Thanks Thanks:  132
Likes Likes:  574
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2565666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1150
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial "Where is T&T?" who to root for thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    or, West Coast Beat Geelong, , Freo beat Port at home and we win two and go top 4
    Except Brisbane smash Essendon to go top four.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If Geelong get a live kill and smash West Coast at home next week and get ahead of GWS percentage, GWS will already know that they can lose and stay in Sydney for the QF.
    Nah, GWS have 4% on the cats. Even if Cats pick up a huge 5%, they wouldn’t need to do us by a heap.

If Geeling have a chance to **** us, you can always count on them to do it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    or, West Coast Beat Geelong, , Freo beat Port at home and we win two and go top 4
    Even if Geelong somehow lose next week (they won't), there is zero chance Essendon beats Brisbane at the Gabba.

Top 4 is a million to one shot.

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The most immediate roots are us to win and Hawks or Carlton to lose tomorrow. That books us a spot with our percentage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Nah, GWS have 4% on the cats. Even if Cats pick up a huge 5%, they wouldn’t need to do us by a heap.

If Geeling have a chance to **** us, you can always count on them to do it.
    If the Cats beat WC by about 65 points (quite doable at home), their percentage will jump ahead of GWS, which will be known before GWS play us. Do GWS go a million miles an hour against us with a home state final already in the back pocket?

Post Thanks / Like

If the Cats beat WC by about 65 points (quite doable at home), their percentage will jump ahead of GWS, which will be known before GWS play us. Do GWS go a million miles an hour against us with a home state final already in the back pocket?
    I hope not. Ideally Cats win tonight and they select an inferior side. They could have a late out and an interesting sub. But I agree, if Geelong can jump them, the best result for them is staying in Sydney the whole first week and getting a gettable side. That’s their best path logically. But they could just try to go for broke too. It was clear cut at half time vs the saints. Gotta hope for Geelong to have some pride and jump them. GWS won’t get a show ground game either. Most likely Homebush stadium. So it’s not quite the same. Interesting times.

8. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

An added bonus of the Saints beating Carlton next week would be that it would ensure GC finish 5th last and mean we would have a better third round pick. Not much I know but still better!

10. Likes jeemak, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I go into full maths nerd mode at this time of year. Pretty much everything hinges on Geelong v West Coast next week. Assuming Geelong win and win easily (West Coast officially checked out of season 2024 yesterday), the following impacts the entire top 8:

* 60-70 point win - Geelong get ahead of GWS %
    * 100-110 point win - Geelong get ahead of Port Adelaide %

We want to be barracking for Geelong to annihilate West Coast and get past Port's %, as it will motivate GWS to go easy next week and Port to go full-bore next week (to avoid an away QF against Geelong) - both mindsets obviously help us.

Super unlikely (almost no chance in hell) - Essendon win or draw against Brisbane. Gives us a chance to finish 5th if we beat GWS - we would then get either Carlton or Freo in a EF.

No chance in hell - Hawthorn losing to North (would obviously help us but will not be happening, unless Clarko plays himself and reprises his role in the Battle of Britain of 1987 and knocks out half the Hawthorn team)
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

12. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I go into full maths nerd mode at this time of year. Pretty much everything hinges on Geelong v West Coast next week. Assuming Geelong win and win easily (West Coast officially checked out of season 2024 yesterday), the following impacts the entire top 8:

* 60-70 point win - Geelong get ahead of GWS %
    * 100-110 point win - Geelong get ahead of Port Adelaide %

We want to be barracking for Geelong to annihilate West Coast and get past Port's %, as it will motivate GWS to go easy next week and Port to go full-bore next week (to avoid an away QF against Geelong) - both mindsets obviously help us.

Super unlikely (almost no chance in hell) - Essendon win or draw against Brisbane. Gives us a chance to finish 5th if we beat GWS - we would then get either Carlton or Freo in a EF.

No chance in hell - Hawthorn losing to North (would obviously help us but will not be happening, unless Clarko plays himself and reprises his role in the Battle of Britain of 1987 and knocks out half the Hawthorn team)
    The Eagles were absolutely horrendous yesterday. The cats will have every reason to pile it on.

I really do hope though that we take care of our own business. As good as Carl v Coll was 2 years ago, I don't want to go through it again. We've played well enough to deserve a finals spot. Let's punch our ticket.

On another note, are any of Carlton stars due to come back this week? The saints are more than good enough to knock them off, but relying on St kilda is never good.

14. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The Eagles were absolutely horrendous yesterday. The cats will have every reason to pile it on.

I really do hope though that we take care of our own business. As good as Carl v Coll was 2 years ago, I don't want to go through it again. We've played well enough to deserve a finals spot. Let's punch our ticket.

On another note, are any of Carlton stars due to come back this week? The saints are more than good enough to knock them off, but relying on St kilda is never good.
    Agree 100%. From my perspective, if we are a serious contender in 2024, we need to win next week and sound an official warning to the rest of the top 8. Losing and sneaking in, or missing out altogether are basically the same thing for me - we aren't a real contender in either scenario. Of course I'd rather make finals than not, but I want us to be a bonafide contender this year, not a fortunate also-ran.

I didn't include Carlton v St Kilda in the rooting analysis because this is completely up in the air when we finish our match. Likewise Freo v Port. I want both matches to not matter because that would mean we've already taken care of business against a quality opponent.

Post Thanks / Like

Essington in a special farewell game for Heppell, Shiel, Jakey and Dodoro, and Brad Scott coaching with one arm behind his back, show the emotion to get over the line playing away at the Gabba... ?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Essington in a special farewell game for Heppell, Shiel, Jakey and Dodoro, and Brad Scott coaching with one arm behind his back, show the emotion to get over the line playing away at the Gabba... ?
    Yep, the Heppell factor is why I gave it a tiny speck of a chance (they really missed a trick last week at home in front of their own fans). They would also be desperate not to repeat last year's embarrassing finish to the season.

I have them pencilled in for a competitive loss next week.

18. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dons will lose by 200 this week what are you guys talking about.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Dons will lose by 200 this week what are you guys talking about.
    That's being generous.

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick Cripps and the 19th best team in the VFL DESTROYED the Eagles in Perth yesterday - the Eagles have packed it in for 2024 - imagine the slaughter that will happen against a near full strength Geelong playing at Pork Barrell Park baying for blood after a shock loss to the inconsistent Saints and needing a massive percentage booster to give them a chance at avoiding heading out of state for their 1st final.

Remember that game where they destroyed Melbourne down there by 30 goals - that could be the half time score.
    Footscray member since 1980.