Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  292
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tribunal / suspensions 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Looking at this photo it looks like a good old fashion shirt front and the ball is in play haven't times changed.

I'm not saying he should get off just the angle of the photo and go back 10 years Houston would get a pat on the back.
    That's pretty damming. Shoulder into head. Always been a shit act.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Was that photo taken before or after contact?
    After.

Absolutely rattled his cage.

I maintain that’s a fair bump in play, as per the rules.

It?s also true that it results in a suspension where the receipient is injured.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    After.

I maintain that’s a fair bump in play, as per the rules.

Yeah, that shot is most definitely post-impact.

The first point of contact was Rankine's upper chest and sternum but he was drilled with such force his head whipped forward and glanced off the back of Houston's shoulder in the follow through.

Houston was always going to be in strife but he wasn't out there head-hunting.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    After.

I maintain that?s a fair bump in play, as per the rules.

Rules are any head high contact is a problem if you bump, or any consequences of a bump are the responsibility of the player who bumps.

People just don't understand how concussions work. A hit to the head is bad for the skull, a rattling of the brain due to the head shaking back and forth is what generates a genuine concussion.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

5. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rules are any head high contact is a problem if you bump, or any consequences of a bump are the responsibility of the player who bumps.

People just don't understand how concussions work. A hit to the head is bad for the skull, a rattling of the brain due to the head shaking back and forth is what generates a genuine concussion.
    Thanks jeemak, if he gets a couple more of those in his career he will almost be guaranteed a job for the channel 7 commentary team.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Port appealing 5 weeks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Port appealing 5 weeks
    They've got nothing really to lose so a fair call. I don't like their chances but it could get reduced by a week.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

That's my issue with it though, i actually thought he got him flush on the shoulder (not high) having watched the replay of it which caused the whiplash to then hitting his head on the ground, either way it was a brutal hit.

Post Thanks / Like

Kosi has been given 3 matches for his bump on Darcy Moore.

If we get Melbourne in the opening/first few rounds (as we seem to usually get) it might be a massive win for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

If we get Melbourne in the opening/first few rounds (as we seem to usually get) it might be a massive win for us.
    They've finished low so their draw might change. Be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

I think I'm in the minority but I thought Pickett's bump was more dangerous and worse than Houston. Glad he at least got three weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I think I'm in the minority but I thought Pickett's bump was more dangerous and worse than Houston. Glad he at least got three weeks.
    My reason for not thinking that is Houston had an eternity to make a decision on a guy who was a sitting duck under a high ball.
    Pickett had to guess the taller Moore would go to ground.

I'm still surprised with the Pickett outcome, on Houston's I thought that was spot on.

Houston knew what he was doing would cause injury. It's like tackling someone into the fence, you know you're going to hurt them so you don't do it.

I don't like Kosi's actions at times and the Baz one was appalling, however I think this time he's unlucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    My reason for not thinking that is Houston had an eternity to make a decision on a guy who was a sitting duck under a high ball.
    Pickett had to guess the taller Moore would go to ground.

I'm still surprised with the Pickett outcome, on Houston's I thought that was spot on.

Houston knew what he was doing would cause injury. It's like tackling someone into the fence, you know you're going to hurt them so you don't do it.

I don't like Kosi's actions at times and the Baz one was appalling, however I think this time he's unlucky.
    He literally steps over the ball to get Moore in the head. He turns and gets him with a hip to the face. Moore was concussed and subbed out (which lets be honest, is all the AFL cares about).

The potential for neck injury with Pickett is more serious than Houston's, and I don't buy for one second that it was unavoidable or unlucky. I think 99/100 AFL players would have not bumped Moore in the head - just the frequent flyers like Pickett, Powell-Pepper, Greene etc who have these sort of accidents where they are not to blame.

Edit: to be clear, Houston also very bad and deserving suspension.

15. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    He literally steps over the ball to get Moore in the head. He turns and gets him with a hip to the face. Moore was concussed and subbed out (which lets be honest, is all the AFL cares about).

The potential for neck injury with Pickett is more serious than Houston's, and I don't buy for one second that it was unavoidable or unlucky. I think 99/100 AFL players would have not bumped Moore in the head - just the frequent flyers like Pickett, Powell-Pepper, Greene etc who have these sort of accidents where they are not to blame.

Edit: to be clear, Houston also very bad and deserving suspension.
    I'll take another look. Pickett does have form no doubt.

Edit : Watched it again. Can't agree Moore goes to ground for some unknown reason Pickett was already commited to the bump.

But... He chose to bump and injured him i guess that's the final deciding factor.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was Melbourne I'd challenge and use a still just prior to this. I couldn't capture it however he was committed to bump prior to Moore inexplicably falling down. Be an interesting one if it is challenged!