Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  78
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The League Injuries Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Sam Docherty is a confirmed starter for the Blues against Brisbane. In a quirky twist, at game's end this will mean the last three games he has played will be against Brisbane.

I wonder how all this sits with whatever party was not the one to decide to put Baz on ice for the year.

CARLTON favourite Sam Docherty will make a remarkable return for Saturday night's elimination final against Brisbane, just 183 days after rupturing his ACL earlier this year.

The Blues confirmed Docherty's recall on Tuesday following an impressive comeback from the third ACL injury of his career, one of a series of strong inclusions expected for coach Michael Voss' side this weekend.

Docherty hurt his knee during the team's dramatic Opening Round victory against the Lions, with Carlton initially expecting its spiritual leader to be sidelined for the remainder of the season.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1211257/...after-acl-blow
    His last three games all against Brisbane. Prelim last year, round 1 this year and now Elimination final

Quick turnaround for ACL - quicker than Smith
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    His last three games all against Brisbane. Prelim last year, round 1 this year and now Elimination final

Quick turnaround for ACL - quicker than Smith
    On the surface it does seem a little rushed and a hell of a risk for a player in his twilight.

I sure as hell hope we get a huge return for Smith- I will spew up if we end up having to take Geelong's late first. Would much rather risk playing him in the finals if that is all we are in line for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    On the surface it does seem a little rushed and a hell of a risk for a player in his twilight.

I sure as hell hope we get a huge return for Smith- I will spew up if we end up having to take Geelong's late first. Would much rather risk playing him in the finals if that is all we are in line for.
    See I think it's the exact opposite - less of a risk for a 30 year old near the end than a 23 year old. If Baz had re-signed then I could understand if we took the risk. Given he's 99.99% out the door I think we have made the right decision. Whatever we get it would be significantly less if he suffered another serious injury. We also have to recognise the chances of 2021 finals series Smith suddenly reappearing were slim to none.

Post Thanks / Like

Frost out for the season.

Hawks might be in trouble.

If only they could get Barrass and Battle now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Frost out for the season.

Hawks might be in trouble.

If only they could get Barrass and Battle now.
    **** them, hope Port thrash them
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.