Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  88
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 24 VS GWS

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I feel like if Tim plays he's going to be in his shell unless he's absolutely 100% in top shape
    Yeah, don't play him unless he's right or we'll get a repeat of the Crows game.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm backing him to atone for his last performance.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm backing him to atone for his last performance.
    He's a slow starter coming back from injury. Granted they've usually been concussion related so maybe it's a bit different but he doesn't strike me as the 'play through the pain' type.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    He's a slow starter coming back from injury. Granted they've usually been concussion related so maybe it's a bit different but he doesn't strike me as the 'play through the pain' type.
    I reckon Tim's played through more pain than you might realise over his tenure with us (in his early days he looked like South Park Jesus getting beaten up by Satan some weeks). Most of the contest guys do.

My point in this case is that he would have been stung by the result and overt criticism, let alone the in between stuff Beveridge levelled at him post game. If he has any pride, which I think he does, then he'll be keen to atone.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m glad that if Tim had to absolutely miss a game, it was against Tristan Xerri. That guy is an animal.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I’m glad that if Tim had to absolutely miss a game, it was against Tristan Xerri. That guy is an animal.
    But Briggs isn't??

Briggs 23 > Xerri 24.

The question is I guess is Briggs going to be able to recapture his form/attitude from late last season.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    But Briggs isn't??

Briggs 23 > Xerri 24.

The question is I guess is Briggs going to be able to recapture his form/attitude from late last season.
    I am also clinging to the hope that Briggs shoulder is still causing him grief. He looked tender during the closing stages of the Freo game.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I am also clinging to the hope that Briggs shoulder is still causing him grief. He looked tender during the closing stages of the Freo game.
    He has confirmed it is:

'Bring it on': Giants duo welcome attacks on sore shoulders

Briggs missed the Giants' stirring win against Brisbane two weeks ago with a sore shoulder, and late on in the win over the Dockers he seemed to be in serious pain in that area again.

Fears over the 24-year old's fitness for the remainder of the season were allayed slightly as he waved the trainers away and pressed on in the ruck, and he admits that’ll likely be the way of it for the rest of the year.

"It's not looking likely at this stage," Briggs said in regard to the possibility of surgery at the end of the season.

"Structurally it's fine, so I've just got to suck it up.

"It's just going to be stingers for the rest of the year, it is what it is. Ninety per cent of players at this time of the year are carrying some sort of niggle, sometimes it hurts but we'll move on and get through it," he added.

12. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Must have been a Tim English lookalike doing laps today?

Big Dog set to miss again, swingman to assume ruck duties

Rory Lobb will play at least one more week in the ruck with No.1 ruckman Tim English to miss the Bulldogs' clash with the Giants

NEWLY re-signed ruck Tim English will sit out the Western Bulldogs' crucial final-round rivalry clash with Greater Western Sydney due to an ankle injury.

English missed last week's thumping win over North Melbourne, with rejuvenated big man Rory Lobb impressing in his absence after another positional shift.

The 27-year-old didn't train at the Whitten Oval on Wednesday and Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge all but ruled English out of taking on the Giants.

"He's close," Beveridge said of English, who last week turned his back on free agency to stay with the Dogs until the end of 2029.

"Hopefully he gets a chance (to return) and we get a look by winning this weekend, but we don't anticipate he's going to be available this week."

After reviving his career by moving to defence during the past two months, Lobb returned to his roots against the Kangaroos.

The former Giants player will face up to GWS big man Kieren Briggs in their Ballarat blockbuster on Sunday.

Lobb will have a lighter week on the track after copping a heavy knock against North.

"'Lobby', he's almost got that attitude that if you cut the leg off, he'll grow it back," Beveridge said.

"I was trying to work out what sort of reptile ... whether it's a salamander, or a chameleon, or just your garden variety lizard that can do that, but that's why I love his attitude.

"He thinks he can play until he's he's old and grey, but straight away he'll declare that he's going to be OK.

"It's pretty healthy to have him with that flexibility in his game."

The Bulldogs need to beat the Giants to be guaranteed of playing in the finals, but could finish as high as fourth if Geelong and Brisbane suffered monumental upsets.

If Hawthorn, Carlton and Fremantle all win and the Bulldogs fall to the Giants, they would slip out of the top eight.

Meanwhile, injured midfielder Bailey Smith made a surprise appearance at the club this week as the 23-year-old weighs up his future.

Smith has been completing much of his recovery from an ACL operation away from the Whitten Oval.

Beveridge last week said "as time goes on, your confidence levels start to wane a little bit" when asked about Smith's future at the club.

"It's always nice having him around," Beveridge said on Wednesday of Smith.

"Because his first game back is such a long way away, there's no need for him to be here all the time.

"Obviously he's chomping at the bit to play football this time of year, so it's hard to curb his excitement levels, but it's great to see him.

"He'll be in and out (of the club) over the next period of time."

Beveridge began his press conference by paying tribute to journalist Sam Landsberger following his sudden and tragic death on Tuesday.

Landsberger was a passionate Bulldogs supporter, with his father Jake having served as the club's medical officer for many years.

"Obviously a really tragic set of circumstances, and a challenging and morbid time for the family so love to you Jake and Anne and the family, we're thinking of you," Beveridge said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    But Briggs isn't??

Briggs 23 > Xerri 24.

Briggs is physical but Xerri is on another level. I was wincing by the third quarter for Lobb.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Briggs is physical but Xerri is on another level. I was wincing by the third quarter for Lobb.
    We kept Lobb on ice in the last quarter and let Buks cop the hits. I think we decided before the North game that we'll keep Lobby fresh for the GWS match
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We kept Lobb on ice in the last quarter and let Buks cop the hits. I think we decided before the North game that we'll keep Lobby fresh for the GWS match
    He did look banged up especially that big bump as he kicked the ball forward in the 3rd quarter
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He did look banged up especially that big bump as he kicked the ball forward in the 3rd quarter
    That happened right in front of where I was sitting, it looked like he copped a blow to the plums or the guts. He was in a lot of pain.

Post Thanks / Like

If we win well this week no changes for the EF with the Dawks.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    If we win well this week no changes for the EF with the Dawks.
    No Timmy?