Thanks Thanks:  398
Likes Likes:  2,356
Page 307 of 308 FirstFirst ... 207257297298299300301302303304305306307308 LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 4610
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our exes...................

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If they are serious with the reports indicating they don't want to give him a deal then maybe a third rounder would get it done otherwise they'd honor the deal. It's essentially a salary cap dump for them.
    If Stringer left as a FA does he qualify Essendon for compensation? If so I could see them looking for something there

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    If Stringer left as a FA does he qualify Essendon for compensation? If so I could see them looking for something there
    Given his age and likely contract I'm not sure he'd even trigger band 5
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Sydney should offer a 4th rounder

Stringer will be off Essington's books

He be a stop gap for 1 year for Sydney , mayb 2 with a trigger clause, until their young tall fwds can develop.
    Not sure what he could offer for Amarty, McDonald, McLean Hayward ??? Can't see Stringer busting a pack mark.
    Sydney maybe seeing the moneyball appeal.

GWS be a better fit as a foil for JEsse Hogan.
    Maybe Sydney should ask for 4th rounder to take Stringer. They would need to employ a personal fitness trainer as well.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Given his age and likely contract I'm not sure he'd even trigger band 5
    I thought about a lap band joke but I am too mature to post that

Post Thanks / Like

Talk that Steven King will be announced as the new West Coast coach once Geelong's season is over.

7. Thanks The Underdog, SquirrelGrip, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Talk that Steven King will be announced as the new West Coast coach once Geelong's season is over.
    He's ready to go and has served a great apprenticeship
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching the WAFL Prelim and why if that isn’t Brad Lynch playing for Swan Districts and giving away a free kick for an unrealistic marking attempt.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

11. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Matty Boyd leaving Freo and going back to Collingwood.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Lewis Young up for trade apparently.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Well, we won finals when he was our first ruck. Liam Jones coming back worked.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Voss just needs to give him more opportunity. This is a massive FAIL by the Blues.
    Last edited by jazzadogs; 16-09-2024 at 09:23 PM.

16. Likes azabob, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Voss just needs to give him more opportunity. This is massive FAIL by the Blues.
    Massive? They traded SPS who hasn’t done much either. I guess I’m waiting to see if they get the equal or better to the Pick 52 we got in the trade and if there’s no salary paid either. It could be a massive failure if it’s something like a F4 (& cash or no cash) just to get him out of the club. But if they got something like Pick 40, then they’d probably consider themselves ahead. More than anything, I don’t think anyone on here is going to banging on about him and our huge mistake anymore now Carlton are trying to offload him after recontracting him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Massive? They traded SPS who hasn’t done much either. I guess I’m waiting to see if they get the equal or better to the Pick 52 we got in the trade and if there’s no salary paid either. It could be a massive failure if it’s something like a F4 (& cash or no cash) just to get him out of the club. But if they got something like Pick 40, then they’d probably consider themselves ahead. More than anything, I don’t think anyone on here is going to banging on about him and our huge mistake anymore now Carlton are trying to offload him after recontracting him.
    Forgot my emoji . I think the blues got good value out of him last year when they had injuries to their KPDs and this year have seen more of his timidity and inability to impact majority of contests. I'm not sure teams will be lining up for him after a second clubs worth of form exposing his enduring weaknesses.

19. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Forgot my emoji . I think the blues got good value out of him last year when they had injuries to their KPDs and this year have seen more of his timidity and inability to impact majority of contests. I'm not sure teams will be lining up for him after a second clubs worth of form exposing his enduring weaknesses.
    Yep. Him rucking this year was just history repeating. He’d have needed being a former Pick 2 to get a trade to a third club. I think Carlton will just have to suck it up. Keep him on my the list or pay him out.

Will be a handy VFL player though.

Post Thanks / Like

So Mr Stringer apparently has no suitors,who would have guessed?
    Manager has done a great job with his advice.
    Would have thought the manager would have asked other clubs questions before advising Jake ( I love the bombers) Stringer to ask for longer contract or go.
    Bring back the biff