Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Monday Soapbox - Finals Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Buddy is incomparable.
    Buddy's ability to push up the ground and 'slash/slide/burst through a contest ball in hand' looks more like Chad Warner or Jason Horne-Francis than Jamarra.

Jamarra marks it - or he doesn't get it. Until he is able to change this, he will continue to be a very limited and inconsistent footballer...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Buddy's ability to push up the ground and 'slash/slide/burst through a contest ball in hand' looks more like Chad Warner or Jason Horne-Francis than Jamarra.

Jamarra marks it - or he doesn't get it. Until he is able to change this, he will continue to be a very limited and inconsistent footballer...
    Even when he gets it he’s 50/50 at best to kick accurately. He seemed such a great accurate kick at TAC level but seemingly can’t improve it even with a forward coach and a goal kicking coach. Any ideas how he fixes this?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Even when he gets it he’s 50/50 at best to kick accurately. He seemed such a great accurate kick at TAC level but seemingly can’t improve it even with a forward coach and a goal kicking coach. Any ideas how he fixes this?
    Left hand, left foot...left POST.

Consistent run up - 7 paces back from the mark, 11x paces back from there. Walk in for 3, run in for 5 to create momentum and kick the ball.

Practice.

I say to my guys I know you are going well when you take a mark inside 40m, quickly scan the field then start going through your process. Hit's or misses I don't actually mind - but you need to miss to the RIGHT side (left side for left footers, right side to right footers unless you are a freak with a natural inside out). Anything > 45-degrees is a snap with your INSIDE LEG, anything in the V is a drop punt. No snaps from outside 35m as it's too far.

Should I keep going?? Oh - and if you do something unique (aka Jesse Hogan, Josh Kennedy) but the ball keeps going through, cool - you do you.

It ain't rocket science.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

4. Thanks bulldogtragic, josie thanked for this post
    Likes macca, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Consistent run up - 7 paces back from the mark, 11x paces back from there. Walk in for 3, run in for 5 to create momentum and kick the ball.

Practice.
    Not a doubt in my mind the veracity of this. Is it the last step that's missing? Do we practice enough?

left side for left footers
    Bontempelli has entered the chat.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Bontempelli has entered the chat.
    At least now when Bont aims middle, he either hits the left goal post or misses by a metre or so.

If he aims left, he'll be doing more of what happened on Friday night and be hitting patrons in the FP.

7. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Practice.

I say to my guys I know you are going well when you take a mark inside 40m, quickly scan the field then start going through your process. Hit's or misses I don't actually mind - but you need to miss to the RIGHT side (left side for left footers, right side to right footers unless you are a freak with a natural inside out). Anything > 45-degrees is a snap with your INSIDE LEG, anything in the V is a drop punt. No snaps from outside 35m as it's too far.

Should I keep going?? Oh - and if you do something unique (aka Jesse Hogan, Josh Kennedy) but the ball keeps going through, cool - you do you.

It ain't rocket science.
    MJP , where can we sign you up for kicking coach ?

At least get you down for a clinic with the fwds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    MJP , where can we sign you up for kicking coach ?

At least get you down for a clinic with the fwds.
    MJP has his own team to worry about
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.