Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  38
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 21, 2024 vs Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Right in front of the members.

I actually felt for Oliver there, he's a champ who is battling atm.
    Oliver hasn’t got the players around him anymore that made his game exceptional.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

A comical one I was reminded of watching the replay: McDonald giving away the 50 that bright Marra to the goalsquare. Mentally, that was the end of his game. Had May not been injured he would have been subbed half way through the third.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Right in front of the members.

I actually felt for Oliver there, he's a champ who is battling atm.
    He has also stacked on the weight
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McDonald rag dolling Weightman and then losing his mind about being pinged for it, after Weightman used a standard block on a key back.*

I can't think of a time where ripping into Cody has worked out well for the opposition. He's not a cheat, he's not a thug, he's a lovely guy who is skilled enough to make you pay if you touch him, try to **** him, try to muscle him. Don't **** with Cody Weightman even if Happy Days is an art snob.

*The commentary said Weightman was a victim of retaliation for holding off the ball, and that's just wrong. Weightman didn't hold, he is just so strong guys like McDonald can't get passed him unless they break the rules of the game. **** I love Cody, and he will prove all of you wrong and make it.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

6. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    McDonald rag dolling Weightman and then losing his mind about being pinged for it, after Weightman used a standard block on a key back.

I can't think of a time where ripping into Cody has worked out well for the opposition. He's not a cheat, he's not a thug, he's a lovely guy who is skilled enough to make you pay if you touch him, try to **** him, try to muscle him. Don't **** with Cody Weightman even if Happy Days is an art snob.
    McDonald would be such a tough hang. I firmly believe that 80% of the Dees downfall is how uncoppable they must all find it to be around each other all the time.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    McDonald would be such a tough hang. I firmly believe that 80% of the Dees downfall is how uncoppable they must all find it to be around each other all the time.
    GVGjnr needs to install a love emoji, even if his heart is cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I can't figure out whether the opposite of either old school Dirty Dozen or whichever Oceans is most relevant to the Dees, when it comes to likeability in their recruiting strategy.

Like let's bring the most unlikeable people together and make them win a fake premiership after a Paul Roos episode......mind blowing stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He has also stacked on the weight
    He looked enormous compared to previous years. Still overflowing with natural talent but fitness is a shambles.

We all know why but Melbourne look to have been very poor at dealing with him.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    He looked enormous compared to previous years. Still overflowing with natural talent but fitness is a shambles.

We all know why but Melbourne look to have been very poor at dealing with him.
    You can see he was a very chubby kid and has done everything to get his weight down over the years but if you slack off one iota you bang it back on.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I can't figure out whether the opposite of either old school Dirty Dozen or whichever Oceans is most relevant to the Dees, when it comes to likeability in their recruiting strategy.

Like let's bring the most unlikeable people together and make them win a fake premiership after a Paul Roos episode......mind blowing stuff.
    On that note I was reading the match report by the usually very droll Melbourne blogger Demonblog but this paragraph made me see red all over again:

We'll always have 25/09/2021, and during the week we got revelations about the teams being in the same nightclub on Grand Final night. I know Perth isn't New York, but there had to be two suitable venues that could hold one team each? Imagine bursting into flames on the biggest stage then having to watch the winning captain joyfully riding on a teammate's shoulders while having ice piffed at you by James Harmes? Sounds like shithouse event planning to me. What do you think was more awkward, Harmes arriving at the Dogs having treated them like peasants, or Hunter and Schache spending their MFC careers constantly being reminded of the dead set rooting they were part of on that enchanted evening?

….. Has anyone seen this detail about the GF aftermath before? It makes me all the more angry that they owned us so many times since then.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Losing Petracca and Brayshaw has ruined their structure. Viney is a shadow of his former self; Oliver is, well, fat; Gawn is still good but injured; they look like losing May for a few weeks. They've lost their mojo, good riddance

15. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    On that note I was reading the match report by the usually very droll Melbourne blogger Demonblog but this paragraph made me see red all over again:

We'll always have 25/09/2021, and during the week we got revelations about the teams being in the same nightclub on Grand Final night. I know Perth isn't New York, but there had to be two suitable venues that could hold one team each? Imagine bursting into flames on the biggest stage then having to watch the winning captain joyfully riding on a teammate's shoulders while having ice piffed at you by James Harmes? Sounds like shithouse event planning to me. What do you think was more awkward, Harmes arriving at the Dogs having treated them like peasants, or Hunter and Schache spending their MFC careers constantly being reminded of the dead set rooting they were part of on that enchanted evening?

….. Has anyone seen this detail about the GF aftermath before? It makes me all the more angry that they owned us so many times since then.
    Imagine clinging to an asterisk. It makes me happy that none of them got to see it in person, given the way they've behaved since.

At the time there was a story about how the teams almost came to blows as we were ascending a couple of levels to a private area within the nightclub (I think).

Anyway, the above seems like a weird response to a home and away game. It's like we're the ones living in their heads rather than the other way around. Must have something to do with our recent flag being real and everyone knowing theirs was bullshit.

17. Likes CarnTheScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We were incredibly wasteful in Q2 and Melbourne somehow got to within 16 points with a couple of minutes to go. They went forward again and Liam Jones made an amazing spoil from nowhere about 20m out to ensure we remained 3ish goals up.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine clinging to an asterisk. It makes me happy that none of them got to see it in person, given the way they've behaved since.

At the time there was a story about how the teams almost came to blows as we were ascending a couple of levels to a private area within the nightclub (I think).

Anyway, the above seems like a weird response to a home and away game. It's like we're the ones living in their heads rather than the other way around. Must have something to do with our recent flag being real and everyone knowing theirs was bullshit.
    Richmond's 2020 was seriously not a flag, Melbourne's is closer to the real thing however us playing the Lions at a full Gabba and Port at a full AO is what tips it into the realms of unreal for me.

Let's all remember the words of their president just to remind us of this fact :
    Despite breaking the club’s 57-year premiership drought at Optus Stadium in Perth last September, Roffey said the players won’t feel like a premiership side until they win a grand final at the MCG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post

Well for one I do not think half of the details peddled by their supporters are true and I treat them as fan fiction.

They were the better team on that day, but everyone and their dog knows it was a compromised year. Sure everyone had to play under the same covid environment, but they were not a 74pt better team. Still a good side though and they stayed in the top 4 outside the covid years, but they deluded themselves into thinking Ben Brown and Mcdonald would carry the forward line with Fritsch like 2021.

Their GF opponent had to travel around the country with no breaks and so we ran out of juice in the second half. Win any of the last three and we finish top 4 and its a different story.

I've gotten over it now but I am constantly surprised and amazed how rent free in their heads we are, when they were the ones who won??

21. Likes bornadog liked this post