Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  177
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Geelong

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I admit, seeing him destroy us year in year out has probably coloured my thinking.
    Good thing is he is 31 years old (32 in March) and may only have a few years left to torment us.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Good thing is he is 31 years old (32 in March) and may only have a few years left to torment us.
    I see a change in us this year that is different from other years. We are a different team , we belted Geelong in Geelong, and belted Melbourne, the two teams who have haunted us and beat us for years.
    Maybe just maybe we are going on a threepeat in the near future, even the great EJ never won in Geelong , we hand now done it two times in a row. The winds of change are coming.
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes josie, Uninformed, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

About time the taxpayer put some money into Geelong stadiums! Sedat Park II, lets make it happen!

Geelong coach Chris Scott says a boutique stadium at Kardinia Park could be used for junior footy

Plans for a bespoke stadium catering for up to 8000 fans has been endorsed by Geelong senior coach Chris Scott, saying it would benefit more than just the Cats? four-team program.

Geelong coach Chris Scott has welcomed a proposal for a boutique stadium at Kardinia Park, saying it could also potentially be used for junior footy.

This masthead revealed a City of Greater Geelong blueprint for the site has been put on hold until after the local government elections.

However, it is understood that a stadium catering for between 5000 and 8000 people could be constructed, where Geelong Cricket Club currently plays, to cater for VFL and AFLW games.

The Cats proposed a similar idea two years ago but flagged it might need private or government support.

The club has a goal of raising $20m under its ?significant? Capital Campaign, one of the most important projects in the club?s history, its most recent annual report reveals.

The fund will invest in elite training facilities and high-performance equipment with a ?wide range of social, community and economic benefits?.

The club is also aiming to deliver a ?football department refresh? with an AFLW purpose-built locker room to ?support genuine inclusion and quality across all programs? before the season begins.

It would also include an upgrade of the club?s elite high performance facilities, including ?increasing the footprint of the football department? to cater for all four programs.

?We have a clear opportunity with this project to work towards gender equity for women in sport, to deepen our support for our community, and to propel all our teams into the future,? the report revealed.

Scott?s endorsement comes as some tenant groups are meeting again with consultant Urbis this week about the masterplan.

Speaking to reporters after the Cats? thrilling five-point win over the Adelaide Crows last Saturday night at GMHBA Stadium, Scott said a ?bespoke? stadium would suit the club?s four-team program.

?I more than welcome it, I think it?s completely appropriate,? Scott said.

?We?re so fortunate to have, I think ... the best regional stadium in the country.

?I?ve tried around the world a bit, for a regional venue this is outstanding and it?s got the potential to be even better.

?We run four programs within our operation here at Geelong and it only makes sense we could have more of a bespoke, boutique stadium that?s sort of suited to the 16-a-side game in a little bit smaller (ground) but with the right amenity for the supporters as well.

?Our ?W? program has just started, but it?s exciting, the club?s invested in it and it just makes perfect sense for the community as well

?It would be perfect for junior footy as well.

?I think just assuming that what?s ideal for AFL men?s players can just be reused for young kids or female players doesn?t show enough thought in my opinion.

?So the fact they?re thinking about it is a good thing.?

5. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They should make it with giant wings but also only 120m long
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What?s better than one tax payer funded shit hole that only advantages one side in the entire competition?

Two!

9. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    About time the taxpayer put some money into Geelong stadiums! Sedat Park II, lets make it happen!

Geelong coach Chris Scott says a boutique stadium at Kardinia Park could be used for junior footy

Plans for a bespoke stadium catering for up to 8000 fans has been endorsed by Geelong senior coach Chris Scott, saying it would benefit more than just the Cats? four-team program.

Geelong coach Chris Scott has welcomed a proposal for a boutique stadium at Kardinia Park, saying it could also potentially be used for junior footy.

This masthead revealed a City of Greater Geelong blueprint for the site has been put on hold until after the local government elections.

However, it is understood that a stadium catering for between 5000 and 8000 people could be constructed, where Geelong Cricket Club currently plays, to cater for VFL and AFLW games.

The Cats proposed a similar idea two years ago but flagged it might need private or government support.

The club has a goal of raising $20m under its ?significant? Capital Campaign, one of the most important projects in the club?s history, its most recent annual report reveals.

The fund will invest in elite training facilities and high-performance equipment with a ?wide range of social, community and economic benefits?.

The club is also aiming to deliver a ?football department refresh? with an AFLW purpose-built locker room to ?support genuine inclusion and quality across all programs? before the season begins.

It would also include an upgrade of the club?s elite high performance facilities, including ?increasing the footprint of the football department? to cater for all four programs.

?We have a clear opportunity with this project to work towards gender equity for women in sport, to deepen our support for our community, and to propel all our teams into the future,? the report revealed.

Scott?s endorsement comes as some tenant groups are meeting again with consultant Urbis this week about the masterplan.

Speaking to reporters after the Cats? thrilling five-point win over the Adelaide Crows last Saturday night at GMHBA Stadium, Scott said a ?bespoke? stadium would suit the club?s four-team program.

?I more than welcome it, I think it?s completely appropriate,? Scott said.

?We?re so fortunate to have, I think ... the best regional stadium in the country.

?I?ve tried around the world a bit, for a regional venue this is outstanding and it?s got the potential to be even better.

?We run four programs within our operation here at Geelong and it only makes sense we could have more of a bespoke, boutique stadium that?s sort of suited to the 16-a-side game in a little bit smaller (ground) but with the right amenity for the supporters as well.

?Our ?W? program has just started, but it?s exciting, the club?s invested in it and it just makes perfect sense for the community as well

?It would be perfect for junior footy as well.

?I think just assuming that what?s ideal for AFL men?s players can just be reused for young kids or female players doesn?t show enough thought in my opinion.

?So the fact they?re thinking about it is a good thing.?
    If there's anything the city of greater Geelong struggles for, it's community football facilities.....

When I played in the GFL we got to play finals at Sedat Stadium and it was a real thrill to roll around on almost-AFL size ground. I'm not sure why they would build another smaller stadium to take away that opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

They play about 10 games there a year, how is it so overutilized that they need a second stadium? Aside from the occasional A-League game does anything else even happen there the remaining 340 odd days?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    They play about 10 games there a year, how is it so overutilized that they need a second stadium? Aside from the occasional A-League game does anything else even happen there the remaining 340 odd days?
    VFL games. Totally unsustainable

Post Thanks / Like

AFLW . Gets used more than whitten oval.
    Bring back the biff