Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  93
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jack Macrae

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Macrae

Quote Originally Posted by Uninformed View Post
    Jack has been such a great player for us. Will be forever revered at our club.

I enjoyed seeing something of his personality in the media when vice-captain.

Important for us to balance and renew our list to reflect changes in the game and in our approach though.

Go well Jack!
    That's my sentiment as well. It's interesting though. Dunkley, Lipinski and now Smith all leave after completing their contracts and cop it from our supporters (read some stuff online with what people are saying to Smith and it wasn't great) and Macrae will likely break a contract and be given an easier time of it. Thoroughly deserves to be treated with respect though.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes Uninformed, Pleather Sole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That's my sentiment as well. It's interesting though. Dunkley, Lipinski and now Smith all leave after completing their contracts and cop it from our supporters (read some stuff online with what people are saying to Smith and it wasn't great) and Macrae will likely break a contract and be given an easier time of it. Thoroughly deserves to be treated with respect though.
    I don't like to see any quality player leaving us. I am still scarred by the loss of Dempsey, Quinlan, Templeton, Bisset, Hardy et. al.

All the ones you mentioned are competing for time in a midfield dominated for a long time by Bont. Libba, Macrae/Treloar and now Richards. All wanted more, or some, midfield time. I wonder if that is a list management issue that can only be managed by trading out or, in the case of Dunkley, lowering dollars causing them to look for a trade.

I don't mind the changes and think how Hawthorn lost Franklin then brought in Lake - three in a row! Nice.

4. Likes GVGjr, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats the future midfiled goneski.

Random theory - if you fall out of Bevo's good graces is that it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Not random, I think absolutely so. Bevo is very strong on his beliefs on players and tactics and philosophies. I guess that has positives and negatives. But I’ve heard some ex-players believe this from their personal perspective.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Dunks fell out of favor with Bevo in terms of his footy but perhaps going in the ruck at times was something they worked through and any other tensions between them were for other reasons.
    Lipinski left for more senior opportunities and it appears Smith, who's never played in the VFL, main problem might be around getting serious midfield time.

Hunter, Stringer and Dahlhaus for their distractions and the likes of Schache for his lack of intensity and a few others were probably never going get back in his good graces.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Dunks fell out of favor with Bevo in terms of his footy but perhaps going in the ruck at times was something they worked through and any other tensions between them were for other reasons.
    Lipinski left for more senior opportunities and it appears Smith, who's never played in the VFL, main problem might be around getting serious midfield time.

Hunter, Stringer and Dahlhaus for their distractions and the likes of Schache for his lack of intensity and a few others were probably never going get back in his good graces.
    Cam-head was really killing it until BTC had his papers stamped. Then Roughy too. To an extent Le Young was the same, although was desperately played in the ruck in the finals. Garcia seems to be next in line.

You have to back your coach though. If he’s lost faith is players (not all that leave are here) then they have to go. (Or he goes)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm sure Bevolution isn't on his Pat Malone when it comes to likes and dislikes / having favs.

I was standing next to him at a pre-season game at Whitten. He was with Dalrymple - we were all hiding under the same tree as it was a roasting day.

The genuine care Bevo has for the players was so apparent. Someone went down in a pack it was hard to see and he exclaimed crap thats Jack thats Jack. (Macrae).

The another player got injured and the first thing Bevo did when he went out on the ground was make his way over to the player and put his arm around him. It was a VFL player too I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm sure Bevolution isn't on his Pat Malone when it comes to likes and dislikes / having favs.
    Yeah, this story is told in every club. We just don?t hear about it as much on here because who gives a crap what other clubs are doing!

11. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Cam-head was really killing it until BTC had his papers stamped. Then Roughy too. To an extent Le Young was the same, although was desperately played in the ruck in the finals. Garcia seems to be next in line.

You have to back your coach though. If he’s lost faith is players (not all that leave are here) then they have to go. (Or he goes)
    We made a strange list management decision with Roughy and Bevo was a big part of that. He ended up forging a good career for himself at Collingwood.

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think with Dunkley, Lipinsky and to a lesser extent Smith, it is more a matter of timing. They were all ready to go, but we weren't ready with a spot in the middle. We bring some talent in now, we still have a couple of years with Treloar and maybe one or two with Libba. Plenty of time for the next gen. midfield to assert themselves.

15. Likes Grantysghost, macca, mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think with Dunkley, Lipinsky and to a lesser extent Smith, it is more a matter of timing. They were all ready to go, but we weren't ready with a spot in the middle. We bring some talent in now, we still have a couple of years with Treloar and maybe one or two with Libba. Plenty of time for the next gen. midfield to assert themselves.
    I think Libba is being badly advised. He should retire because of the head knocks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I think Libba is being badly advised. He should retire because of the head knocks.
    We’re definitely much better placed to make this call than the medical staff and people close to him.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

18. Likes bornadog, SquirrelGrip, anfo27, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is the talent going to come from?
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Libba looks like he's slowing down. He's contracted for next year but I'm betting he gets "rested" a fair bit, espcially towards the back half of the year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

21. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Where is the talent going to come from?
    Sanders obviously, perhaps Freijah to a wing, maybe Gallagher with another year, or Garcia. But I like the draft more than trading to bring in elite talent. With what we get for Smith, maybe a fluke late pick or rookie this year and next. Should be plenty of options. You want them young and then put a year or two into them to be up to speed.

23. Likes SonofScray, josie liked this post