Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: While others zig, should we zag?

Quote Originally Posted by Uninformed View Post
    Sorry. I read it as the other way around. Didn't seem right with the Crows.

The only thing I can think of is some sort of system issue. We looked so good against the midfields of Swans, Geelong and Carlton. But then Port and Hawthorn hammer us and the Lions had us covered.

Taking Port. I don't see Rozee, Butters, JHF, and Wines as 60 to 40 better than Bont. Libba, Adz. and Ed. So it must be system?
    Aren't Adelaide Oval and MCG similar dimensions?
    I do wonder if we got a little "lost in the wings" as opposed to the narrower Marvel.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Aren't Adelaide Oval and MCG similar dimensions?
    I do wonder if we got a little "lost in the wings" as opposed to the narrower Marvel.
    No, Adelaide Oval is long and narrow. Closer to Marvel than the MCG.

4. Thanks Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our best football this year was pretty similar to our best football in 2021. Solid team defence, quick decisions and run to take it forward, lots of opportunities to score if we locked it in, all on the back of huge efforts from the midfield. The template doesn't need to change too much, we just need to again tighten up the lapses like we did with quelling run-ons against us this year. Training and discipline should help us do that.

We need to shore up our small to medium personnel in defence, I feel taking Richards out of there robbed Peter to pay Paul a little. Perhaps JF can run at the opposition a little more after another preseason. Too much was left to Dale in that area, Bramble had a great start in our colours and hopefully can take another step.

I really don't know what improvement we can get out of our wings and high forwards outside of coaching development. Getting fit enough to stay relevant in games would be a start, but not sure the polish is there which is what makes or breaks the effectiveness of the forward half.

Naughton needs to play high, JUH and Darcy who are both still well and truly in the development phase (providing we don't compare them to the likes of Buddy Franklin etc.) need big preseasons so they can take another step towards reliability. Weightman needs to find a way to be more involved more often. Continuity across the board in this area will be huge for us, I feel with Naughton and Weightman having stints out we missed that a bit and can improve.

While the likely midfield losses won't impact our performance in lieu of personnel being absent or fading, our midfield is still a bit of a mess. Sanders really needs to step up and I'm confident he can after an up and down year where he was asked to play tough roles for us.

Our draft hand will probably be just OK for the future, but it won't help us now and we won't have much happening in the trade space. This preseason has to be all about reinforcing the good things we saw this year and coaching the shit out of everyone we have at our disposal, we can't afford to zig or zag is what I'm saying I guess.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

6. Likes josie, Uninformed liked this post