Thanks Thanks:  129
Likes Likes:  799
Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 357576777879808182838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1306
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Daniel is contracted and was playing good footy at the end of the year once he got back in. I’d want 22 straight up. Can we please stop being so damn nice to everybody.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Daniel is contracted and was playing good footy at the end of the year once he got back in. I?d want 22 straight up. Can we please stop being so damn nice to everybody.
    I don?t see it as nice. I just don?t see his value near 22 on its own. Perhaps a F2 might do it, but we obviously can?t use it until next year unless it?s on traded for a player. I think player values are starting to come back a little bit, especially if players are requesting trades out with some question marks about where they fit in, so I?d rather hypothesise trades on the low side than go the other way.

Nothing would make me happier than 22 for CD. But I just can?t see it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Daniel is contracted and was playing good footy at the end of the year once he got back in. I’d want 22 straight up. Can we please stop being so damn nice to everybody.
    I'd prefer to keep Daniel - his finish to the season was very good and showed he still has a key role to play for us. It would have to be overs by a fair way for me to entertain a move on Caleb, and only if he personally nominated a move to North - how many more high-end pick do they actually need?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

4. Likes EasternWest, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We can't move both Macrae and Caleb. We also can't keep shipping players out if they aren't best 15. At worst, Daniel is a good 15-25 player.

XOH isn't a 'sexy' pick, but I think he's an upgrade on one of (maybe both) of VDM and McNeil. These two are very limited and have zero offensive ability. XOH is pretty hard at it, and whilst I wouldn't go as far to 'rate' his offensive game, it's a bit better than the other two.

I wouldn't want to be giving up much of anything for him though.
    W00F!

6. Likes EasternWest, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    We can't move both Macrae and Caleb. We also can't keep shipping players out if they aren't best 15. At worst, Daniel is a good 15-25 player.

XOH isn't a 'sexy' pick, but I think he's an upgrade on one of (maybe both) of VDM and McNeil. These two are very limited and have zero offensive ability. XOH is pretty hard at it, and whilst I wouldn't go as far to 'rate' his offensive game, it's a bit better than the other two.

I wouldn't want to be giving up much of anything for him though.
    Agree with this. Probably the only thing I'd say (and I can't believe I'm actually saying this) but I think McNeill has earned the right next year to see if he can actually make his place in the side a permanent one. I'm not sure I've seen anyone since LAS Addison straight up try so hard as he did this season. In my opinion that counts for something.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'd prefer to keep Daniel - his finish to the season was very good and showed he still has a key role to play for us. It would have to be overs by a fair way for me to entertain a move on Caleb, and only if he personally nominated a move to North - how many more high-end pick do they actually need?
    Agree on only trading him if that’s something he requests. I think we needed for cap purposes to lose one of JM or CD. Jack already has come out apparently. So we don’t NEED to do this, unless it on balance improves the playing stock we have.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Butters reported to have met Geelong and Sam Power in discussions for a FA move next year.

Come home lad.

2 mins in

11. Thanks Axe Man thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The trap of letting perfection get in the way of improvement isn't something you should fall into during trade periods.

Does XOH improve our depth and possibly slot into the 22 in front of incumbents? Yes. So if he can be traded in at the right price then great, go for it.

Holding out for the perfect player to trade in isn't realistic, and while I want to hit the draft for future needs we can't stagnate now in order to wait for the draftees to mature.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

13. Likes Sedat, Testekill, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Butters reported to have met Geelong and Sam Power in discussions for a FA move next year.

Come home lad.

2 mins in

Butters **** Geelong, you belong at the dogs.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Agree with this. Probably the only thing I'd say (and I can't believe I'm actually saying this) but I think McNeill has earned the right next year to see if he can actually make his place in the side a permanent one. I'm not sure I've seen anyone since LAS Addison straight up try so hard as he did this season. In my opinion that counts for something.
    Even I have to admit McNeil's efforts were consistently high. One of few to hold his head high from the EF too.

Long term I just don't think he has the ability to be what we need and in truth I'd rather we look to draft replacements for he/VDM than pick up XOH, but it's all dependent on cost.

Clarke's inability to make an impact has really hurt us.
    W00F!

16. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Come home lad.

2 mins in

If true, then free up the cap space this year, bank it next year, and offer a shitload of cash next year.

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Come home lad.

2 mins in

LOL imagine if he chose Geelong. Honestly I'd give up.

And you know it'll happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Butters **** Geelong, you belong at the dogs.
    Well there goes getting my hopes up
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

That is too ****ing funny. Whether Butters comes across or not we all should take pride in having achieved something to make our club even a little bit better.

22. Likes Grantysghost, hujsh, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing with Butters is with Macrae gone, Daniel maybe gone as well and having shrewdly taken on no salary or assets for Smith by forcing him to play for Richmond, we can probably offer him like $3m. I’d take that if I was him.

24. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post