Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  65
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Port Adelaide - The Great Pretenders

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Ken Hinkley is a quality human and a great role model for the greater football public. This doesn’t need to be said. And now he’s proven what a quality winner he is as well.

Or …

Hawthorn are sooks

Discuss
    I agree Ken seems like a nice bloke and will back his players to the hilt.

Hawk players trying to make it all fun out there but you can enjoy it without being flogs - it is a professional sport so act like professionals.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes macca, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawks sooking like they've been remarkable role models all season. If you mouth off that's fine, just don't come crying when you get it back.

Post Thanks / Like

As per my previous post in this thread they're capitalising on a pretty awesome home ground advantage and what turned out to be a relatively soft fixture based on where the cards fell.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1203020/...alt-brutal-run

Rocking up to a qualifying final asleep and getting done by 84 points by a team with a similar home ground is by and by, they beat the Cats at Geelong earlier this year. They closed down the Hawks really well tonight on their skinny home deck, we got exposed by the Hawks on the wide MCG.

So credit to them for fighting it out and getting into a prelim. Prelim weekends can bring out the crazy, if Sydney aren't on their game next week it could easily go to shit for them.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

5. Likes Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken Hinkley is a quality human and a great role model for the greater football public. This doesn?t need to be said. And now he?s proven what a quality winner he is as well.

Or ?

Hawthorn are sooks

Discuss
    I loved it from Ken.

He's been cooked in the media all week, everyone's loved the lippy Hawks and his side's been written off. It's not a good look while Breust is being chaired off (though Sicily can take some blame there), but Ginnivan seemed fine with it.

Live by the banter, die by the banter. It's ridiculous for Mitchell to get worked up about it despite pushing the 'showtime Hawks' stuff all well.

7. Thanks Rocco Jones thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I loved it from Ken.

He's been cooked in the media all week, everyone's loved the lippy Hawks and his side's been written off. It's not a good look while Breust is being chaired off (though Sicily can take some blame there), but Ginnivan seemed fine with it.

Live by the banter, die by the banter. It's ridiculous for Mitchell to get worked up about it despite pushing the 'showtime Hawks' stuff all well.
    Ken was over the top but Sicily did not set the Captain example by going on with it to the extent that he had to be restrained by the players he should be leading.

The fact that Sam Mitchell made a point of defending Sicily at the Press conference is enough of a comment on Hawthorn arrogance and entitlement.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

9. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow look it’s Port Adelaide getting super weird about something that has nothing to do with actually winning or losing games, that’s so unlike them.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Thanks kickit2Koly thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I loved it from Ken.

I didn't love it but Hawthorn have opened the door...they keep going on about being allowed to 'be themselves' - but when the boot's on the other foot they don't like it?

Ken was being a twit but Hawthorn 100% started it. To be fair to Ginnivan, he actually seemed fine with the back and forth...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

13. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I didn't love it but Hawthorn have opened the door...they keep going on about being allowed to 'be themselves' - but when the boot's on the other foot they don't like it?

Ken was being a twit but Hawthorn 100% started it. To be fair to Ginnivan, he actually seemed fine with the back and forth...
    I think Ginnivan actually 'gets it', which is fun. Sometimes the lippy small forward kicks a goal from the pocket, sometimes he gets put on his arse - it's all pantomime and none of it's particularly serious.

I think the Hawks were good for footy this year and hopefully double down on it again. They'll be the heel next year if they're winning games, giving cheek and everyone realises their 2024 favourite team was actually the arrogant ever-winning behemoth that is Hawthorn, and not the upstart underdog.

Post Thanks / Like

Just on a bit of a tangent, did any chance we could get Butters just go out the window?

General consensus is that his status is tied to Ken and a straight set exit would maybe seen him meet his end.

Do we need to hope Port get another 84 point belting in the Prelim?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Oh wow look it’s Port Adelaide getting super weird about something that has nothing to do with actually winning or losing games, that’s so unlike them.
    I was waiting for you to get involved in this.

Still use the drunk maggot at the pub looking to fight anyone who doesn't want it analogy regularly in daily life.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

17. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Ken was over the top but Sicily did not set the Captain example by going on with it to the extent that he had to be restrained by the players he should be leading.

The fact that Sam Mitchell made a point of defending Sicily at the Press conference is enough of a comment on Hawthorn arrogance and entitlement.
    Sam Mitchell has a short memory doesn’t he? He was quick to have a go at the Essendon players shooting up. What do they say about people in glass houses??
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Mitchell has a short memory doesn’t he? He was quick to have a go at the Essendon players shooting up. What do they say about people in glass houses??
    That was player to player during a match. You can see this is different can’t you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    That was player to player during a match. You can see this is different can’t you?
    Not when he’s a senior player having a go at 19 year old. I can stand Hinkley … thus the thread. But what he said was very mild. “You’re not flying” … please. Didn’t accuse him of drug cheating; just called Ginnivan on his shit. Nothing to see here
    WOOF Member 422

21. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not when he’s a senior player having a go at 19 year old. I can stand Hinkley … thus the thread. But what he said was very mild. “You’re not flying” … please. Didn’t accuse him of drug cheating; just called Ginnivan on his shit. Nothing to see here
    Huh? What senior player?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Huh? What senior player?
    Scraggers was talking about Mitchell and the go he had at Essendon players during the drug saga - the pretend injection action
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.