Thanks Thanks:  67
Likes Likes:  75
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Afl - w 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Afl - w 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Ball lived in the lions forward 50 for the whole quarter.
    I think the main focus of this game is to put any score on the board.
    Midfield are witches hats. Ellie out.

Let's hope we can be more competitive. 17 to 1 inside 50s is dire.

Post Thanks / Like

Showing a bit in Q2. Gee that free & 50m penalty to Lions was cruel. Surely if you bounce ball you are still in possession?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Showing a bit in Q2. Gee that free & 50m penalty to Lions was cruel. Surely if you bounce ball you are still in possession?
    That's how I saw it and Smith gave the ball back is it her problem the player is still on the ground the 50 was stiff as well.
    We make things look hard.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah Hartwig no.15 has come on in leaps & bounds. Maggie Gorgham no.6 looks good too. And we know Rylie Wilcox no.37 is a zippy skilled player. Alice Edmonds our ruck gives her all too. Backline ok considering Lions had it on string for Q1 and first half Q2. Not all is dark. Reminds me of when men’s seniors were cellar dwellers and you got a bit of joy focusing on the positive eg improvement in young ones & effort across team even when being pummelled.

Go girls.

Post Thanks / Like

This season was always going to be a disaster, but I'm optimistic about our future. Our under-21s have some future stars, and some of our most consistent players in Grant, Pritchard, Georgostathis, and Hartwig are all only 22. Just need more time and games into them.

6. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s close to the worst double call I’ve seen in any level of footy.

Admirable effort after quarter time
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

8. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Better 2nd half by the girls. Edmonds did a great job I would like to see her tap it on sometimes rather than take it the hands a couple of times there were players clear going past and she would grab it to handball rather than tap it in there direction hence it becomes another stoppage.
    Still a lot of grit just lacks some polish.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gradual improvement since R1 debacle. Loved the grit & spirit & team camaraderie the girls showed tonight. Thought our defence after Q1 (which I missed) was pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Gradual improvement since R1 debacle. Loved the grit & spirit & team camaraderie the girls showed tonight. Thought our defence after Q1 (which I missed) was pretty good.
    The defence held up pretty well in Q1 given the ball lived inside the Lions F50 for pretty much the entire qtr.

Last night was the first time I have watched our team for an extended period, my main thoughts based on that game (not taking into account the opposition are very good):

- our fitness levels are subpar. If you do not have the talent you need to be able to work harder, and we can not.
    - our skill level is subpar. We just can not move the ball with any fluency or even just keep possession when we are under fire.

The commitment to compete is at the expected level, but we are miles off the pace.

13. Likes josie liked this post