Thanks Thanks:  344
Likes Likes:  2,181
Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195196197198199200201202203204205
Results 3,061 to 3,072 of 3072
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Not going to take his 20% cut?
    If the deal can't get done, 20% of nothing is nothing. I reckon Connors is right to be pissed off.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If the deal can't get done, 20% of nothing is nothing. I reckon Connors is right to be pissed off.
    I’d be royally pissed too. I’m sure he’ll get a good contract from Richmond or North…..
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d be royally pissed too. I’m sure he’ll get a good contract from Richmond or North…..
    True, but there will be no under-the-table folding stuff without Cotton On involved.

Also Brand Bailey will take a hit if there is some shady stuff that comes to the surface, which obviously reduces his future commercial prospects.

Post Thanks / Like

True, but there will be no under-the-table folding stuff without Cotton On involved.

Also Brand Bailey will take a hit if there is some shady stuff that comes to the surface, which obviously reduces his future commercial prospects.
    I’d like to be upset for him, but….

Screw ‘em all.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d like to be upset for him, but….

Screw ‘em all.
    I share that sentiment, but Connors has a huge stable and it plays in our favour to stay conciliatory (at least externally) with him and his team - he will be desperate to get the deal done to go to Geelong, and he knows that Smith's dumbass antics on the weekend have helped us potentially achieve a stronger result than otherwise might have been anticipated.

8. Likes DOG GOD, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I share that sentiment, but Connors has a huge stable and it plays in our favour to stay conciliatory (at least externally) with him and his team - he will be desperate to get the deal done to go to Geelong, and he knows that Smith's dumbass antics on the weekend have helped us potentially achieve a stronger result than otherwise might have been anticipated.
    Mackie doesn't do better result for someone else.
    We still have 0 hand I think Sedat and this is just adding to the public embarrassment for Boner Baz the $leazy $emi $mith.
    Why, it even make the Cats go it's clear he's a loose unit so we will pay less!

Post Thanks / Like

I get that, but we’ve done nothing wrong. Even if we go scorched earth he will know it was BS that created it and we are still on the moral high ground too. We don’t need to put his nose out, but his problems with BS are no longer anything to do with us. Thank ****ing Christ too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Mackie doesn't do better result for someone else.
    We still have 0 hand I think Sedat and this is just adding to the public embarrassment for Boner Baz the $leazy $emi $mith.
    Why, it even make the Cats go it's clear he's a loose unit so we will pay less!
    Nah I’m with Sedat 100%. Geelong & BS have overplayed their hands. We get what we want or Geelong get nothing and Brand Baz gets embarrassed. It’s a good thing in a perverse way.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah I’m with Sedat 100%. Geelong & BS have overplayed their hands. We get what we want or Geelong get nothing and Brand Baz gets embarrassed. It’s a good thing in a perverse way.
    It does sound nice

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It does sound nice
    We won’t get way overs or anything. But we now get something like a fair deal now. I’m sure BS will say he was just helping us get fair value for him being a non narcissist and all.

Post Thanks / Like

We've got a lot of cards to play and I agree it's not in our best interest in sending a scorched earth message with Connors and run the potential of alienating him and his stable. That said, we need to make a few points very clear to him.

1 - We worked as closely with Smith as we could and bent over backwards to accommodate him training away from the club and going overseas for a holiday etc.
    2 - We put in a few offers for him to consider and he chose to go somewhere else and that's fine and we wish him well.
    3 - With that said, we are bitterly disappointed with images of him sitting with a Geelong group in the preliminary final even allowing he is an ambassador for Cotton On and especially when he hasn't confirmed his preferred destination with us.
    4 - We will not accept a significantly unders offer from Geelong or any other club for a trade. We are open to picks this year and next, a pick and a player this year and two picks this year.
    5 - We can't be jerked around and engage in a game of brinkmanship with Geelong that delays the deal until the last minute. If this cannot be completed professionally and fairly then we will reluctantly walk him to the draft. An offer of a first round pick this year or next isn't going to get it done.
    6 - We would really appreciate the Connors Sports Management team working with Geelong to get this done if that is where he chooses but please understand that the extent of our flexibility is contained in point 4 and there isn't a lot of wiggle room.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The club wouldn’t have the balls to send him to the PSD, so we will end up being bent over with this. Pick 15 which will be like pick 20, and who knows after that.
    I will never see #16 the same!!