Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  178
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs V Hawthorn - 2nd Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6 Sep 2024 7:40PM AEST

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    I think oppositions can spread all they want if we win the ball. We banked on that, it was our suppose to be our strength. We never look slow when we have the ball.
    The trouble was that we didn't win the ball. Ah, the good old days to the McCartney mantra that players had to be able to win their own ball, the hallmark of the 2016 team. The late season practice of guarding the corridor and not getting dragged outside worked against us last night, Hawthorn worked so much harder.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs V Hawthorn - 2nd Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6 Sep 2024 7:40PM AEST

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yep, against quick midfielders like last night and Port we can?t go with them when they spread, especially when they are being spoon fed by their ruckman.

I?m all in on thanking Libba, Jack and Caleb for their amazing service and getting some fresh bodies in to the midfield mix.
    I am missing something here. So please help me out.

Last night Daniel was equal sixth for disposals in the whole game, both teams. Libba and Treloar slightly better. He didn?t waste many.

Should we replace him with another speedster like Richards? He wasn?t as useful. Or Gallagher?

Or should we go for another McNeil? Love watching him miss goals from 30 metres dead in front. Totally lets the team and supporters down. Admittedly he had 4 tackles but so did Macrae when he came on for a quarter. And Macrae also had as many possessions as Weightman and Harmes who played the whole game.

A big part of the reason we defeated GWS was because of the contributions from Daniel and Macrae. I was there, they understand football and can get the ball to teammates in a way that most others can?t.

Last night We got destroyed in the midfield because of the ?E? factor, as expected. Happened when the teams met earlier in the season. That was compounded by the terribly inaccurate foot and hand disposals that spoon fed Hawthorn players instead of our forwards. That was why the ball didn?t get from one arc to the other. Macrae should have played the whole game in that linkup role.

On Thursday Port?s quick midfielders Proved that although speed is relevant it does not make up for an inferior game plan which is what we used. I want to see a tactician brought into the mix. That?s my number one priority.

3. Likes chef, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a question about the crowd . We got 97k it was our home final so how does the remuneration work ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yep, against quick midfielders like last night and Port we can?t go with them when they spread, especially when they are being spoon fed by their ruckman.

I?m all in on thanking Libba, Jack and Caleb for their amazing service and getting some fresh bodies in to the midfield mix.
    HTA - Hawks 10, Dogs 8
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, having slept on it, for all the “why did we lose” my biggest gripe is that I was’t ready for our season to be over. I liked how we were plying in that run of form against Sydney, Geelong and Carlton. I just wanted more of that. That’s overwhelmingly the source of my keen disappointment. It’s that a good game was so tantalisingly close and we blew it, again. We just don’t seem to be able to maintain form. I hate it. So dispiriting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I have a question about the crowd . We got 97k it was our home final so how does the remuneration work ?
    We don't get a zac.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    You know, having slept on it, for all the “why did we lose” my biggest gripe is that I was’t ready for our season to be over. I liked how we were plying in that run of form against Sydney, Geelong and Carlton. I just wanted more of that. That’s overwhelmingly the source of my keen disappointment. It’s that a good game was so tantalisingly close and we blew it, again. We just don’t seem to be able to maintain form. I hate it. So dispiriting.
    We need to finish top 4 so we get the double chance. It is the only way.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes merantau, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few extra sheets in the bonuses for Dills and Kane-o

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I was confident that if we showed up we'd beat them. We showed up early and got ahead, and then went dead. Stone, cold, dead.

While the season taught me there'd be lapses even when we were going well, I wasn't prepared for starting well and then going dead......until I remembered the last time we played them once it was happening again.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

12. Likes Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That is unlikely if we have to play Hawthorn twice and travel to Adelaide a few times.

Post Thanks / Like

Also the other question I want to know is how did so many of our memebers miss out on tickets yet Hawthorn members out numbered us. Should we have not got more tickets being our home game or at least equal? I am not including AFL and MCG members.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Also the other question I want to know is how did so many of our memebers miss out on tickets yet Hawthorn members out numbered us. Should we have not got more tickets being our home game or at least equal? I am not including AFL and MCG members.
    The barcode issue a lot of our members had did not affect Hawthorn members. It would seem it was our club who made the error but I'm not sure on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Just totally outclassed and outplayed by a team who has owned us the past few games, and it was as though we did nothing to change things, was there a hard tag on Newcomb when he has a history of cutting us up? Did we play our tall forwards to try and stretch their defence and make Sicilly play accountable? Why did Bont only play 70 odd% in the 2nd and 3rd, and play a lot of that up forward? Why didn't Weightman play more mid time when he wasn't getting a kick? Did Naughton play time in the ruck to gain an advantage where's our AA ruckman couldn't against a journeyman?

Would have liked to see Darcy play more ruck time and English deep forward, try and get an advantage when things weren't working out, still have no idea why West didn't play, again dangerous small forward but can also pitch hit in the centre, yeah love the preasure VDM and McNeil provide but the skills just let them down, let's the team down, Jamarra was barely sighted but he could still work hard and play team footy, it wasn't his night so he has to work harder to help his team mates out, Duryea, love ya Doc but geez, shithouse night for an experienced player, some of those kicks were dreadful, absolute coach killers.

Going to be an interesting trade period for us, over the past few months we have played extremely well, we have to hang our hat on that but also tinker with the list and see what was missing on Friday night, speed and skills, but also mentally tough players who will dig in, there have to be a few stage leagers like a Newcomb who are hard and tough and would want to break through walls, because unfortunately we don't have enough of those types

17. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never happened under Bevo… hard to think it’s going to start happening.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

HTA - Hawks 10, Dogs 8
    It should be reading the other way in fact, English should be dominating a journeyman ruckman, i understand Meek has been in good form but a 27 year old ruckman should be in his prime right now, his experience especially with the midfield group, his large 5 year contract, he has to do better especially in the big games and doing it consistently, i understand what he does around the ground is good but we have Naughton, Lobb, Darcy who could run around and do the same job.