Thanks Thanks:  336
Likes Likes:  2,099
Page 200 of 201 FirstFirst ... 100150190191192193194195196197198199200201 LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3005
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

It's going to be next level ugly when we invariably draw those arseholes to open the season.

Replete with a very mature debate about mental health implications.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Come on guys, two sides to every story.

Lol.

3. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Lol.
    No clown emoji?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Lol.
    There’s two sides to every story, and each of those sides has two stories, which in turn has a pair of sides. Of course each of those sides indeed has a story.

Oh look I’ve just written the first page to Bailey Smiths Autobiography; “white lines, each with their own story”. Forwarded by Patrick Dangerfield.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be interesting to hear his side,
    I would like to know the clubs side as well.
    All we hear as fans is he wants out.
    It’s definitely not due to what happened this year.
    What actually got to this point where he wanted to go and we weren’t exactly screaming to keep him.
    It seems both sides just did what they had to in regards to his contract.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Lol.
    All I can think of with that comment and the copious posts around "his lateral movement displays" is that he wanted to play, and the club said no and didn't want him around as a distraction.

So the relationship had clearly soured.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    All I can think of with that comment and the copious posts around "his lateral movement displays" is that he wanted to play, and the club said no and didn't want him around as a distraction.

So the relationship had clearly soured.
    So you are saying he is a sook
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely bit of hubris on the Cats too, persisting with the pantomime of asking Smith not to nominate yet because of vague professional protocols but then being all nah f**k it, come sit in our cheer squad for a game, what're they gonna do?

There are gracious ways to exit a club that drafted you and invested a year putting you back together while another club's been in your ear. Magnanimous ways. Respectful even, that costs you nothing.

And then there's whatever this exercise is.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So you are saying he is a sook
    I don't know what he is.

Annoying at this point the whole situation and it has been ever since the nose beers incident.

Hopefully we all move on happy - although Mackie is going to play hard ball for sure.

We don't have a lot of hand in the situation once a player nominates, however, considering the way Bailey has behaved in the last month or so (insta post, going on the today show I mean jeez man just pull your head in for 5 mins, and sitting with the Cats) I would not be surprised if people like Luke Darcy might call for making a tough stand here.

I don't think it's a good idea - however, if I let my emotions in for a minute it feels like it's time we stopped playing Mr Nice Club.

Edit : To add to this - The Lions have made 2 GFs since Dunkley arrived.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; Today at 11:11 AM. Reason: Going to the mattresses

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah let’s do PSD. I actually couldn’t care less about pick 30 I want blood.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure why but I think a reasonable deal will be struck but it's likely to go down to the wire which could limit us do some other things.
    Paul Connors will put a lot of threats and pressure on both clubs to get it done and both clubs will reluctantly listen to him.
    We will have the high ground, picks, a pick this year and/or next and a pick and player will be considered.
    At the end a deal will be done providing we have some conviction with the PSD option.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not sure why but I think a reasonable deal will be struck but it's likely to go down to the wire which could limit us do some other things.
    Paul Connors will put a lot of threats and pressure on both clubs to get it done and both clubs will reluctantly listen to him.
    We will have the high ground, picks, a pick this year and/or next and a pick and player will be considered.
    At the end a deal will be done providing we have some conviction with the PSD option.
    Re the PSD couldn't the Cats and Bailey just work out a massively front ended contract that no one else would touch?

It's not like the Tigers are going to pay two mill for a guy who doesn't want to be there for eg.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    As much as I love the idea of PSD, Connors just gets things done for his clients - that's actually a negative for Geelong/Mackie because the onus is fully on them to come to the table with an attractive enough deal to get Smith. From our side of the fence, I'm confident Power will extract every possible collateral out of the situation and we can move forward with a better draft/list hand before next season starts.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    As much as I love the idea of PSD, Connors just gets things done for his clients - that's actually a negative for Geelong/Mackie because the onus is fully on them to come to the table with an attractive enough deal to get Smith. From our side of the fence, I'm confident Power will extract every possible collateral out of the situation and we can move forward with a better draft/list hand before next season starts.
    A guy who can't even update the TLS cert for his website can't be trusted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    A guy who can't even update the TLS cert for his website can't be trusted.
    Have no idea what that means but Connors and his team generally squeal the least out of the player manager cohort - they are stealthy and tend to get everything done for the players they represent. And I think we have a pretty solid relationship with him, unlike say a Pickering old school cowboy type who uses the media to overtly pressure clubs to fold.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"