Thanks Thanks:  186
Likes Likes:  1,085
Page 48 of 125 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    Do the Hawks have the capacity to chase both Smith and Barrass in terms of draft capital?
    Hawks are mainly focusing on Battle and Barrass.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Thanks Dogs 24/7 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    2 key defenders will allow Sicily to be even more creative.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they didn’t realise how available Barass was and they’ll forget about Battle now. That’s what I would do.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Maybe they didn’t realise how available Barass was and they’ll forget about Battle now. That’s what I would do.
    Tom Morris claiming Hawks will land both
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bullet dodged with Barrass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Nice call, now confirmed by some in the media.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Bullet dodged with Barrass.
    There should be no question that he would have made us a stronger side and for the short term he would have solidified our back line but he would have cost a fair bit to get him across in terms of draft capital. That's about the only reason why I haven't been more enthused with all the speculation we were in the mix to get him.
    I still think we are an outside chance of landing him but I won't be devastated if we miss out.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There should be no question that he would have made us a stronger side and for the short term he would have solidified our back line but he would have cost a fair bit to get him across in terms of draft capital. That's about the only reason why I haven't been more enthused with all the speculation we were in the mix to get him.
    I still think we are an outside chance of landing him but I won't be devastated if we miss out.
    I don't think it's a simple question to answer either of whether Barrass back and Lobb ruck makes us stronger than English ruck Lobb back. I hope we're targeting other players in positions of need but as the performance level of the group rises I'm becoming more keen on keeping the existing group together. That may change with finals though.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait so are we out on Barrass now? I listened to the Morris video and it all still sounds up in the air.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone can screenshot this and hit me with the "I told you so" in 12 months time, but I think us missing out on Barrass will be a sliding doors moment in 5 years time. The guy is a star, full stop. He would make our backline extremely strong, and he will make the hawks backline extremely strong now instead of ours. The whole scenario stinks of doggies supporters now playing down how perfect he would have been for our side because we've been made the bridesmaid once again. Jones and Keath will be done sooner rather than later, Lobb could very easily be a flash in the pan (he's performed for 3 games, not a season), JOD and Buss will be good but they still have strength and development left. He would have been the perfect addition for a full tilt at a flag next year, and we're going to miss it. Draft picks and salary cap play a role in the decision making, but we scarily might only have <5 years left on a lot of our current guns. Win now is the mentality we should be aiming for. I'm an eternal pessimist, but I can easily picture the hawks challenging for a flag with Barrass as their key defensive pillar while we all look on in dismay as we were this close...
    Last edited by Countrydog5; 02-08-2024 at 11:45 AM.

13. Likes EasternWest, GVGjr, azabob, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Battle is a FA though and can rebound. He walks into most sides in the competiiton.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I like Battle, but is there a need for both of them? Sounds like it would be the better part of $2m tied up in two guys to fill one spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I like Battle, but is there a need for both of them? Sounds like it would be the better part of $2m tied up in two guys to fill one spot.
    Feels like it's pretty much the exact strategy that got the demons a flag. I'd do it if I was Hawthorn.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw Mark Keane from Adelaide name pop up as in the mix to be traded to Collingwood I think.

Irish background, kicks it real nice and isn't too slow. Don't think he is a great body on body defender though. Would he be of interest?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I don't think it's a simple question to answer either of whether Barrass back and Lobb ruck makes us stronger than English ruck Lobb back. I hope we're targeting other players in positions of need but as the performance level of the group rises I'm becoming more keen on keeping the existing group together. That may change with finals though.
    What about English ruck, Lobb back and Sam Lalor/Bo Allan/Joe Berry on the list?

Barrass is a jet, but I'm very uncomfortable giving up that much draft collateral and that big of a contract for a 29-year-old with some question marks on his body, especially when we're starting to see it be the making of Lobb.

19. Likes GVGjr liked this post