Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  40
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: IF it's the hope that kills you...

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    They are going well but Brisbane should never have lost that game. 4.7 to 0.1 at quarter time - the game should have been over. Hawthorn were thoroughly outplaying them a couple of weeks back before they inexplicably stopped in the last quarter and GWS ran them down. Lose those 2 games and they teetering on the edge of the 8. They certainly seem to finish games well.
    Yeah remember Ballarat! Think they've proven you have to play four quarters to beat them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Lose the next two and GWS could be out of the 8 depending on % and other results - that is how close this year is
    Win this week they're guaranteed top 5. They won't drop Freo at home.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that could generate a NM win is their knack of kicking 10.1 and our knack of kicking 3.8.
    This could well and truly be the difference.
    I’m sticking with my NM prediction by 1 pt, factoring in the above.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep, they have been incredibly efficient which is not sustainable over the course of a 3-4 week finals campaign, where there is a lot of dirty ball. They are dangerous with their movement from D50 to F50, and they also have the best contested mark in the competition who is clunking them within 30m of goal (hence the high conversion efficiency). They are way too Hogan-reliant at the moment though.
    Looking at the GWS footage on AFL360, Kingy showed just how hard GWS work to give Hogan his one-on-one opportunities, so close to goal. Given Liam Jones' mobility it may be prudent to give Lobb the job on Hogan, and let Jones roam free to intercept before Hogan gets his chance. Lobb is a very strong competitor in a one-one-one situation.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

5. Likes Hotdog60, Grantysghost, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Why would they be confident in beating us?

We've won 5 of our last 6 against GWS with the only one being last year at Ballarat when we played them off the park until injuries hobbled us.

They won't be beating us.
    I agree!

I'm more confident against GWS than Norrrrfff this week, we will still seriously impact this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Looking at the GWS footage on AFL360, Kingy showed just how hard GWS work to give Hogan his one-on-one opportunities, so close to goal. Given Liam Jones' mobility it may be prudent to give Lobb the job on Hogan, and let Jones roam free to intercept before Hogan gets his chance. Lobb is a very strong competitor in a one-one-one situation.
    Idk J54, I reckon Jones is the only one with the strength to go with Hogan, who is an absolute brute.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

No way Norf beat us on Sunday but it would.hilarious if they did. Hilarious as in taking a crap in your bin at home and then lighting it.

GWS hate Ballarat. Don't they?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

IF? after the last time this team suffered a bad loss in Adelaide it went on a rampage, winning 4 in a row including 3 comprehensive victories against the three form sides of the competition

THEN ? Bevo will be hoping the team can do a few better and finish the year with 6 straight wins. One week at a time, but this side has the potential to go all the way.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

10. Likes Mofra, bornadog, josie liked this post