Likes Likes:  91
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Afl - w 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Afl - w 2024

Great to see the girls sing the song with gusto

https://x.com/7AFL/status/1837749108112519217
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks josie, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes Pleather Sole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The duck is broken

I see Eleanor Brown at the back of the huddle I wonder where's she at? Put back on the list but hasn't played a game.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    The duck is broken

I see Eleanor Brown at the back of the huddle I wonder where's she at? Put back on the list but hasn't played a game.
    Injured most of last season.

Good to see the new guard get a win.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Pritchard is going to be captain sooner rather than later. Gun.

7. Likes josie, The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The duck is broken

Not listed on the injury list. She’d be a starter based on talent, so either she’s still not completely right or her fitness isn’t back to where it needs to be. It’s very worrying.

Awesome win by the girls. Given I thought there was no way they’d win a game this year, that’s a great win. Probably hit the right team at the right time, but good to see some progress.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been watching the girls as close as I have in previous season, but I did think during the week the injury to Blackburn could be a blessing in disguise.

Rather than relying on our marquee player to win the game off her own boot they all took individual responsibility to get the job done.

Grigg is clearly a talent and a huge shout out to Alice Edmonds who I thought played an unheralded role in yesterday’s match.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes josie, Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not involved in eye catching passages but I really like Maggie Gorham. Moves & looks a bit like Elle and Maggie has been gritty in backline and looks skilful enough to possibly make it as a mid if needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Injured most of last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Not listed on the injury list. She’d be a starter based on talent, so either she’s still not completely right or her fitness isn’t back to where it needs to be. It’s very worrying.
    In her last game at the back end of 2022, she suffered a concussion... I believe her absence since then is related to this issue.

Given the length of time it is indeed worrying to if she will get back to playing.

13. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In her last game at the back end of 2022, she suffered a concussion... I believe her absence since then is related to this issue.

Given the length of time it is indeed worrying to if she will get back to playing.
    I think what HD and others are pondering is why she hasn't played since being re-added to the list after apparently recovering from her health issues. Perhaps still awaiting medical clearance?

Brown re-added to AFLW Primary List

The Western Bulldogs are pleased to confirm that Eleanor Brown has been re-added to the club?s AFLW Primary List.

Eleanor was unable to take the field last season due to health reasons and was subsequently placed on the club?s Inactive List at the end of the year.

Eleanor has since made significant progress and returned to the AFLW Bulldogs Primary List on April 1, 2024.

The AFL has provided exceptional circumstances approval to re-add Brown to the list without having to remove another player ahead of the 2024 Season.

The Club thanks the AFL for their understanding.

15. Thanks bornadog, Hotdog60 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that Ellie gets cleared to return soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I hope that Ellie gets cleared to return soon.
    Not this season. Apparently she cannot put weight on her foot for at least six weeks.
    More of an In Bruges guy?