Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  35
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So how do we beat GWS this week?

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Sorry man, I just can't see it.

If we were going to try someone who can go in the air with him it would be JOD and even then I struggle to see how Toby doesn't gut punch him and get distance on him.

I know Duryea has had his issues in the past but he's the most likely to keep Greene as a known quantity, even if that means three or four. A Khamis or JOD match up stinks of six or seven to me.
    I think we'd be very happy if we keep him to 3 goals but it all depends on what happens upfield though, doesn't it? If our mids do their job, whoever we put on Greene has a much easier day.

I'm hoping for a repeat of the Geelong game where we stifled them all game and Khamis' aggressive front positioning paid off because of it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think we'd be very happy if we keep him to 3 goals but it all depends on what happens upfield though, doesn't it? If our mids do their job, whoever we put on Greene has a much easier day.

I'm hoping for a repeat of the Geelong game where we stifled them all game and Khamis' aggressive front positioning paid off because of it.
    That's why if Tim doesn't play I'm all in on Lobb busting a gut again rather than doing anything silly in the ruck. The importance of just doing enough in the contest and upfield will go such a long way to us succeeding.

A guard rail at the top of the cliff is a much better solution than a hospital at the bottom of it.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    GWS are playing well but their handball game is their biggest weapon and their biggest weakness. If we come forward to defend strongly - and Duryea and Jones seem to understand this as well as anyone in the league - then we will 100% be able to disrupt them, win the footy back
    This is huge for mine.

I wanted Lobb in the ruck last week but would love to be able to play him back to help Jones and Doc with the above + Jones dealing with Hogan.

Briggs is a quality ruck but not Xerri. I'm concerned with Buku vs a clever and dynamic GWS forward line. I wonder how much of him playing in the ruck was about resting Lobb and how much was seeing how he goes for the game vs GWS if he English doesn't come up. Thought he link up work was good whilst in the ruck but a very small sample wise and the heat was well and truly out of the contest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    This is huge for mine.

I wanted Lobb in the ruck last week but would love to be able to play him back to help Jones and Doc with the above + Jones dealing with Hogan.

Briggs is a quality ruck but not Xerri. I'm concerned with Buku vs a clever and dynamic GWS forward line. I wonder how much of him playing in the ruck was about resting Lobb and how much was seeing how he goes for the game vs GWS if he English doesn't come up. Thought he link up work was good whilst in the ruck but a very small sample wise and the heat was well and truly out of the contest.
    Buku is a bit of a worry. from what I?ve seen of GWS they don?t bomb it in. There is method in how they go forward. Buku could be exposed. Potentially Coffield is the safer option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    Buku is a bit of a worry. from what I?ve seen of GWS they don?t bomb it in. There is method in how they go forward. Buku could be exposed. Potentially Coffield is the safer option.
    Greene could have an absolute field day, my biggest worry would be when the ball comes in low and hard or hits the deck - either of those situations and I think he has our backline on toast.

For me Coffield has been really poor - even with some and time - he?s too big a risk I think for a team as skilful and well rounded as GWS