Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  89
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jack Macrae

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Macrae

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I wondered from the start why we chased this bloke. He couldn't get a game at Melbourne last year because they knew he was passed it. Same with Baker he wasn't up to it.
    Annoying part is they used him as a midfield stopper.

Hawks mids were pantsing us and our masterful plan was to take the best player in the game out of the kitchen.

Why not send Harmes to stop Bont's stopper instead or at least someone like Newcombe considering he'd successfully done it against Libba in the past.

The more I analyse that game the more I realise Mitchell gave Bevo a decent hiding.

2. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Annoying part is they used him as a midfield stopper.

Hawks mids were pantsing us and our masterful plan was to take the best player in the game out of the kitchen.

Why not send Harmes to stop Bont's stopper instead or at least someone like Newcombe considering he'd successfully done it against Libba in the past.

The more I analyse that game the more I realise Mitchell gave Bevo a decent hiding.
    One of our ace cards is the amount of inside 50s we get each week and therefore the number of goals we kick. Hawks restricted our inside 50s to just 39 because they locked the ball in their half with their pressure forwards.

I was one that thought Harmes should have played, but as you say, maybe we didn't use him how we should have. 8 Disposals for him was a shocker and like at the start of the year, I am not sure why we picked him up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes GVGjr, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Does Barnett Read Woofer?
    I mentioned that the other day .

Damien what is the pseudonym you are using ?
    Is this the same Damian Barrett that wrote this verbatim about James Harmes just 6 days ago:

IF ...
    James Harmes hasn't been seen in an AFL game since round 12 ...

THEN ...
    I love the selection for Friday's elimination final against the Hawks. Big body, big experience, big attitude.

Why are we listening to anything this pear-shaped loser says?

If Macrae has actually cut up rough about Harmes being selected ahead of him in the starting line-up, that is a red flag for mine (I very much doubt it as Barrett mostly just makes shit up and tries to add gravitas to his personal agendas/opinions). Clearly we went with more defensive-minded players able to cover the ground against the Hawks, and Harmes shot the lights out in the VFL the week before. Also Harmes and Macrae are apples and oranges as players, and the role Harmes was picked for, Macrae doesn't/cannot really do. Obviously the Harmes selection failed and he was poor on the night (he had plenty of mates) but that is a Harry Hindsight call.

We deserve criticism after our shithouse performance in the EF but the same media heads are baying for blood again and trying to reignite the narrative around Bevo and player discontent, which is horseshit - the scribes in question just hate him.
    Last edited by Sedat; 12-09-2024 at 02:33 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

COULD DEES JOIN MACRAE RACE?

St Kilda and Geelong are two clubs touted as landing spots for wantaway Bulldog Jack Macrae. But what about Melbourne?

Herald Sun reporter Jay Clark raised the Demons as a potential destination for the 30-year old midfielder after he requested a trade from Whitten Oval despite being contracted for three more seasons.

Macrae hasn?t nominated a club of choice, but after seeing his midfield role decline and be used as the sub at stages throughout 2024 including in last week?s elimination final loss to Hawthorn, the three-time All-Australian is keen for a fresh start elsewhere.

He was also demoted as the Dogs? vice-captain this year and booted from the leadership group entirely.

?Why not Melbourne? They?ve got the Angus Brayshaw role and money and they?re in the window,? Clark said on Fox Footy?s Midweek Tackle.

?He?s an established prime mover. He could play Round 1 for Melbourne and have 35 possessions, could he not??
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

17 other clubs ?could? join the race.

FMD they just bullshit to create bullshit content for others.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

As a big Chicago Cubs fan, the Cubs let go 2016 World Championship heroes when they needed to refresh the list and the older contracts became too onerous.

Anthony Rizzo who is now at the Yankees returned to Wrigley Field this week after several years (Yankees don't play Cubs that often) and this shows how the Cubs fans reacted. I'd like to think we could be like this with a player like Jack, much loved and left under good terms.

Dunkey and Bazlenka, not so much.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

9. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, ReLoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

COULD DEES JOIN MACRAE RACE?

St Kilda and Geelong are two clubs touted as landing spots for wantaway Bulldog Jack Macrae. But what about Melbourne?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

If he absolutely has to leave I hope it’s to St Kilda so there’s very little chance it actually hurts us.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I'll always hope Jack does well. He's clearly leaving for more opportunities and gave everything when he wore our jumper.

Nothing but respect for him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

13. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes mighty_west, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    How bloody sad, such a great clubman, Premiership player etc etc, understand the game style has probably gone past him and all of that, but to see him run out for his 250th for another club will be mind numbing.

I wonder if he made his mind up pre exit meeting or the MC told him his games would be limited next season and perhaps explore his options and if so, is someone like Harmes a better option on the list than Jacko?
    More like 'look we need the cash mate'.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

One of our ace cards is the amount of inside 50s we get each week and therefore the number of goals we kick. Hawks restricted our inside 50s to just 39 because they locked the ball in their half with their pressure forwards.

I was one that thought Harmes should have played, but as you say, maybe we didn't use him how we should have. 8 Disposals for him was a shocker and like at the start of the year, I am not sure why we picked him up.
    Harmes is a Tatts ticket. Sometimes you hit a jackpot game but you lose more often than not. Do we want to play these types of players or are we forced to and he is the best of an ordinary lot?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If he absolutely has to leave I hope it’s to St Kilda so there’s very little chance it actually hurts us.
    I think Jack and Ross Lyon will work best.

Post Thanks / Like

I notice there is still no mention of Jack requesting a trade on the official club website, you have to ask why.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I notice there is still no mention of Jack requesting a trade on the official club website, you have to ask why.
    The club holds all the cards. He is under contract. They may come out and say he aint for trade. Or we will explore possible trades but unless someone pays over, he stays. Who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    The club holds all the cards. He is under contract. They may come out and say he aint for trade. Or we will explore possible trades but unless someone pays over, he stays. Who knows.
    In terms of salary cap space we would want to trade him if he is not getting enough games.

20. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post