Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: With all this talk of fundraising and contracts and Bailey Smith...

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I think there is a fair chance Hawthorn miss out with 14 wins unless they can increase their percentage or there are some major upsets. They are also a fairly unlikely opponent for us in week 1.
    Hawks bubble burst for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    They've got too many side hustles to get to.

Besides, the family of 4 on 80k a year are more emotionally invested in the club and should definitely be bled for that little bit more.
    I did see Bont & a few others spruiking Camrys & Corollas on Airport Toyota?s social media last week and he somehow played alright on Friday despite the distraction of doing sponsorship duties.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I think there is a fair chance Hawthorn miss out with 14 wins unless they can increase their percentage or there are some major upsets. They are also a fairly unlikely opponent for us in week 1.
    Carlton are " gettable" this week and they have two easy games at that. This week is like an elimination final and if they win, I think they make it
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Are the players out there making calls and rattling tins today?
    Not that I'm aware of. I got two calls from the club today but neither of them were players. I think the players had the day off today.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. I got two calls from the club today but neither of them were players. I think the players had the day off today.
    Yeah I got a call about donating and I said I contributed two days ago and suggested they check who they are calling
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I did see Bont & a few others spruiking Camrys & Corollas on Airport Toyota?s social media last week and he somehow played alright on Friday despite the distraction of doing sponsorship duties.
    It's not what the players do in their spare time I'm railing against.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

100 point win coming up folks.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At least

Post Thanks / Like

Who knows?The players may well be up and about seeing how we've hit the fundraising target.

11. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    100 point win coming up folks.
    Yes please.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t feel confident about any match left this season.

Not until the first bounce. Then I’ll be woooo woooo hoooo hooooing and telling anyone who’ll listen that we can’t lose.

But Crom are def no easy beats.

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Start at the bottom first:

I wasn't CONFIDENT we would lose to Melbourne. I said - and I'm not gonna go and find it but it would have been something like this - "Until we can prove that our #1 attacking plan vs Melbourne ISN'T to kick the ball to Steven May and Jake Lever, then I am not prepared to concede we will win this game". To be fair, I did suggest we would beat Carlton and was pretty confident vs Sydney. I'm pretty sure I said the same thing about Tom Stewart that I said about Lever and May btw - both were footy based reasons to be nervous based on past performance.

I think the "distractions" LAST WEEK were all about footy. Past players coming in is GOOD for footy culture and players get very focussed in on performance when things like that are on. Having Hawkins at the club and watching highlights of Dougie doing Dougie things is inspirational. Listening to him talk about how he feels about the facilities etc - that helps ground them and reminds them of some simple truths - like, "We are lucky to be playing a game and getting paid to do it. We have things that those before us didn't have...etc".

The distractions this week are all about 'self' - $ and cents, pure and simple. That is not a good mindset for a football team.

If the players are disconnected from it...well, that's great. I just know that talking about Chinese walls and other such devices of separating issues within organisations is all cool until it isn't...I don't want it to not be cool this week against a dangerous team.
    On the contrary I think the members raising a million bucks in one day, (how long did it take in 89?), is a real motivator for the football department and it shows that we believe in them and the club is important to us. Wouldn't be surprised to hear Bevo mention it at some stage on Sunday.

Every single team is dangerous but I have 100% faith that the players and coaches won't let us down this week.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

16. Likes GVGjr, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Carlton are " gettable" this week and they have two easy games at that. This week is like an elimination final and if they win, I think they make it
    14 wins is factoring them in to win their last 3 games, including Carlton. Because their percentage isn't great they need to rely on teams ahead losing. Carlton have West Coast and St Kilda, they could drop one but shouldn't. Fingers crossed we don't drop the 2 games out of 3 they need. Freo might be their best hope (Cats & Port home, GWS away) - hawks need them to drop 2 of those.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    On the contrary I think the members raising a million bucks in one day, (how long did it take in 89?), is a real motivator for the football department and it shows that we believe in them and the club is important to us. Wouldn't be surprised to hear Bevo mention it at some stage on Sunday.

Every single team is dangerous but I have 100% faith that the players and coaches won't let us down this week.
    I tend to think Bevo will use it as motivation in the same way . Look at our supporters we need to thank them etc etc
    Bring back the biff

19. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah I got a call about donating and I said I contributed two days ago and suggested they check who they are calling
    Wow, BAD has dropped a don't you know who I am?

21. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post