BF Poster with the name VitalDread
    ok, thanks

From Gettable
    Players the dogs are looking at

• James Peatling GWS
    • Xavier o Halloran GWS
    • Dan Houston Port
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

What does Xavier O’Halloran even do. No thanks.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    According to this years stats, he’s a poor man’s Garcia.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

XOH tested highly for speed, agility and endurance. Perhaps we we see him playing as pressure forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    XOH tested highly for speed, agility and endurance. Perhaps we we see him playing as pressure forward.
    He was also Captain of Vic Metro, so has leadership qualities
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What does Xavier O?Halloran even do. No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    According to this years stats, he?s a poor man?s Garcia.
    This will be our marquee player in the off-season (should he not go elsewhere) and watch him line up in nearly every game for us in 2025.

Would he bring more than anyone on the fringe right now including the likes of Jack Macrae? The answer is probably no. Pointless.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds more like a VDM replacement. So that should at least make some here happy if that happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs fan. Did his acl in his draft year. It'd just be extra depth. No game changer.

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Dogs fan. Did his acl in his draft year. It'd just be extra depth. No game changer.
    I like him. Definitely not a world beater but cracks in and has a good leg. A bit more of polished version of Oscar Baker.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure we were into him like 3 seasons ago.

Have tried to pay attention to him a bit more when I watch GWS as a result. He has not stood out.

Basically a similiar standing to Garcia, not really a forward and has been unable to capitalise on the few good midfield chances he has been given.

At least Peatling has shown there is maybe a higher ceiling there.

I'd be reluctant to use a list spot on him, as I don't think he offers anything different and is very much in the Baker Poulter mould of fine but not really a best 22 guy.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    One from our mate (I assume)

I have no hope the Cats actually budge here but I like we're shaking the cage a bit. Has a bit of Tom Boyd about it (hopefully a bit longer term than that one though)
    You're assuming we're shaking the cage at all based off this one oddly specific post ("selling the idea of him Buss and JOD as the next pillars of our defense" seems like an obvious red flag to me. A strange thing to say and pass off as insider info). I certainly wouldn't be getting your hopes up.

Also, SDK is already a pillar of Geelong's defense so I don't see how selling him the idea of being a pillar in the Bulldogs defense would sway him. What could sway him would be a shitload more money would be my guess... but Geelong's handling of their finances
    is already an ongoing topic of discussion so who knows how much would be enough.

12. Likes bulldogtragic, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jDogs View Post
    You're assuming we're shaking the cage at all based off this one oddly specific post ("selling the idea of him Buss and JOD as the next pillars of our defense" seems like an obvious red flag to me. A strange thing to say and pass off as insider info). I certainly wouldn't be getting your hopes up.

Also, SDK is already a pillar of Geelong's defense so I don't see how selling him the idea of being a pillar in the Bulldogs defense would sway him. What could sway him would be a shitload more money would be my guess... but Geelong's handling of their finances
    is already an ongoing topic of discussion so who knows how much would be enough.
    I tend to agree it’s a weird pitch. Nothing about Jones, Lobb, Dale etc.

But ‘hey we’ve got a kid who hasn’t played yet and another kid who was playing cricket two years ago who is collecting concussions.’

That’s not selling me much. Has to be about years and dollars.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps he wants to come home to where his old man played, at Whitten oval? If only Terry played 70 odd more games!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Cal Twoomey reporting Dogs are chasing Xavier O'Halloran from the Giants.

Ex Western Jets boy who has one year to run on his contract.
    Given he grew up a Dogs fan, I've kept a particular eye on him when watching GWS games. Unfortunately, he's always seemed a poorly skilled and low output type of player.

I hope we don't get him.

Post Thanks / Like

Well they didn't show that this year throwing him into the ruck and not picking him for finals.

I'm not getting my hopes up because he's a contracted player and Geelong are stubborn ****s at the best of times with worse players.