Thanks Thanks:  333
Likes Likes:  2,003
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Remind me not to upset you! A few hours ago you said give him a shitload more money!
    This made me laugh. There is nothing as ex as an ex-player, I’m with you BAD.

If only we could pick and choose when to support our club, as casually as players change their allegiances. It’s their prerogative, we don’t have to like it though.

And let’s face it the names of Bullgods Libba, Daniel and Macrae are being bandied around as disposable. I hate so much of this time of year even while wanting and accepting our club needs to take further steps forward and that will not be pleasant at all.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Could we get a player with their 1st round pick someone we could use that isn't getting a game because there is a senior player taking their role.
    I don't know anything about the Geelong VFL side but could we get into someone's ear to request a trade.
    I don't know why we don't target someone we want from the Cats and offer them overs. Someone like Myers who we need and we offer something he can't refuse. Cats wouldn't be able to move with their salary cap. We need to be ruthless like the Cats are. Fight fire with fire.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    That's the issue though, will Geelong budge on 2 first rounders? We kind of have our hands tied somewhat here and dealing with Mackie......2 first rounders would be great, but if we are big on a certain player then it might work out for the club.
    If it’s a Geelong player of value it could work. I think that’s what Ralph was saying about satisfying our demands with a player. Honestly, a F1/F2 swap isn’t a huge deal next year I wouldn’t think when it comes to the final hours of the trade period. I’d stick fat with that demand unless they are offering a good player, which is very unlike them to do.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    You do have to question two superstar mids leaving don't you.

If Bevo is so close to the players how does this happen?
    This is part of the reason we cannot attract players. It is not a good look when we have high profile players leaving. Why would anyone want to come in?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I don't know why we don't target someone we want from the Cats and offer them overs. Someone like Myers who we need and we offer something he can't refuse. Cats wouldn't be able to move with their salary cap. We need to be ruthless like the Cats are. Fight fire with fire.
    Rumour was we threw the kitchen sink at Holmes earlier this year (apparently a million he turned us down on), I’m assuming knowing Geelong would get Bailey to request a trade to them. Getting a really good one out is going to be hard. I’m not against topping their first up with a player, I’m just skeptical our version of a good player to add is the same as theirs. But it’s worth considering.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    This is part of the reason we cannot attract players. It is not a good look when we have high profile players leaving. Why would anyone want to come in?
    This is unfortunately accurate. It does more for attracting/desuading players than new facilities. I mean we couldn’t get anyone from Brisbane to want to leave and I believe there were at least three names we would’ve accepted coming to us. It’s just not a great look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have turned on him
    I doubt I've every seen a bigger turnaround because less than 24 hours ago you suggested we should give him a mega deal to now this

In summary I think Tay Tay says it best to sum up your's and Baileys relationship.

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
    We called it off again last night, but
    Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
    This time, I'm telling you, I'm telling you

We are never, ever, ever getting back together
    You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me
    But we are never, ever, ever, ever getting back together
    Like, ever

Love your passion BAD and your willingness to pivot.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes Grantysghost, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have turned on him
    BORDERLINE FLYING

10. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I doubt I've every seen a bigger turnaround because less than 24 hours ago you suggested we should give him a mega deal to now this

In summary I think Tay Tay says it best to sum up your's and Baileys relationship.

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
    Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Like, ever

I never took you for a Tay Tay fan G!

Post Thanks / Like

It's all about Blue Grass music in the tent.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's in his folklore era.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
    Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Like, ever

This has to be in contention for the greatest ever post on WOOF.

Post Thanks / Like

I will accept at least two of Geelong 2024 first, Geelong 2025 first, Peatling, NOD, or at least one of Zak Butters.

I like the idea of using the Geelong picks to move up the order for a club looking for points...but I'm not sure there are many doing that this year? GC (6,13,20,26) are already in a few trades of picks e.g. Rioli and Freo (9,10,17,27) will use them.

How can we make the cats picks work for us?

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
    Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Like, ever

OK. Given that I adopted Taylor a little more than 15-years ago as a way of connecting with my (now 26 year old) daughter (we flew to Melbourne together to see her earlier this year - a trip that rivalled the trip we also took together to see the premiership in 2016 for meaning) I think you have the right ARTIST but the wrong song for a break-up lyric G.

The perfect T-Swizzle song for this is not "We are never (ever) getting back together" - although it is certainly an epic breakup song. The right song for this moment in time is - Better Man.

This is a bit more obscure I guess as it is a "From The Vault" selection from the "Taylor's Version" re-release of "Red". But true fans know - we would STILL be in love if only you - Bailey - could have been a BETTER MAN.

Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I can feel you again
    (We might still be in love, if you were a better man)
    But I just miss you, and I just wish you were a better man
    I know why we had to say goodbye
    Like the back of my hand
    But I just miss you and I just wish you were a better man
    A better man
    We might still be in love, if you were a better man
    You would've been the one
    If you were a better man
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    OK. Given that I adopted Taylor a little more than 15-years ago as a way of connecting with my (now 26 year old) daughter (we flew to Melbourne together to see her earlier this year - a trip that rivalled the trip we also took together to see the premiership in 2016 for meaning) I think you have the right ARTIST but the wrong song for a break-up lyric G.
    I like quoting myself - but I am (as ever) waiting for TwoDogs to swoop in and suggest that you had the wrong artist AND the wrong song...and the more appropriate selection would have been "Don't want to know that you are lonely" by Husker Du .... there is a lot more 'Seeya, wouldn't want to be-ya' sentiment in that lyric...

I mean, "the phone is ringing and the clock says 3am....if it's your friends then I don't wanta talk to them...."
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.