Thanks Thanks:  405
Likes Likes:  2,375
Page 309 of 309 FirstFirst ... 209259299300301302303304305306307308309
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 4635
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our exes...................

Apparently Darcy would rather quit than work with Kane and Caro.

Media Street: Channel 7 and Triple M commentator Luke Darcy walking away from the media

The football media landscape is changing dramatically with an AFL great to walk out the door completely, following the defections of Kane Cornes and Caroline Wilson.

Channel 7 and Triple M commentator Luke Darcy is walking away from the media.

The former Western Bulldogs captain is set to pull up stumps following the Grand Final to focus on his family?s flourishing business empire.

Darcy has been one of the most versatile and respected media figures over the past 15 years, holding a number of different gigs including hosting the Hot Breakfast on Triple M with Eddie McGuire for 11 years.

The 49-year-old has been one of Seven?s stars since 2011 whether in the commentary box or hosting roles on Talking Footy and the 2020 Olympics. He has also worked on some of the network?s lifestyle offerings, co-hosting on the House of Wellness.

Darcy?s shock exit comes as a huge shake-up of the football media landscape with a number of big names switching networks.

Seven needs to clear some space in the coffers after new sport boss Chris Jones? audacious poaching raid on rival Channel 9, signing Footy Classified panellists Kane Cornes and Caroline Wilson.

Ironically, Darcy made headlines last year when he clashed on-air with Cornes, calling the SEN shock jock out for his style saying he had no friends in the industry.

And last week Darcy let on Triple M that veteran sports anchor Tim Watson was set to vacate his position at the end of the year.

Darcy, who played 226 games with the Dogs between 1994-2007, is also a board member at the Western Bulldogs and is keen to spend more time watching his son Sam who is a rising star of the competition.

He also has plenty of business ventures to fall back on.

Darcy?s Bali wellness spa, Sukhavati Ayurvedic Retreat and Spa, situated in a rural village near hotspot Canggu, is popular among AFL types with Nathan Buckley and his partner, Brodie Ryan, recently returning from a self-discovering detox.

The Darcy family has long been involved in the Melbourne pub scene and owned a number of city venues including Melbourne Public on South Wharf.

Darcy is also the co-founder of the Aleda Collective, a consultancy business working with business leaders, coaches and educators. He also has a podcast called ?Empowering Leaders?.

The former ruckman has previously been mooted for politics and reportedly introduced leader of the Opposition Peter Dutton to meditation.

2. Thanks azabob, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now he gets to be a full time footy dad and not miss a game, no more working others. Lucky guy.
    The curse is dead.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have no friends in the media.

Post Thanks / Like

Footy is going to become even more sufferable to watch on free to air.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    The former ruckman has previously been mooted for politics and reportedly introduced leader of the Opposition Peter Dutton to meditation.
    This sentence needs massive stink lines drawn around it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cornes and Wilson won't be involved in the actual match coverage, surely?

This might open a door for Jason Bennett to commentate more aflm matches which would be a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Cornes and Wilson won't be involved in the actual match coverage, surely?

This might open a door for Jason Bennett to commentate more aflm matches which would be a good thing.
    I think Kane Cornes will. He does commentary for SEN.

Wilson would have no idea and interest in commentary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Yeah he is a bit of a RWNJ
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Maybe he could introduce him to some compassion.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

13. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Maybe he could introduce him to some compassion.
    Frankly it'd be much more fun to send the Wog Squad around to teach him some 'compassion' ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

15. Likes bornadog, The Underdog, merantau, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Watching the WAFL Prelim and why if that isn?t Brad Lynch playing for Swan Districts and giving away a free kick for an unrealistic marking attempt.
    I regularly google his name. Was a big fan.

Post Thanks / Like

Former Western Bulldog Robbie McComb has joined the SFNL

Former Western Bulldog Robbie McComb has returned to local footy full time. He talks about his decision, his exit from the top level and what he hopes to achieve at his new club.

He?ll remain in red and blue.

Former Western Bulldog Robbie McComb has stepped away from VFL to join Southern league power Port Melbourne Colts.

McComb, who played 18 AFL games and won a VFL best and fairest, will join brother Luke at JL Murphy Reserve.

The Colts was also the home of former AFL men Michael Hibberd, Tom Bellchambers, Josh Caddy and Dane Swan at the end of 2024.

McComb watched the Colts at every opportunity he could this year and liked what he saw.

?I know a few of the boys from going down and watching Luke, it seems like a really good club, the boys get around each other,? he said.

?I know Charlie Clark from the Dogs has a connection there as well.

?Luke loves it down at the Colts and I just wanted to play with him so that was the deciding factor I think.?

The reuniting of the McCombs was always a matter of when rather than if.

But Robbie waited until his AFL door was officially closed before returning to local footy.

He signed at VFL giant Port Melbourne in a bid to return back to AFL level after being delisted by the Dogs at the end of 2023.

Injuries hindered McComb?s 2024 and they led to him committing to the Colts.

?I think that first year out of the system everything has to go your way and I had a few injuries and missed a lot of the season,? he said.

?It wasn?t ideal but it sort of confirmed or it was easier to accept that it was over and I could just relax a bit.

?So now I am looking forward to having a bit more fun playing footy and playing with my brother.?

McComb is no stranger to playing in successful local footy sides, winning two Eastern league premierships at Vermont.

He has hopes of reaching the premiership dais again.

?There?s nothing better than winning a flag, it?s the best feeling in the world and I want to go back and do it again,? he said.

?It sounds like we?re going to have a pretty good side down there which is good.?

McComb, 28, has recovered from the injuries which ruined his 2024 and is confident in the footy he can produce.

?The body is all good; the main one was the ankle, I did ligaments and a bit of tendon stuff, I had a little hip and then fractured my hand at the end of the season,? he said.

?That was a bit annoying ? play one, miss two, play two, miss three, it was a bit like that.

?I think I am definitely in that prime, I was fit as this pre-season going into this year and the body is fine, I can cover as much of the ground as I could at 25 (years old at the Dogs)

?I can still train and recover well so I think I have some good footy left for sure.?

Luke McComb made the Southern league Division 1 team of the year in his first campaign at the Colts.

But when asked about helping his brother out on field, Robbie joked ?I might just run past and get the handball?.

18. Thanks bornadog, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere but Lachie Hunter has retired.

199 games.

He was a big time contributor for us for a long time, the last few years not so much. Best of luck to him.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if anyone caught this, but Ex-Footscray and genuine Eker Darcy Fort is lining up in the GF for the injured McInerney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Not sure if anyone caught this, but Ex-Footscray and genuine Eker Darcy Fort is lining up in the GF for the injured McInerney.
    Sometimes being the under study pays off. Good luck to him
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

22. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post