Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  65
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Port Adelaide - The Great Pretenders

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Glad he copped a 20k fine just for being a dickhead, show a bit of class and not act like a school boy.
    With respect, acting like a school boy is not bringing the game into disrepute.

I have spoken before about the incredible pressure I felt just two years ago coaching a state league COLTS team. I felt the club had essentially turned their back on me when they refused to defend a 'misconduct' charge which was a complete fabrication...anyway, a long story. But it really did become me and the players vs the world for a couple of months there...

Flapping his arms at the Hawthorn players after winning a game without his two star half backs (the singular strength of his footy side), his best midfielder under an injury cloud and the worst forward in the league with the POTENTIAL exception of North Melbourne (I mean, at least they have Larkey!) all whilst being directly undermined by a couple of members on the PA board who have openly said they wanted him replaced as coach...

Honestly.

The whole hoo-haa with Luke Breust's 300th etc...apparently it's now more disrespectful to flap your arms whilst he's being carried off than it is to MAKE HIM THE SUB for his milestone match - which is a complete joke by the way...no mention of the disrespect from Mitchell which was there for all to see.

It's an emotional environment and sometimes those directly involved get carried away. Sicily is lucky Hinkley didn't double down and perform a pantomime of a set shot crashing into the behind post directly costing his team the game. If you want to show leadership, there is no need to engage with the oppo AFTER the game if you just kick straight during it.

I am so sick of the self righteousness of these peanuts from Hawthorn. YES - they have some young players but some of that is smoke and mirrors...their footy side has more experience in it than most people seem to realise and if you are going to carry on with selfies and flexing to the crowd (versus acknowledging your team-mates) when a goal is kicked, then you don't get to say A WORD when it comes back the other way.

I do want to say something about Ginnivan though. He gets it. He mouths off but he cops it coming back. No complaints from me about him...at least he owns his behaviour which is more than I can say than for Sicily and Mitchell.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

I have spoken before about the incredible pressure I felt just two years ago coaching a state league COLTS team. I felt the club had essentially turned their back on me when they refused to defend a 'misconduct' charge which was a complete fabrication...anyway, a long story. But it really did become me and the players vs the world for a couple of months there...

Flapping his arms at the Hawthorn players after winning a game without his two star half backs (the singular strength of his footy side), his best midfielder under an injury cloud and the worst forward in the league with the POTENTIAL exception of North Melbourne (I mean, at least they have Larkey!) all whilst being directly undermined by a couple of members on the PA board who have openly said they wanted him replaced as coach...

Honestly.

The whole hoo-haa with Luke Breust's 300th etc...apparently it's now more disrespectful to flap your arms whilst he's being carried off than it is to MAKE HIM THE SUB for his milestone match - which is a complete joke by the way...no mention of the disrespect from Mitchell which was there for all to see.

It's an emotional environment and sometimes those directly involved get carried away. Sicily is lucky Hinkley didn't double down and perform a pantomime of a set shot crashing into the behind post directly costing his team the game. If you want to show leadership, there is no need to engage with the oppo AFTER the game if you just kick straight during it.

I am so sick of the self righteousness of these peanuts from Hawthorn. YES - they have some young players but some of that is smoke and mirrors...their footy side has more experience in it than most people seem to realise and if you are going to carry on with selfies and flexing to the crowd (versus acknowledging your team-mates) when a goal is kicked, then you don't get to say A WORD when it comes back the other way.

I do want to say something about Ginnivan though. He gets it. He mouths off but he cops it coming back. No complaints from me about him...at least he owns his behaviour which is more than I can say than for Sicily and Mitchell.
    Hinkley was funny. We need to get over it.

Couldn't agree more in Ginnivan. Gets as good as he gives and just plays footy. I'm a fan.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Yep agree on Ginnivan, makes me actually like him.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Yep agree on Ginnivan, makes me actually like him.
    Yep.

He gives zero ****s and is clearly having fun which is refreshing in a competition full of robots.

5. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Ginni. I wanted us to pick him up so badly.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine Ginnivan and Weightman together in our F50. Footy would be fun just watching oppo supporters lose it at least once a game.

8. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Honestly.

Fair call but still agree with the AFL coming down hard on Hinkley, as for the Hawks, they kind of remind me of GWS when first starting out and carrying on like they were king shit with all these first round pricks i mean picks, mentioned earlier in the thread before Hinkley copped the fine that Ginni was fine, he's flamboyant but good value, not particularly a fan of Sicily but i like a captain to stand up for his troops, Sam Mitchell, what's that word that rhymes with Banker?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Sam Mitchell, what's that word that rhymes with Banker?
    Half forward flanker?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

11. Likes bornadog liked this post