Thanks Thanks:  112
Likes Likes:  672
Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 266667686970717273747576
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1140
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Scuttlebut on the other site is that

1. The Geelong trade offer is abysmal and we're asking around if players are interested in leaving. Club not happy with Smith or Geelong
    Seriously, then send him to the PSD. Honestly, at some point we simply need to just tell them all to go and get ****ed. Starting with a statement from the board that it backs Power to send him to the PSD and we ain’t playing.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scuttlebut on the other site is that

1. The Geelong trade offer is abysmal and we're asking around if players are interested in leaving. Club not happy with Smith or Geelong

2. Club is open to trading Jamarra for the right price (a grade mid or raft of 1st round picks).

I read the latter as less actually looking to trade him and more 'we're willing to trade you so pull your head in' type of move
    Butters for JUH please.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Butters for JUH please.
    Marra kicked 40 + goals as a 22 year old why would you want to trade him?

I guess for balance I get ? But just put Naughton back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Agree except for Naughton back
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Where does Davidson play at the Kennel? Another Forward? Look a talent hard to see where he plays considering we are hiding a tall on the bench.
    He's a small forward who relies on marking so I'm not convinced he's a great fit for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's more around his attitude and personal life. Think Stringer (not the high school part).

Post Thanks / Like

We are in an interesting dilemma.

Does 3 KPFs work? In the EF vs a running machine, we clearly second guessed it because the 3 talls were rarely on the ground at the same time.

Bevo talks about trends of the game, well, 3 big forwards ain't it.

I think we need to persist and see if it can be our POD. They are 3 supremely talented players, all match winners in their own right. We need to build around them and find accommodating pieces. It wasn't exactly their fault we had sub 30 F50 entries deep into the EF.

Having said that, when Croft is in the wings (though I don't get why we wouldn't position him as a CHB) and a few F/S's may yet be coming, we would be foolish not to have ongoing discussions around list balance.

Any way you dice it, trading it Marra now would be idiotic.
    W00F!

9. Likes GVGjr, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I think it's more around his attitude and personal life. Think Stringer (not the high school part).
    I don't know if any of that is true - I think we should not jump to conclusions based on some rumours otherwise he will end up down at the Cattery where they can handle things!

Oh crap : I just made myself sick thinking of Marra in a Cats jumper.

Post Thanks / Like

Could we offer a CoA$taL LiFe$tylE at Williamstown, Altona or Werribee South beaches?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

12. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Or the Islam part lol

Post Thanks / Like

Or the Islam part lol
    When I see Jakey, I instantly think of a deep theological scholar.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Naughty on the wing is my solution to the three tall forwards problem (if it is a problem). He is playing up the ground anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    We are in an interesting dilemma.

Does 3 KPFs work? In the EF vs a running machine, we clearly second guessed it because the 3 talls were rarely on the ground at the same time.

Bevo talks about trends of the game, well, 3 big forwards ain't it.

I think we need to persist and see if it can be our POD. They are 3 supremely talented players, all match winners in their own right. We need to build around them and find accommodating pieces. It wasn't exactly their fault we had sub 30 F50 entries deep into the EF.

Having said that, when Croft is in the wings (though I don't get why we wouldn't position him as a CHB) and a few F/S's may yet be coming, we would be foolish not to have ongoing discussions around list balance.

Any way you dice it, trading it Marra now would be idiotic.
    The delivery into F50 is the area that needs refinement IMO, not the actual structure inside F50. It's not as though they are all mark/kick players who are useless when the ball is on the deck - all of Naughton, Marra and Darcy have athleticism and an appetite to compete after the aerial contest (Naughton is exceptional), but our propensity to go "long bombs to snake" all the time is too predictable and is counter-productive unless we bring it in there super quick and isolate our talls one-out (which is hardly ever in the modern game). Our problem is that Weightman is a tall-small and so is West to an extent, so we have upwards of 5 marking targets up forward and not enough high half-forwards to take advantage of the ground balls inside F50 - and the ones we have (VDM, McNeill) have massive workrates but aren't huge scoreboard impact players.

We either need Clarke/Jones to really come on, or we need to keep bringing in quality pressure forwards and natural footballers who relish the ground ball. We also probably need both Weightman and West to spend more time moving up the ground and ducking back into F50 (like the Geelong and Brisbane high half-forwards do) to free up space in F50, which then forces their direct opponents (ie: the Zorko types) have to make a decision whether or not to follow their man up the ground. This will also get Weightman and West involved more often, which both need to do when the 3 talls are together in F50 and they can sometimes get lost.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

The three talls in the forward line has absolutely worked and is not a problem.

We were the second highest scoring team and the three pronged attack kicked 116 goals between them.

I can't see the issue.

With Darcy and JUH on the improve and Naughton playing more of a CHF role up the ground abit, they are going to be even more dangerous in the future
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3 key forwards is a luxury no other team bothers with and it doesn't work. Naughton and Darcy would be fine

I'd trade him for Butters in a heart beat.

Naughton is never going back sadly.
    The curse is dead.

21. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post