Thanks Thanks:  115
Likes Likes:  686
Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1175
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Stevie J was 190cm wasn't he?
    "Small" forwards can get pretty tall, and if we can upgrade our pressure HFs I say we go for it.
    Oh yeah, added height shouldn’t count against him. If he is able to add pressure, his height is a bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I guess I see Weightman more as a marking target, him plus 3 KPFs isn't a great mix imo. We seemed to be squeezing one on the bench most games so maybe we'll just have to keep rotating them.
    Hayward and Heeney play similarly to Weightman and it works for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Stevie J was 190cm wasn't he?
    "Small" forwards can get pretty tall, and if we can upgrade our pressure HFs I say we go for it.
    Regarding Davidson, regardless of his height he doesn't play like a small forward which seems to be more of what we need.
    Most of his goals come from marks and flying for marks. If there is a thought that he would fit in nicely to our forward set-up and is an upgrade on Bedendo then he might be worth consideration. I don't normally get focused on players height because mostly if they're good enough they'll just find a way to be become a relevant player.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Hayward and Heeney play similarly to Weightman and it works for them.
    I think Heeney is more similar to the way we use Bont, Hayward I'll pay.

Maybe if we had better delivery I wouldn't have an issue with it.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Lukosius has requested a trade to Port Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Jack Lukosius has requested a trade to Port Adelaide.
    Not sure Lukosius is the type of player they need. No doubt skillfull…
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Would Port use him as a replacement for Houston? My understanding is Houston is used for his intercept ability and disposal running from the half back up the wings. I don't know if Lukocius has a great intercept game but his kicking off half back was deadly.

Post Thanks / Like

He will get plenty of opportunities up forward, with Dixon gone and Marshall with huge question marks. He's not a big dog but he and Georgiades are a talented one-two punch, and I suppose Esava can then just focus on doing the donkey work up forward with no other expectations. Lord is also developing but isn't there yet and Finlayson with his mediocre hair can also pinch hit up forward and 2nd ruck. They certainly won't be worse off with Lukosius in the team - he can play.

They definitely need to get some quality small forwards as well, and some more key position depth down back. They will also need to fill the hole soon to be left by Butters.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He will get plenty of opportunities up forward, with Dixon gone and Marshall with huge question marks. He's not a big dog but he and Georgiades are a talented one-two punch, and I suppose Esava can then just focus on doing the donkey work up forward with no other expectations. Lord is also developing but isn't there yet and Finlayson with his mediocre hair can also pinch hit up forward and 2nd ruck. They certainly won't be worse off with Lukosius in the team - he can play.

They definitely need to get some quality small forwards as well, and some more key position depth down back. They will also need to fill the hole soon to be left by Butters.
    Yep. Just because he doesn't fill the biggest need, doesn't mean he isn't a positive addition.

Their forward line is pretty poor and he will help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Regarding Davidson, regardless of his height he doesn't play like a small forward which seems to be more of what we need.
    Most of his goals come from marks and flying for marks. If there is a thought that he would fit in nicely to our forward set-up and is an upgrade on Bedendo then he might be worth consideration. I don't normally get focused on players height because mostly if they're good enough they'll just find a way to be become a relevant player.
    I really don't consider 'pressure HF' and a small forward to be the same position - and he might be that quality HF we lacked this year.
    If we can find a role for him and he can develop, pull the trigger. If we draft him to be (say) a fringe depth wingman, well we have a few of those already.

It's really how the club see his style of play and what role he'd play in the best 23.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

They're losing the best inside 50 kick in the competition this trade period - I suspect they will try and engineer a way to get Luko free and delivering inside 50 as much as possible.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

I agree he won't make them worse. But not sure he will make them better for the money he will get.

It is reported that Lukosius is on a back ended deal and owed $1.9-$2.0m. Is he worth $800k plus?

Personally, I don't think he is worth that type of money. He has been an almost player for his entire career and I can't see that changing at Port Adelaide.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Rumor Monger here with the latest BF news

Have also been told today the dogs 100% asked for SDK to be involved in any deal for Smith with a straight swap suggested. Whilst De Koning was open to the idea the cats refused outright.

Geelong poster on the Dogs board earlier mentioned they'd not do a trade involving SDK in no small part because they want to lure TDK

However I wonder if that budges at all if we get in SDKs ear and he openly requests a trade while the BS move is held up

14. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also Houston officially requested a trade to victoria. No club nominated and will be content to stay if a suitable deal isn't done. Kinda respect him not doing his club dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Soldo looking at a trade just one year after joining Port.

Saints keen
    Sounds like he will goto the Saints but didn't we try and bring him over from Richmond a few years back?