Thanks Thanks:  367
Likes Likes:  1,304
Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126127128129130131132133134135136
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2040
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm ok with McNeil & Khamis getting 2 years. Bothe made ground this year and have showed they're capable of improvement which is all that we ask for in younger players.

But I am ****ing pissed off that we can't find a way to offer Garcia the same... it was plainly obvious last Friday night that our team is crying out for pace around the ball and we going to let someone who has that in spades depart for something like pick 50 something.

Generally, I'm not that worried about who we discard, but this one is really shitting me.
    Ridiculous to think we would let a young bloke Garcia go - madness
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree re Garcia.

Surely we have a spot for him.

He brings lots to the table we don't have in spades.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I'm dissapointed, I lobbied hard to be able to run his water and apply the deep heat before games but all we ended up with was two years.

For those whinging about the length, why doesn't he deserve two years?

He improved out of sight and worked harder than most every game for YOUR team.

He's probably on minimum chips so 2 x 250 say is fair reward for a guy who sets standards with his preparation, effort and ability to get the most out of himself.

Not every player is going to be a star.

For mine one year would be an insulting offer.

Also : you can all get stuffed
    Two more years for my short king.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm ok with McNeil & Khamis getting 2 years. Bothe made ground this year and have showed they're capable of improvement which is all that we ask for in younger players.

But I am ****ing pissed off that we can't find a way to offer Garcia the same... it was plainly obvious last Friday night that our team is crying out for pace around the ball and we going to let someone who has that in spades depart for something like pick 50 something.

Generally, I'm not that worried about who we discard, but this one is really shitting me.
    I get that, we have opened the door for other clubs. From what I have seen Garcia seems to have done a solid apprenticeship and for whatever reason we haven't made much of an effort to stick with him. Is it his defensive efforts or something else? I'm really not sure.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I’m getting really annoyed with Garcia too. I can see (or at least am aware of) the thinking behind why he wasn’t an automatic inclusion but what he actually can do is exactly what we should be looking to bring in.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to grind this this axe til there's nothing left but if little else surely Garcia's up to being tasked with whatever Harmes was purportedly recruited for while we gauge how equipped he is for more responsibility in time.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I've been going over some of the comments regarding suggested contracts that some of our more higher profile players like English and Smith should get and now the more penny pinching debates on players like Khamis, Duryea and McNeil.
    I don't see that 2 year deals for McNeil and Khamis as much of an issue given they had their best seasons but it's interesting to get all the varied views. I really enjoy that.
    Then we have the more lavish almost reckless type approaches of suggesting that the club should cough up big money and long term deals at the likes of Smith and English just to get them to sign on at any cost.
    I'm with Sedat, it's not a problem to carry some of the lesser lights on the list especially if they are coming off their best seasons and can play a couple of roles for us.
    No one has said McNeil or Buku shouldn’t have gotten contracts. It’s the 2 years instead of just 1. They were both lucky to be on the list at all this year. Whilst they improved it was from a low base. Can’t move on blokes like Cleary this season when not in our plans because he got the extra year.

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs AFL list update

The Western Bulldogs confirmed two changes to their AFL playing list on Monday.

Dominic Bedendo and Kelsey Rypstra have been informed that they will not be offered contracts for the 2025 season.

Bedendo, 22, was selected with pick No.55 in the 2020 AFL Draft and played two senior games in 2022.

Rypstra, 20, was recruited from North Adelaide in this year’s Mid-Season Rookie Draft and had yet to play a senior game after suffering a hamstring injury in the VFL.

General Manager of List and Recruiting Sam Power thanked both players for their contributions.

"Dom has made a significantly positive impact in his time at the Club and represented the Bulldogs with distinction at the highest level,” Power said.

“Unfortunately Kelsey was unable to build continuity due to injury but we appreciate all of his efforts in his short time with us.

"We wish both players all the best for the future and they will always be welcome at Mission Whitten Oval."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Agree re Garcia.

Surely we have a spot for him.

He brings lots to the table we don't have in spades.
    I agree, given we are letting Macrae go and Smith has decided he wants to go, Garcia has to be in the midfield mix. We were a better team with him in the middle. his speed and aggression are a dynamic we are short on.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL.com reporting we’ve offered Garcia a 2 year contract, but he’s weighing it up.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    AFL.com reporting we’ve offered Garcia a 2 year contract, but he’s weighing it up.
    We've taken a bit longer than we should have, hopefully can get this sorted.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We've taken a bit longer than we should have, hopefully can get this sorted.
    Doesn’t sound great to me.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Wonder if it was due to Macrae request.

16. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Doesn’t sound great to me.
    I don't know. Hard to tell. Is there really much interest for him? Whom? WCE probably given the WA connection, but does he really want to be a midfielder in a team that is going nowhere fast or be part of a rotation in a team playing finals.

Given the age profile of our midfield, the guys leaving and his form when injury free, he is in prime position to play more football and become a key cog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I don't know. Hard to tell. Is there really much interest for him? Whom? WCE probably given the WA connection, but does he really want to be a midfielder in a team that is going nowhere fast or be part of a rotation in a team playing finals.

Given the age profile of our midfield, the guys leaving and his form when injury free, he is in prime position to play more football and become a key cog.
    I read four other clubs have interest in him. I agree with you second point and that isn’t enough for him to sign. Hence, doesn’t sound good that he moves up the pecking order next year and doesn’t jump at the offer.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023