Thanks Thanks:  129
Likes Likes:  797
Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1305
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Pretty sure we were into him like 3 seasons ago.

Have tried to pay attention to him a bit more when I watch GWS as a result. He has not stood out.

Basically a similiar standing to Garcia, not really a forward and has been unable to capitalise on the few good midfield chances he has been given.

At least Peatling has shown there is maybe a higher ceiling there.

I'd be reluctant to use a list spot on him, as I don't think he offers anything different and is very much in the Baker Poulter mould of fine but not really a best 22 guy.
    Sounds like he'd be perfect for our list then...

Check out Xavier O'Halloran's Highlights from HAW v GWS, Rd 13 2024

This was his best game for the year, 15 touches and 4 goals. Reminds me of Ben Keays in that clip. 12 CBAs, 3 clearances.

But I watched 'highlights' of some other games and there wasn't much to get excited about. That game feels like an exception.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get why we chase these guys, where does a list hole scream out for someone like XOH?

I'd rather mine the state leagues and speculate on a player of need.

I liked Dalhaus from Werribee. Little goer small forward. But doesn't seem to be on any radars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I liked Dalhaus from Werribee. Little goer small forward. But doesn't seem to be on any radars.
    Depends on his motovation levels.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Depends on his motovation levels.
    Ha this is true

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I don't get why we chase these guys, where does a list hole scream out for someone like XOH?

I'd rather mine the state leagues and speculate on a player of need.

Worked with Biggs. That was only...10 years ago...

Post Thanks / Like

O'Halloran sounds like a cheap upgrade on Vandermeer, nothing exciting but any upgrades on our bottom six are needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    BF Poster with the name VitalDread
    I will say that in terms of the VFL, Jacob/VD is generally pretty accurate so he definitely has some sources. I can buy that his source has heard that we've made a play for SDK but outside of that we have no clue how it's proceeding.

9. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I will say that in terms of the VFL, Jacob/VD is generally pretty accurate so he definitely has some sources. I can buy that his source has heard that we've made a play for SDK but outside of that we have no clue how it's proceeding.
    Yep, and that's all he claims too. An offer is there. This is our pitch. Does the pitch appeal to him? Who knows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Vred?
    Not me. I don't post on BF, just lurk.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

12. Likes azabob, bornadog, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Pretty sure we were into him like 3 seasons ago.

Have tried to pay attention to him a bit more when I watch GWS as a result. He has not stood out.

Basically a similiar standing to Garcia, not really a forward and has been unable to capitalise on the few good midfield chances he has been given.

At least Peatling has shown there is maybe a higher ceiling there.

I'd be reluctant to use a list spot on him, as I don't think he offers anything different and is very much in the Baker Poulter mould of fine but not really a best 22 guy.
    Would he be available as a delisted player next season?

Post Thanks / Like

In my mind, Xavier has capacity to find a role in a good team as a meat and potatoes, foot soldier type. That sounds like a low ceiling and a harsh assessment but he’s got some qualities I think counter the concerns around the level of hardness in the list. You need foot soldiers and if they have a bit of talent there to squeeze more juice out of, then it might be worth a shot.

I’d love to see him pull on our colours from a personal view. The family would treasure it, I am sure.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

15. Likes Testekill, Sedat, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Not me. I don't post on BF, just lurk.
    Then my assumption was false

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    In my mind, Xavier has capacity to find a role in a good team as a meat and potatoes, foot soldier type. That sounds like a low ceiling and a harsh assessment but he’s got some qualities I think counter the concerns around the level of hardness in the list. You need foot soldiers and if they have a bit of talent there to squeeze more juice out of, then it might be worth a shot.

I’d love to see him pull on our colours from a personal view. The family would treasure it, I am sure.
    All fair points but normally when we target a player we have a specific role in mind. I doubt we would target a contracted player without a specific role and given last year we targeted Harmes to seemingly fill that foot solider type role.
    I'd say if the interest in O'Halloran is real then we have a spot we want him to fill.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    All fair points but normally when we target a player we have a specific role in mind. I doubt we would target a contracted player without a specific role and given last year we targeted Harmes to seemingly fill that foot solider type role.
    I'd say if the interest in O'Halloran is real then we have a spot we want him to fill.
    According to Tom Morris we are all in.

GWS midfielder Xavier O'Halloran met the @westernbulldogs on Monday ahead of a potential trade. Dogs offering a multi-year deal.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

That is just a whole lot of nothing.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -