Thanks Thanks:  351
Likes Likes:  2,221
Page 207 of 209 FirstFirst ... 107157197198199200201202203204205206207208209 LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3126
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do players entering the PSD have to nominate terms? That's probably not something the Cats want to be made known. They have a very strict payment structure with players and it might not be in their interest to have that information leaked out.
    I think we have a few cards to play so I don't see it was all gloomy as some others clearly see it.
    Smith being part of the Connors group makes it a bit harder to walk him to the PSD but it is an option because I don't think Connors can ask us to take a lesser deal. He clearly rates his client and must know the Cats do have the capital to offer a fair deal. A pick pushed back to the 20's won't meet that.

This is from their own website:

Contract Negotiation

The art of contract negotiation can be a delicate and protracted process. Experience and timing are crucial. At CSM, we work relentlessly to secure the best deals for clients that are both fair and equitable.

I don't think the Cats would want him to go to the PSD and run the risk of another club selecting him. Connors certainly won't want that to happen. Perhaps he can help us in another deal to land a player we want but they'll have to come up with something good.
    Time will tell but I don't see us being forced to accept a really bad deal.
    It would be good if they have to nominate terms as he would definitely be snapped up by Richmond. Isn't it part of the issue that the majority of his funds will be coming via the "marketing agreement" with Cotton On. The Geelong contract is supposedly standard and nothing out of the ordinary.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of us have moved jobs for one reason or another and especially when you are young so I don't begrudge him for that. I just don't appreciate the way he's gone about it and it smacks of a very self focused and entitled attitude.
    Good luck to you Bailey you will leave with my blessing but not my support.
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

Post Thanks / Like

Now he?s saying he?s ?outgrown? the Bulldogs. Jog on ****wit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Say what!?!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Where did he say that Comrade?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

“You never know, I still love the club that’s what people forget,’’ Smith said of the Bulldogs.

“But there’s a level of when you outgrow a place, or you just need a fresh change for whatever reason. I still love them, they’re still my mates. I won’t get too deep into it. I feel like I’d be doing myself a disservice for the player I want to become and the person I want to become by staying in the same environment but we’ll see.”

Source:https://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...de6d5aa378?amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Where did he say that Comrade?
    https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/baile...ogs-c-16195158
    The curse is dead.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He has outgrown us. Can you get more condescending than that? His brand is too big for the Bulldogs?

Post Thanks / Like

?There?s a level of when you outgrow a place, or you just need a fresh change for whatever reason?

The star midfielder has spoken out about how he ?outgrew? the Western Bulldogs and how he?s trying to fall in love with footy again.

Bailey Smith has revealed the real reasons for wanting to depart the Western Bulldogs, with his manager saying it?s still up in the air where he will land.

The star midfielder, speaking on a panel at the EJ Whitten Grand Final Legends Lunch organised by RULE prostate cancer, revealed he fell out of love with the game but has regained his passion after injuring his knee.

?You never know, I still love the club that?s what people forget,?? Smith said of the Bulldogs.

?But there?s a level of when you outgrow a place, or you just need a fresh change for whatever reason. I still love them, they?re still my mates. I won?t get too deep into it. I feel like I?d be doing myself a disservice for the player I want to become and the person I want to become by staying in the same environment but we?ll see.?

Smith?s manager Paul Connors said when asked if Geelong was the preferred destination: ?Amazingly we?re still working through that.?

Smith, 23, said he?d started having a kick with his Dad and with former footy star turned commentator Dale Thomas.

?I could sort of resent all the headlines I?ve had, all the not so good stuff I?ve done, or the pressure that comes with the way you have to look, all that sort of shit, but it?s also made me learn to value less superficial stuff,?? he said.

?The whole AFL player image stuff and just learn to love the game. I just go for a kick during the week and just learn to love footy at its barest. I kick the footy with my dad and try to fall in love with the game again because I did fall out of love with it for a bit.

?And it?s taken an injury to really, really love it and miss it again because it can get clouded by everything that?s happening.?

Smith spoke on a panel alongside Connors, Gerard Whateley and Ben Cousins, with current Bulldogs board member Luke Darcy hosting.

Darcy admitted it was heartbreaking to lose a player of Smith?s ability.

?It?s heartbreaking, it is because there?s a lot of love for Bailey,?? he said.

?When you see Bailey come into the room and he?s got so much respect and love. We understand the way the system works ? the AFL want players to move.?

He joked: ?If I was doing the deal Jeremy Cameron and two first round picks (in exchange). But he is a young superstar the most marketable player in the game.?

Smith, who has the most followers on Instagram of any AFL player, said he wants to be known for his footy.

?I?ve probably struggled with it (attention) because first and foremost I love football and that?s what I want to be known for,?? he said.

?And people see all the shit I put out on Instagram and all that stuff, that?s the one thing that does get me up in the morning and makes me tick is the game itself and training. That?s my mission in next 10-12 years is to really leave my legacy ? that?s getting a bit too deep ? but to be more football oriented than all the stuff that?s been thrown up so far.?

More than 500 guests attended the lunch, including Jo Silvagni, Steve Hooker, Michael Christian, Titus O?Reily and the second panel members Leigh Matthews, Erin Phillips, Ray Chamberlain and Laura Kane.

11. Thanks bornadog, kruder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dislike him even more now. Gee whiz. Who is advising this kid.

Post Thanks / Like

**** you Bailey. **** you. **** you. **** you and **** you.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I dislike him even more now. Gee whiz. Who is advising this kid.
    What a douche he is - bloody wanker
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, send him to the draft for his personal growth journey. This **** is shitting all over us and doesn’t give a **** in the process.

Scorched earth. Let’s see the Cotton On books and the Geelong books.

Post Thanks / Like

"And people see all the shit I put out on Instagram and all that stuff, that's the one thing that does get me up in the morning and makes me tick is the game itself and training. That's my mission in next 10-12 years is to really leave my legacy ... that's getting a bit too deep ... but to be more football oriented than all the stuff that's been thrown up so far."

Words are cheap Baz. Words are cheap. Action is all that matters and your actions since the Grand Final is the opposite to this. You care more about partying, got caught up in your own brand and off field ventures and forgot that playing football is primarily about being part of a team.

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey it is not that deep my man. I’m actually in awe of how much of a wanker he is at this point.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -