Thanks Thanks:  333
Likes Likes:  2,003
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

So which stage of grief best categorises all this then..........?
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I doubt I've every seen a bigger turnaround because less than 24 hours ago you suggested we should give him a mega deal to now this

In summary I think Tay Tay says it best to sum up your's and Baileys relationship.

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
    We called it off again last night, but
    Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
    This time, I'm telling you, I'm telling you

We are never, ever, ever getting back together
    You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me
    But we are never, ever, ever, ever getting back together
    Like, ever

Love your passion BAD and your willingness to pivot.
    I will back anyone in the RWB until they are not in the RWB.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure a few of us would also be backflipping if somehow it was announced he had re-signed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    OK. Given that I adopted Taylor a little more than 15-years ago as a way of connecting with my (now 26 year old) daughter (we flew to Melbourne together to see her earlier this year - a trip that rivalled the trip we also took together to see the premiership in 2016 for meaning) I think you have the right ARTIST but the wrong song for a break-up lyric G.

The perfect T-Swizzle song for this is not "We are never (ever) getting back together" - although it is certainly an epic breakup song. The right song for this moment in time is - Better Man.

This is a bit more obscure I guess as it is a "From The Vault" selection from the "Taylor's Version" re-release of "Red". But true fans know - we would STILL be in love if only you - Bailey - could have been a BETTER MAN.

Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I can feel you again
    (We might still be in love, if you were a better man)
    But I just miss you, and I just wish you were a better man
    I know why we had to say goodbye
    Like the back of my hand
    But I just miss you and I just wish you were a better man
    A better man
    We might still be in love, if you were a better man
    You would've been the one
    If you were a better man
    When you said "better Man" I immediately went the Pearl Jam son of the same name........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    When you said "better Man" I immediately went the Pearl Jam son of the same name........
    I let him go with it, but thought the same. Good to see him break the shackles a bit.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Sadly, Pearly Jam suck.

Yep - happy to die on that island.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

7. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So there is no backlash the club should ask Members if they are happy to let Smith walk to the draft if they get screwed over by Geelong. We need to stop being bent over by larger clubs and the AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    So there is no backlash the club should ask Members if they are happy to let Smith walk to the draft if they get screwed over by Geelong. We need to stop being bent over by larger clubs and the AFL.
    I don't think it helps anything.

It may in fact just make us less attractive to players.

I'm more interested in why two young star mids have felt the need to leave. That's where we need to work hard and make a stand to find out why.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I don't think it helps anything.

It may in fact just make us less attractive to players.

I'm more interested in why two young star mids have felt the need to leave. That's where we need to work hard and make a stand to find out why.
    Agree we should try to understand why guys at this level are leaving. But rolling over for a horrible deal sets a precedent about dealing with us. Last go the board let the media know we were prepared to walk Dunkley to the PSD. The deal wasn’t great, but in the end was not pitchfork type. If Geelong come to the party with a similar deal, we will take our medicine. But if they try to strong arm us we need to make a stand. Even if it hits us now, it’s I think better in the long run. Power pissed Dunkley’s manager off by pushing for every last bit of the trade and forced him to lean on the Lions. If we genuinely make everyone believe we will walk him to the PSD then Smith’s manager will have to put pressure on Geelong to not screw him out of Bailey’s commission. I hope the club just doesn’t talk tough, but draws the line in the sand with exiting players and clubs trying to screw us. AND. Understands why these guys are leaving.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Sadly, Pearly Jam suck.

Yep - happy to die on that island.
    Hey matt Cameron!

Evolution is the best video.

They aren't on the nirvana, mudhoney, sound garden level of Seattle bands for mine but still part of my go to list.

Post Thanks / Like

Pearl Jams latest album is really good for a bunch of old dudes.
    The curse is dead.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I pretty gutted he's going after letting it sink in.

Another mid coming into his prime leaving, none of their good players would want to come here in a trade and we'll end accepting a shit deal in the end after talking tough all week.

Deja vu.
    The curse is dead.

16. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    We simply can't have members making decisions like that. Confident that we will make the best deal we can in the interest of the club and that might mean walking Smith to the PSD.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It really won't matter at the end of the day. If we trade him and get unders. media will say we got screwed. If we walk him to the pre season draft. Media will say we got nothing for him. I doubt media will be saying. Good on the dogs for taking a stand.
    I think best option is to get creative and involve multiple clubs to extract what we want. Player or Pick.

19. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We simply can't have members making decisions like that. Confident that we will make the best deal we can in the interest of the club and that might mean walking Smith to the PSD.
    You don't honestly believe that do you G?

I can't see any benefit from doing this. Would we rather keep a player that clearly doesn't want to be there so he can sulk around and destabilise the group?

It doesn't set a precedent of worth.

Let's get the best deal possible, and move on.

It sucks not gonna lie. The Dunkley deal sucked, the Lions gave up nothing really and gained a key component.

But - we need to work out a way to keep these guys happy enough to want to stay. That's the issue.

Maybe it was just two guys who were always going to look around for Broadway lights who knows.