Thanks Thanks:  184
Likes Likes:  1,422
Page 130 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3080120121122123124125126127128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 1972

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think it’s in the age but I can’t read it . Does that mean they paid him out for next year as he triggered another year contract according to the media ?
    Stringer must have burnt a few bridge or failed a few KPIs for this to happen.

Regardless if he has had a trigger clause extension.

I dont get it. Next year he his an opportunity for him to play his guts out for an extension. Thats where his value to trade maybe ???

Maybe Scott sees list needs to be cleaned out , esprcially with senior players not up to it??? Essendon may not get any better with Stringer in the list.
    Gee they need a Dunkley on their list.

I wonder if North may pick Stringer up.
    Last edited by macca; 01-09-2024 at 01:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Stringer must have burnt have failed a few KPIs for this to happen.

Regardless if he has had a trigger clause extension.

I dont get it. Next year he his an opportunity for him to play his guts out for an extension. Thats where his value to trade maybe ???

Maybe Scott sees list needs to be cleaned out , esprcially with senior players not up to it??? Essendon may not get any better with Stringer in the list.
    Gee they need a Dunkley on their list.

I wonder if North may pick Stringer up.
    North need good culture and hard working more than ever before, surely no club is going to take him on for two years.
    He is 30 never shown any consistent football in fact I lie he is the most consistently inconsistent footballer ever and if even when he does show up it’s a qtr at most.
    Couldn’t see him possibly chase anyone down.
    When did he last take a contested mark ?
    His game revolves around kick it over the top to me when playing forward and when playing mid he just runs past the pack and once or twice it will fall to him.
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For all his faults, Jake kicked 42 goals this year in a team that isn't exactly flush for scoring options.
    I'll admit I'm very surprised he hasn't been offered a 1 year deal.

Laverde played 21 games this year. Not yet 29, footy's a harsh business sometimes.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Dons skipper has his say after Stringer, Laverde denied contract extensions
    Zac Merrett seems like an awesome player and a good bloke.

Not sure he should be in charge of constructing a playing list though...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Zac Merrett seems like an awesome player and a good bloke.

Not sure he should be in charge of constructing a playing list though...
    He was a dog supporter growing up- I was hoping he would come "home" years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I know a team lacking a mid sized forward with finishing ability...
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I know a team lacking a mid sized forward with finishing ability...
    There is a saying that you don't shit in your own nest.

Is there a saying that you don't take a bloke that (allegedly) shits in their own's lockers?

9. Likes bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd talk extensions for beyond 2025 with Stringer after he puts in his preseason effort. He's not demonstrated reliability over the journey.

In fact, tell him if he comes back to pre-Christmas training in the best nick of his life I'd extend him for one year then.

If someone else wanted to give him a contract for 25-27 then I'd let them.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'd talk extensions for beyond 2025 with Stringer after he puts in his preseason effort. He's not demonstrated reliability over the journey.

In fact, tell him if he comes back to pre-Christmas training in the best nick of his life I'd extend him for one year then.

That's the thing though, he seemed to have come back in good shape at the start of the season, but then just let himself go during the season, i mean 1 year contracts are good enough for someone like Libba, think Essendon have every right to continue to give him 1 year deals until his time is up, make him really earn it and show the professionalism and dedication required, he has many years after footy to continue using his Macca's drive-thru members Gold Card for as long as he wants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    That's the thing though, he seemed to have come back in good shape at the start of the season, but then just let himself go during the season, i mean 1 year contracts are good enough for someone like Libba, think Essendon have every right to continue to give him 1 year deals until his time is up, make him really earn it and show the professionalism and dedication required, he has many years after footy to continue using his Macca's drive-thru members Gold Card for as long as he wants.
    He has a history of being over weight and not being proffessional, I think he turned up one year super fit but that fell away as soon as he got injured.
    Could he have the body that just seems to get injured trying to get fit ?
    Only time he puts in is his last year of a contract. Amazing how he thinks he is worth more than a 1 year deal at the age of 30 and his record.
    Shows his mindset isn’t right, instead of backing himself like most over 30s to perform and get another contract he tries to get a longer contract believing the media’s obsession with him.
    His manager isn’t sending the right message , I can’t believe another club would look at him and it looks like the manager is doing him out of employment going by Scott’s decisions.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Get him to Melbourne. Their strong culture will sort him out.

14. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes josie, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

There will no doubt be a couple of club prepared to have a talk to Stringer. The paper is indicating that Sydney for one might be interested. He's still go a bit to offer if a club could motivate him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There will no doubt be a couple of club prepared to have a talk to Stringer. The paper is indicating that Sydney for one might be interested. He's still go a bit to offer if a club could motivate him.
    He does strike me as the player that might need to go to a new home to get the best out of himself. Some players just seem to get too complacent and the challenge of proving himself all over again might see him get himself in his best shape for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

I?m pretty disappointed with what?s happening at Essendon in the post season. Dodoro leaving, Stringer getting pushed out, Kelly forced into retirement. They?re actually making good decisions and I hate it.

18. Likes ledge, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I?m pretty disappointed with what?s happening at Essendon in the post season. Dodoro leaving, Stringer getting pushed out, Kelly forced into retirement. They?re actually making good decisions and I hate it.
    Calm down, its early in the piece.

There is still plenty of time to find a 6 year deal for Zak Jones.