Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  112
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Week Two Finals Series

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The reality is Beveridge would have reacted exactly the same way as Sam Mitchell.

But the ex Hawk brigade of Lewis and Hodge clearly are bias in their analysis of the situation.

But damn, what was Ken Hinkley thinking? How dumb do you have to be to get sucked into a verbal stoush with multiple opposition players in full view of everyone. Sometimes you just need to know when to shut up and clearly Camperdown who loves maximum cola taste without the sugar Hinkley is incapable of that.
    Dunno, Beveridge would have probably told the media he's going after Hinkley's family and that he won't stop until they're all suffering from some sort of Beveridge related malaise.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

2. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is more than one post.

Their players have been allowed to move into complete disrespect/ bad sportsmanship territory. They rub things in your face, they continually dive on your head and give you cheapies when you are on the ground, and they are back to the unsociable, arrogant Hawthorn way.

Maybe if that is your team you may eat it up. Every time one of their players rubbed in a goal with an over the top celebration their crowd laughed along with the 8 replays. They are eating up the NBA-esque over the top "in your face" culture.

As some point they were going to see some push back. They want to be like that? Well, cop it when it comes back the other way.

4. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Hinkley is a clown.

I’d hate if my coach carried on like that, and if he let a social media post from a 21 yr old get him all upset.

Sure the Hawks have been into themselves, but that’s the players playing. Doing their thing. It’s different. Good on them.

Hinkley is meant to be a grown up, professional, leader… he’s not. He’s pathetic.
    Would you prefer a senior coach threatening to bash up a journo in the toilets on Brownlow night?

Footy is irrational and even coaches are prone to wearing their heart on their sleeve - I don't mind what Bevo did to Barrett and I didn't mind what Hinkley said to Ginny last night. Hinkley and his team have been mocked mercilessly by the entire footy industry, and then an opposition player completely disregards your team by assuming the next game will be a stroll in the park - of course emotions have the potential to spill over. To be honest, what Hinkley said is pretty tame but it was the timing that escalated the situation - he was in the wrong but once it is said you cannot unscramble that egg. Likewise I have no issue at all with Sicily standing up for his teammate. Have no idea what Mitchell was crapping on about a "much older man saying harsh words to a young player", making it sound like some abusive power-imbalance love affair gone wrong - that sort of victimhood rubbish coming from a notorious hard-arse and motor mouth like Mitchell is laughable, as is the pearl-clutching in the media from those fine upstanding citizens Hodge and Lewis. Seriously embarrassing.

Port and Hinkley are the unfashionable daggy dads of the competition, and they just gave a smack in the mouth to the sharp-dressed, on-trend, popular, cocky upstarts. I love that shit.

6. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, ReLoad, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Would you prefer a senior coach to threatens to bash up a journo in the toilets at Brownlow night?

Footy is irrational and even coaches are prone to wearing their heart on their sleeve - I don't mind what Bevo did to Barrett and I didn't mind what Hinkley said to Ginny last night. Hinkley and his team have been mocked by the entire footy industry, and then an opposition player completely disregards your team by assuming the next game will be a walk in the park - of course emotions are going to spill over.

Port and Hinkley are the unfashioable daggy dads of the competition, and they just gave a smack in the mouth to the sharp-dressed, trendy, popular and cocky upstarts.
    Just my final thought on this but when anyone other than the players steps onto the ground then their conduct needs not to have a risk about it that might escalate things. J-Mac has just been fined 20K, Brad Scott clipped his enemy David King when running past him, Sheedy made a slit his throat motion to Milne and of course last night Hinkley chose not to be the bigger man.

The Hawks arrogance shits me but Hinkley has moved the focus away from a great close win to how and why he did what he did. Perhaps it's a ploy but he should have just let it go. As I said earlier, it's ended up being minor in the scheme of things but it was unnecessary.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo doing Barrett in the toilets at the Brownlow isn't anywhere close to what happened with Hinkley tonight.

AFL cover up, ex-Hawk willing to out his new team mates at Adelaide, lost phones and a question of integrity vs. a childish social media post made in jest with a mate.

A player being bit cocky in one case, versus a complete AFL sanctioned cover up in another with a journo ripping the coach over his actions to subvert it.

Post Thanks / Like

Now we've got Derm taking the moral high ground on Crunch Time. Interesting that he waited until after interviewing Hinkley to attack him. Wow, that is pretty cowardly, which is a word you don't normally associate with Derm.

These Hawks in the media are honestly pathetic.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Bevo doing Barrett in the toilets at the Brownlow isn't anywhere close to what happened with Hinkley tonight.

AFL cover up, ex-Hawk willing to out his new team mates at Adelaide, lost phones and a question of integrity vs. a childish social media post made in jest with a mate.

A player being bit cocky in one case, versus a complete AFL sanctioned cover up in another with a journo ripping the coach over his actions to subvert it.
    You and I are on a unity ticket with the blatant cover-up of Talia-gate. But in both that instance and last night, the emotional behaviour of the coach spilled over in a moment.. Both are understandable IMO, even if they were both probably unnecessary.

Tick to Ginny for taking it, tick to Sicily for standing up for his teammate, massive 'L' to Mitchell and also the Hawks media mafia for their total glass jaws. I guess when you are accustomed to winning all the time in September, when you blow such a gilt-edged oppoetunity as hot favourite in an open season, you throw the toys out of the cot, and change the topic away from your own clubs failure to get it done against a beaten, bruised and undermanned opponent. So pathetic.

13. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now we've got Derm taking the moral high ground on Crunch Time. Interesting that he waited until after interviewing Hinkley to attack him. Wow, that is pretty cowardly, which is a word you don't normally associate with Derm.

These Hawks in the media are honestly pathetic.
    And they're bloody everywhere because they won so many premierships in each of the bloody last four decades.

Post Thanks / Like

You and I are on a unity ticket with the blatant cover-up of Talia-gate. But in both that instance and last night, the emotional behaviour of the coach spilled over in a moment.. Both are understandable IMO, even if they were both probably unnecessary.

Tick to Ginny for taking it, tick to Sicily for standing up for his teammate, massive 'L' to Mitchell and also the Hawks media mafia for their total glass jaws. I guess when you are accustomed to winning all the time in September, when you blow such a gilt-edged oppoetunity as hot favourite in an open season, you throw the toys out of the cot, and change the topic away from your own clubs failure to get it done against a beaten, bruised and undermanned opponent. So pathetic.
    Glass jaws indeed. Privo wankers.

I do take issue with calling Beveridge's attack an emotional response, however. Not sure if it's the better of me or the worst, but I reckon he tracked him in a calculated way because he's a sociopath.

Post Thanks / Like

I guffawed out a mouthful of cuppa last night when young Master Lewis said Hinkley's action were embarrassing. What followed was an expos? on how Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis have completely forgotten about and view their own on field thuggery. The trinity of poos and wees Dickheadedry all sanctimonious and sooky. Its not ok when it happens to their team, either physical or verbal. They need giant convex mirrors for their blind spots.

Ps
    Not a fan of Hinkley's hijinks last night or in general.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so.....SO relieved the Hawthorn dream is finished for the year. Would make me sick to see them win another flag.

Post Thanks / Like

My take, Ginnivan lit the flame so fair game for the opposition PLAYERS and CROWD to get into him, the coach however, shithouse, in fact he should be thanking him for giving his players that extra motivation to play the way they did, Hinkley really should have thanked him and not acted like a child.

Sicily, Good on him, he's the captain of the club, flying the flag sticking up for his troopers, i have extra respect for him for doing so, Mitchell in the presser, soooooooked it up like Hinkley, what was the line "he's a young man" etc, yep that young man is a serial pest and if that helps him play as well as he can then so be it, but you're opening yourself up for sledges.

Ginnivan - you little rascal you
    Hinkley - $5000 fine
    Sicily - big tick
    Mitchell - pass the tissues

19. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That goes both ways though. A coach (apparently) threatening physical violence in the toilets of a function versus Hinkley, shit-eating grin across his face, holding his arms out and telling them to enjoy the flight home. You're right - the situations aren't comparable.

Ginnivan dishes it out, Hinkley takes the bait in a petty if unharmful way, Ginny laughs it off but Sicily and Mitchell fire back. It's all just pretty funny in my opinion.

Schedule them at the MCG for round 1, Ginnivan can do an aeroplane in front of the Port cheer squad and it's all even.

Post Thanks / Like

Glass jaws indeed. Privo wankers.

I do take issue with calling Beveridge's attack an emotional response, however. Not sure if it's the better of me or the worst, but I reckon he tracked him in a calculated way because he's a sociopath.
    I see them as different also.

A social post ? who cares?
    Your team just won a big final? you rub it into the competition?s face on national TV?

Very different to taking exception to media BS.

Not condoning violence. But I see them different.

I do agree Port are the daggy dad?s. Good analogy!

Post Thanks / Like

Huge crowd at Giants stadium.