Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congratulations to Lachie McNeil playing his 50th game

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It was his block that gave Ed enough space to thread that last quarter goal. Without it, he gets shut down.
    Spot on. Read the moment beautifully. They’re simple things to do, but if you do them consistently and well, it’s what elevates a good side to a great one.

He certainly spent time in the defensive part of the ground.

He’s doing his job.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy with McNeil he appears to bust a gut each week and do the team things.
    I still get nervous when he is shooting for goal 10 metres out directly in front though.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

4. Likes josie, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I'm happy with McNeil he appears to bust a gut each week and do the team things.
    I still get nervous when he is shooting for goal 10 metres out directly in front though.
    He?s just not a finisher. Maybe a trial in the backline is worth shot next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He?s just not a finisher. Maybe a trial in the backline is worth shot next year.
    This is what we need to fix. He has some good traits, VDM is improving too. But generally speaking their finishing is poor. It would be great to improve this from within (Clarke, Arty, Ryp) or draft/trade a finisher in. If JJ & Doc did retire we need a fast runner and a selfless hard at it team player. I think we’ve seen again, throwing the magnets around can be beneficial in bringing out the strengths in some players and eliminating the weaker aspects.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post