Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  86
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 23 VS North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Cannot believe he got me again. This is like the 6th time I’ve talked myself into him being AFL standard.
    He was on a hiding to nothing against the wall of man meat that is Fogarty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Pretty easy for the forward when your oppo is facing the wrong way in every contest. Did the same against Fritsch last week.

3. Likes westbulldog, Bullies, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Maybe but why did he keep trying to defend him from 10m in front and feeding back to spoil as if that’s ever worked consistently one time in the 150 year history of football? Is Bailey Fritsch also a meat wall? What if letting someone get 11 shots at goal is actually not good?

We all want it to work so bad because Buku seems like a legend and it would also be very convenient for our current purposes but he just keeps getting lost and keeps getting belted one on one.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe but why did he keep trying to defend him from 10m in front and feeding back to spoil as if that’s ever worked consistently one time in the 150 year history of football? Is Bailey Fritsch also a meat wall? What if letting someone get 11 shots at goal is actually not good?

We all want it to work so bad because Buku seems like a legend and it would also be very convenient for our current purposes but he just keeps getting lost and keeps getting belted one on one.
    Bevo coaches the defenders to defend from in front.

I'm not sold on Buku HD, JOD either.

Post Thanks / Like

Coffield seems to have a knack of getting back to cover the last line when Jones/Lobb/Khamis are dragged high

I can't see both Coff & Khamis getting dropped without significant cover, meaning we'd bring in JOD and Freijah as replacements.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

What's Coffield's role in our back 6? He's too small for the big blokes, too big for the small blokes, hasn't been intercepting and his kicking has been objectively poor. Not sure why he's demanded automatic selection

9. Likes Sedat, bornadog, DOG GOD, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Provided he pulled up well on the weekend, I would give strong consideration for Harmes to replace Poulter. We need another defensive-minded, team-oriented mid sized player in the team - not a knock on Poulter but we are at the business end and need to have optimum balance in the team to cover all contingencies in-game. Poulter is just a little too one-dimensional, and his one-wood is not top-shelf elite.

Harmes was very important in our resurgence from 3-5 to the bye before he got injured. I'm well aware that this bandwagon is not bursting at the seams with people.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes Grantysghost, hujsh, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Not sure why VDM is a flog, but I agree he is fumbly and lacking in skills at times. Unfortunately we don't have anyone who can cover the ground at pace like he can, and I think a lot of the time when he misses tackles it's after a long run to put pressure on that doesn't really show up on TV.

Garcia led our tackles tonight with nine, which is great and all, but he needs to be a bit more productive and also get a few more scoring opportunities. I'd keep him in the team, even though I'm not as enamoured with him as some.

Daniel did enough for mine to get an opportunity to see if he can play a role and be productive in it in terms of finding the ball and using it. 15 touches in a quarter and a half is all you can ask for from a sub, so he's earned a full game for mine.

All that said, I want to see how we can reward both Jacko and Sanders for good VFL form the past two weeks and fear one will be the sub, and one will miss out. An injury omission is their likely chance for inclusion unless we decide to omit a Coffield or Khamis and shuffle things around.

Khamis is the one who I don't think has a genuine role in the back six if Lobb and Jones are firing.
    If you barracked for another team VDM would be a flog.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

13. Likes bornadog, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Provided he pulled up well on the weekend, I would give strong consideration for Harmes to replace Poulter. We need another defensive-minded, team-oriented mid sized player in the team - not a knock on Poulter but we are at the business end and need to have optimum balance in the team to cover all contingencies in-game. Poulter is just a little too one-dimensional, and his one-wood is not top-shelf elite.

Harmes was very important in our resurgence from 3-5 to the bye before he got injured. I'm well aware that this bandwagon is not bursting at the seams with people.
    I'm open to the bandwagon.

After all how do we drop Harmes unless he's picked first?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

I would be happy to bring in Harmes, but would also like to keep Poulter. I think Poulter has been very good on the wing. He has height, he is a good kick and has some speed as well.

So who else can be dropped for Harmes? VDM? I know they are different players, but
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Pretty easy for the forward when your oppo is facing the wrong way in every contest. Did the same against Fritsch last week.
    You will find that sides are playing through whoever Buku is playing on. They know he has no touch or awareness on opponents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would be happy to bring in Harmes, but would also like to keep Poulter. I think Poulter has been very good on the wing. He has height, he is a good kick and has some speed as well.

So who else can be dropped for Harmes? VDM? I know they are different players, but
    I like what Poulter has brought to the table as well with his ball use and height, and feel like we're already playing plenty of those 'crack-in' midsizers.

I think Harmes can do a lot of what VDM, Garcia, McNeil and West do, but he's just....a better player than those guys. I thought he hit a really nice vein of form before injury.

I'd look at:

Out - Buku, Coffield, VDM, (Garcia to sub)
    In - Gallagher, Freijah, Harmes, (Caleb starting 22)

I've brought Gallagher back to play on a wing, with Bailey Williams rolling back as the third tall defender. I think Williams has consistently played his best footy down back and I'm not sure JOD has earned the spot.

Tough on Macrae and Sanders, but I thought Caleb was terrific when he came on and they're all battling for inside mid places.

19. Likes azabob, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If any of you try to quote this post or bring it up later I’ll deny I ever said it but Harmes is the best suited player we have to that hybrid forward mid role that we’ve tried to shoehorn Macrae, Garcia and Daniel into, and he should come in next week for Garcia.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

21. Likes Hotdog60, DOG GOD, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Friejah for Buku, Harmes for VDM, Macrae for Libba ( managed)

Post Thanks / Like

If any of you try to quote this post or bring it up later I’ll deny I ever said it but Harmes is the best suited player we have to that hybrid forward mid role that we’ve tried to shoehorn Macrae, Garcia and Daniel into, and he should come in next week for Garcia.
    I think we're also playing too many of those 'hybrid' smalls and could fit another midfielder in. McNeil, Laith, Garcia and West all spent a fair bit of time on-ball yesterday - I'd rather we played a genuine midfielder there instead.

Against Freo, we played only three of those smaller forward types (Laith, West, Weightman) in a side that also had Gallagher, Scott, Macrae and Sanders and Caleb sub. Yesterday we played all of Laith, West, McNeil, Weightman and Garcia. There probably is enough midfield time to play an outside runner in Gallagher, or rotate a Caleb/Macrae/Sanders through the inside mid/high half forward slot, and leave one of those guys out.