Thanks Thanks:  400
Likes Likes:  2,361
Page 308 of 308 FirstFirst ... 208258298299300301302303304305306307308
Results 4,606 to 4,616 of 4616
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our exes...................

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    So Mr Stringer apparently has no suitors,who would have guessed?
    Manager has done a great job with his advice.
    Would have thought the manager would have asked other clubs questions before advising Jake ( I love the bombers) Stringer to ask for longer contract or go.
    Aren't Sydney interested? That was the latest
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Aren't Sydney interested? That was the latest
    It was the pies last week , I think the media just guesses.
    Sydney would be the worst place he could go they have high training expectations and a team orientated game that involved being hard at the ball
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    It was the pies last week , I think the media just guesses.
    Sydney would be the worst place he could go they have high training expectations and a team orientated game that involved being hard at the ball
    Thats a shame, i really would have liked to see Sydney get the best out of Stringer. That would have been a good documentary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Thats a shame, i really would have liked to see Sydney get the best out of Stringer. That would have been a good documentary.
    Collingwood NOT in the race for Jake Stringer, but a premiership threat has genuine interest

Collingwood is not in the race to lure Jake Stringer out of Essendon ? but Sydney is, according to Sam Edmund.

The Magpies had been linked with a play for the contracted Bomber, but they are reportedly not in the mix any longer.

Stringer, 30, has hit a contract trigger for 2025 at the Dons, however he wants greater security and a contract for 2026.

Edmund believes the Swans are a team that is indeed interested, though their focus remains on the 2024 season and their Preliminary final clash with Port Adelaide.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I had heard Matthew Boyd advised Collingwood not to touch Stringer when Boyd started his coaching career with the filth when he finished playing with us. Now as Boyd returns to Collingwood I reckon he may have warned Collingwood again not to go near him.

Post Thanks / Like

I have zero medical qualifications and have never met Aker but I reckon I could have come up with the same diagnosis.

Jason Akermanis on life-changing ADHD diagnosis: How he could have stemmed antics

Across a 300-game career, Jason Akermanis was always chasing attention, on and off the field. He?s now discovered the driving force behind his antics, and reveals how a life-changing diagnosis could have stemmed his outbursts if he had it while playing.

Brisbane Lions triple premiership star Jason Akermanis has revealed a lifelong battle with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), adamant he would have avoided many of the great controversies of his decorated career with an early diagnosis.

Akermanis? 16-year-old daughter Sienna was diagnosed last year and his speech-pathologist wife Megan suggested at the same time that he might have the same condition.

Now well-medicated, he says it has been a life-changing decision given he is no longer chasing those dopamine hits that followed some of the big controversies that invariably followed his career. The 46-year-old was one of football?s most dynamic players, but through his regular media interviews and print columns was a lightning rod for controversy, eventually sacked by Lions coach Leigh Matthews.

He will never regret the post-match handstands that drew the adoration of Brisbane fans, but says they were exactly the kind of attention-seeking acts that his brain craved because of the disorder.

Now working in real estate in Brisbane, the Brownlow Medallist said all of the symptoms of ADHD ? hyperactivity, inattention and impulsivity ? were features of his life until he sought expert medical care.

?The typical ADHD brain won?t make dopamine normally. It really needs to be stimulated. Nearly all of it occurs in sport ? kicking a big goal in front of a big crowd or any kind of exertion is the only way to do it.

?When I look back (had I been diagnosed), I could have done better at school because if your brain doesn?t concentrate that?s clearly an issue.

?But the other part that got me in the most trouble was talking to get myself going.

?I would write stuff and stay stuff against my opponents. I would pick my targets and it got my brain going and my brain loved it, but I was the only one who loved it. Everyone at the club, particularly the coach, didn?t like it.

?Put it this way, there would be no question I would have avoided all of (the controversies).

?It?s all about reacting quickly and poorly. I would have had a brain that would have allowed me to say, ?Let?s take stock, let?s have a look at this, how can I say it well??. That is the difference.?

Akermanis believes those Gabba handstands were the perfect example of his need for attention ? with the desire to avoid rejection a key element of the condition.

?For me that was the best thing outside kicking goals. You would go around and get that roar and it was brilliant. My brain would have loved it and I loved it. There is nothing I would change, but maybe a non-ADHD brain would think it?s a good idea because you didn?t need it. My brain obviously did need it.?

The 325-game star still believes Matthews would have traded him for revealing the extent of teammate Nigel Lappin?s rib injury leading into the 2003 Grand Final had he not kicked five goals. But he was eventually moved on by the legendary Lions coach ? who described him as a football ?consultant? ? with his Bulldogs tenure also ending in acrimony as he warred with a well-entrenched leadership group in 2010.

Akermanis said the best way to describe ADHD was like having 12 tabs open on your computer compared to a single screen.

?Once I started taking Ritalin, my whole life changed forever,? he said.

?Those meds for normal people would be a stimulant, but for us it just calms the mind down and gets it to work beautifully. And that is worth every single doctors? appointment.

?For the first time I could sit down and do contracts, I could do Form 6s, which in Queensland are the legal documents for selling and leasing properties. I could sit down and do 1000 emails. Before that if there was one error I would get so frustrated I would have to walk away. Those hard things went from being so hard to mundane.

?If I was in the media now I would be a completely different Jason Akermanis compared to the one who years ago was getting in trouble for all kinds of shit.?

Akermanis said he would still have left the Lions in search of another premiership even if not for his controversies, but remains steadfast he did little wrong in the Lappin episode.

?No, that wasn?t one I regretted because I was telling the truth. That was the one that was going to get me sacked. You ask Leigh ? and he never admits it ? but he said to Gubby (football boss Graeme Allan), ?at the end of this Grand Final you get rid of him. Just do anything. Get him out of the team?.

?Both of them have never denied it. I ask them and they never say no, they just shrug their shoulders with a smile. But after I kicked five goals (in that Grand Final), apparently Gubby said, ?What do you reckon about trade week?? and Leigh said, ?He?s got a job for life?.?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I have zero medical qualifications and have never met Aker but I reckon I could have come up with the same diagnosis.
    Same.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

9. Thanks Bulldog Revolution thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aker on ritalin

That would be something.

Post Thanks / Like

Steven King collapsed at Cats training this afternoon.

Reported to have been awake and stable at the ground, but taken to hospital as a precaution/for further investigation. Hope he is okay, especially when it sounds like he's just about to get his chance at a head coach role with the Eagles.

12. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope it doesn't affect his chances with the Eagles.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeepers that ain?t good. Hope he is ok.

15. Likes josie liked this post