Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  23
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mr September? How Ugle-Hagan can be like Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    . It confirms what we saw last night, can't kick straight - a key forward. OK for a 3rd. 4th string but for a 1st pick, Franklin clone ? If you set low expectations, that's the best you'll get.
    I actually don't know what you are arguing. You said he needs to play VFL to see if he can make it at AFL. I am saying he already has made it. 43 goals is ranked 11th on the table of 800 players in the AFL
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Mate there's no club in the land who doesn't take a bottom aged fourth year player who can do what Marra can do.

You mean has done, in 4 years. Ugle-Hagan has had the odd game, 7 in 4 years, like your Sydney game, where he performs. Is the Selection Committee expected to predict ? I hesitate to use the pejorative 'dud' but it's getting close. I rely upon my responses to other posters this evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I actually don't know what you are arguing. You said he needs to play VFL to see if he can make it at AFL. I am saying he already has made it. 43 goals is ranked 11th on the table of 800 players in the AFL
    Fair point, BAD. If that's with which One (doing my best King Charles impersonation) is satisfied, 43 goals as the nominated key, deep forward where Darcy and Naughton, in particular, are pushed further away from goals, then it's no wonder we marvel at reaching 6th and not surprised that we can't score enough get beyond the first round of the finals. Take Bev's hint, he's very much no 3, not no 1 and we lost.

Post Thanks / Like

You mean has done, in 4 years. Ugle-Hagan has had the odd game, 7 in 4 years, like your Sydney game, where he performs. Is the Selection Committee expected to predict ? I hesitate to use the pejorative 'dud' but it's getting close. I rely upon my responses to other posters this evening.
    He's only 22 mate. ****s sake, enjoy the ride and support him.

I get being critical of things like his set shot kicking from within 40m, and some of his body language, but if it's consistency or even dominance you want from a relative baby in the game you're missing the point and are no better than the lizards in the media. Talls take time, and just because one or two don't (and just because one of them was black) it doesn't mean JUH won't.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He's not going to peak for another 2-3 seasons, he'll be fine....
    ...then let's not waste any more spots in the firsts, Ugle-Hagan should work towards his peak in the VFL.

Post Thanks / Like

...then let's not waste any more spots in the firsts, Ugle-Hagan should work towards his peak in the VFL.
    I think your point is made.

Not sure how you come to that opinion but respect it. Flogging a dead horse now though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Not sure how you come to that opinion but respect it. Flogging a dead horse now though.
    Respect it?

Post Thanks / Like

He's only 22 mate. ****s sake, enjoy the ride and support him.

I get being critical of things like his set shot kicking from within 40m, and some of his body language, but if it's consistency or even dominance you want from a relative baby in the game you're missing the point and are no better than the lizards in the media. Talls take time, and just because one or two don't (and [ust because one of them was black) it doesn't mean JUH won't.
    In the light of the highlighted bit and the un high lighted 'lizard' appellation, I'll leave it at not enjoying your ride. Let's leave that sort of stuff out of this..

Post Thanks / Like

Respect it?
    The right to have it i mean! :^]

Marra made the 22 under 22 and has kicked 43 goals so not sure he's doing too badly.

But he was really poor last night so criticism is going to come. What a surprise Dermott stuck the boots in.

Post Thanks / Like

In the light of the highlighted bit and the un high lighted 'lizard' appellation, I'll leave it at not enjoying your ride. Let's leave that sort of stuff out of this..
    Yeah that's fair. I didn't mean to say you are a media lizard, rather, that you're reacting like one.

From an earlier post I also thought you were making the lazy and racist comparison to Franklin that the media lizards make with JUH. If you weren't then I apologise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Not quite an opinion, I'd have had him JUH in the VFL longer and earlier in his career with us. Agree with our flogging a dead horse, how did you find out about Grandpa Andrew ?

Post Thanks / Like

He had a bad game mate, he wasn't an island.

Just got to make sure we learn from it.
    The curse is dead.

13. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not quite an opinion, I'd have had him JUH in the VFL longer and earlier in his career with us. Agree with our flogging a dead horse, how did you find out about Grandpa Andrew ?
    His first year he played 5 AFL games kicked 7 goals and the rest in the VFL to learn his craft. The following three season he has kicked just under 100 goals. He competes for goals with Naughton 130 in the last three years and now Darcy with 38 this year.

The other FFs, like Hogan, don't have a tall competitor in the same team and get more opportunities to kick goals.

Had a shocker last night but his record to date is pretty good
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha. Everyone knows that guy.

This is some next level trolling you've got about five of us on the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's fair. I didn't mean to say you are a media lizard, rather, that you're reacting like one.

From an earlier post I also thought you were making the lazy and racist comparison to Franklin that the media lizards make with JUH. If you weren't then I apologise.
    Absolutely no need for an apology, I appreciate your sensitivity to the issue. We are in an environment that when the issue of racism towards our indigenous is raised, better not to comment. Ugle-Hagan is a player for our club, no better, no worse than any of the others for his ethnicities. This shouldn't be an issue in our discussions. No worries, nothing personal. In the words of Police Chief Superintendant Bright ("Endeavour") "Carry on".