Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  29
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brownlow Medal 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Bont polling lower than expected is actually a really good thing - clearly there was less reliance on him to shoot the lights out for us this year, and we got a for more even spread of contributors throughout the season. The "Bont or bust" years of 2021-2023 are thankfully behind us - they are obviously not behind Carlton, who are in a world of hurt until Cripps gets some proper help from the next tier. Ditto Collingwood with Daicos (unfortunately those pricks pinched one last year).

Bont's seasons in 2021 and 2023 were individually far better than 2024 IMO.
    Is Sedat low key the biggest optimist on this board?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t watch it but I care a bit too much that Bont wins one one year. Sadly I fear he was closest in 2021.

Post Thanks / Like

Richards with 6 votes. Expect that to change next year now that the umps know he's meant to be a good midfielder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Is Sedat low key the biggest optimist on this board?
    The QF debacle shook my optimism a bit, but I can definitely see what we were doing as a collective coaching group in 2024 (both tactically and personnel wise) to better adapt to the pace/ball movement expectations of today's footy compared to the antiquated "stoppage/territory domination or die" rubbish that we dished up in 2022-23.

My optimism doesn't quite extend to our ruck set-up.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched it til round 3 when Bont had 32 disposals etc and got 0 votes, so turned it off. I could see Cripps winning from there. Didn’t expect it that easily ofcourse, but I guess when the umpires give you a total of 14 votes in your last 7 games, when your team wins 2 of those games, then that says a lot of the system. And jai Newcombe gets more votes than Bont. Geez.
    I haven’t watched a full count for 5-6 years.
    I will never see #16 the same!!