Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MEDIA: The rise of loud and opinionated AFL media is reflective of a wider malaise

Has anyone in the media mentioned our tactic of running a mid off half back at centre bounce?

I mean can they possibly dumb it down any more.

Luke Hodge is the worst. Droll monotone boof head espousing clich?s for a bone headed audience.

You know who is actually good and you wouldnt expect it.

Daisy Thomas. He knows what he's talking about.

2. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MEDIA: The rise of loud and opinionated AFL media is reflective of a wider malaise

Yeah I've been pleasantly surprised with Daisy.

Question is how long until the dumbing down of channel 7 is ingrained into him.

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Daisy is the best recent retiree by the length of Flemington. Explains things well. Jordan Lewis is actually horrid but you can tell he thinks he?s amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Unfortunately I listened to the RealFooty podcast with Caro, Gleeson and Niall.

Can you believe the narrative that Caro was pushing? That people are relunctant to take coaching jobs due to the scrutiny of people like King and Cornes. She especially went hard at King, under the coverage of what her sources were telling her. That they were in particular sour on how hard King this year has been going after Fagan and his lack of coaching nous. She was pushing this view completely blind to her playing a massive role in assasinating coaches. She said there was a view that this constant stream of coaching scrutiny has dimished the status of the coaching job in the community.

Can you believe that she just left out the part of her consitently saying bad things about Bevo and others over the journey (from memory epsecially Clarkson and Malthouse)?

I could not believe how blind she was to her own behaviour.
    It's not blind, and I read the same article. It's like Winston with the rat cage around his face in 1984, and pleading for them to do it to Julia. She's just positioning herself to not be caught up in the reckoning, which I think should be coming for all of them and hopefully soon.

She is a major culprit in all of it and needs to be put against the professional killing wall like all of the others of her ilk. She is absolute scum in her professional life. Not saying anything about her as a person, given I play two roles myself when it comes to being a person just getting around, and a person who does what he does for a buck. It's just what I do for a buck doesn't generate hysteria and contributes to people getting sacked and their families wanting to do desperate things.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the same Caro that as recently as yesterday suggested Schofield's tattoos might be a reason he doesn't get a head coaching job?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Daisy is the best recent retiree by the length of Flemington. Explains things well. Jordan Lewis is actually horrid but you can tell he thinks he?s amazing.
    Lewis actually told Dillon on AFL360 that Liam Jones should have been suspended for his tackle. I hate the guy, he is so anti Bulldogs.

I enjoy analysis like this:

https://x.com/JeffWhite34/status/1828284193782059331
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this the same Caro that as recently as yesterday suggested Schofield's tattoos might be a reason he doesn't get a head coaching job?
    Maybe....if you mean the one who says women shouldn't expect their husbands/ partners to put family in front of footy during a pandemic whilst pregnant.

It's really hard to tell.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

11. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Lewis actually told Dillon on AFL360 that Liam Jones should have been suspended for his tackle. I hate the guy, he is so anti Bulldogs.

I kind of agree with Lewis on this bad. I was very surprised considering similar examples that he didn't get a week. I don't think he should either but it's really hard to work out sometimes.

I think it was related to force / impact which is really a discretionary lever for the MRO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I kind of agree with Lewis on this bad. I was very surprised considering similar examples that he didn't get a week. I don't think he should either but it's really hard to work out sometimes.

I think it was related to force / impact which is really a discretionary lever for the MRO
    Stop being so salty mate because Kossi Pickett three match suspension has been upheld.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes jeemak, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From the same panel of deep thinkers who once wondered out loud with straight faces whether our coach was fit to lead young men because he rocked up to a pre-season with facial hair.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Likes bornadog, azabob, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For someone who was so incensed at the (admittedly disgraceful) behaviour on the old footy show with regards her own appearance, she has had zero conscience about firing shots at Bevo (re- moustache) and now Schofield (re- stickers).

If you aren't happy with criticism coming your way, maybe (just maybe) be a little more respectful of the decisions made by others.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

18. Likes hujsh, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    For someone who was so incensed at the (admittedly disgraceful) behaviour on the old footy show with regards her own appearance, she has had zero conscience about firing shots at Bevo (re- moustache) and now Schofield (re- stickers).

If you aren't happy with criticism coming your way, maybe (just maybe) be a little more respectful of the decisions made by others.
    I don't know if she's just blinded by her own self-importance or she knowingly contradicts herself to generate vitriol and the views and engagement that come with. In fact, you could say that for any loud footy media mouthpiece connected to Crocmedia these days. Cornes is the king of it. Has completely shit canned Bevo for years for underperformance, yet defended Hinkley throughout.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Yeah - that's cool and all but not all players can get away with this.

Bont actually leaves the front door of the stop open on the first one and relies on Callahan following him around like a lost-puppy to totally ignore the dangerous space on the Giants side of the contest.

#1 - Don't tag at the stop. You end up getting led around by the oppo and fighting 3v4.

Not knocking White's analysis - he does some good stuff - but if you compare the first clip where Bont leaves the front door open to the second where Libba seals the forward exit (he's on Peatling I think), well...that kind of summarises life when you're 'BONT' - you don't need to worry about the oppo - you have not a care in the world!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

21. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Yeah - that's cool and all but not all players can get away with this.

Bont actually leaves the front door of the stop open on the first one and relies on Callahan following him around like a lost-puppy to totally ignore the dangerous space on the Giants side of the contest.

#1 - Don't tag at the stop. You end up getting led around by the oppo and fighting 3v4.

Not knocking White's analysis - he does some good stuff - but if you compare the first clip where Bont leaves the front door open to the second where Libba seals the forward exit (he's on Peatling I think), well...that kind of summarises life when you're 'BONT' - you don't need to worry about the oppo - you have not a care in the world!
    Jeff White proves that analysis is soooo bad in mainstream media that people take his work as the gold standard.

He really just looks at the result of a particular play and reverse engineers it to make it look like he knows what the tactics are. I need to see more than that, I want to see the method over a bigger sample size.

I mean he was kicked in the head pretty hard by Stephen King.

And yes I'm still annoyed with him over that late Wayde Skipper bullshit call.