Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Grand Final thread

Apparently Callum Mills has just been ruled out of the GF. On form they aren't actually missing much - he was just going since his return. I wonder if that opens the door for Taylor Adams to come in, or will they go Robbie Fox as a more versatile sub/option instead?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grand Final thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Apparently Callum Mills has just been ruled out of the GF. On form they aren't actually missing much - he was just going since his return. I wonder if that opens the door for Taylor Adams to come in, or will they go Robbie Fox as a more versatile sub/option instead?
    It will depend on if they want defensive support in Fox or midfield impact which could be Taylor Adams.

Brisbane biggest weapons are in the forward half of the ground. I think they would go in with No Change and keep Fox as the sub.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I agreed with you (I think it was you anyway) on playing him being a free hit, because either he does his string again immediately or was probably gonna be fine, but apparently Swans have some pretty bad PTSD from playing unfit guys in 2016 and 2022.

But yeah OMac is a much bigger out.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I agreed with you (I think it was you anyway) on playing him being a free hit
    I said that about Oscar Mac and him popping his shoulder again, which goes to show how little I know about footy. I thought they could just load him up with elephant juice and pop it back in again - easy for me to say!

Post Thanks / Like

I said that about Oscar Mac and him popping his shoulder again, which goes to show how little I know about footy. I thought they could just load him up with elephant juice and pop it back in again - easy for me to say!
    I think if Oscar Mac didn't pop out his shoulder the second time they may well have taken the risk.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Can Brisbane end the Vic. bias and become the first team outside Victoria to lose back-to-back Grand Finals?

Post Thanks / Like

I was kinda hoping Swans win as I don?t like Dunkley (for unknown reasons I didn?t warm to him that much even when he played for us, and especially so after he wanted out to bummers). Also the whole Hawks alleged racism saga make me a bit meh about Brissy coach.

However I really like Daniher who seems to have a happy go lucky attitude with good sportsmanship and is fun to watch when not playing us. Also most of the Lions players seem reasonably likeable.

Also think Heeney appears to be a really good role model/bloke too, plus an out and out gun player, a bit like our Bont.

Great for Fitzroy & South Melbourne fans to have an exciting week too. So I?m now hoping it?s a good, tough, high skilled GF without a blowout (if it is to be one of those one sided affairs hope it?s Swans), and am not too fussed who wins.

Interested to hear which team, if any, woofers are gonna barrack for & why?
    Last edited by josie; Today at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Not Brisbane. Yes Dunkley is there but more importantly Fagan in there. Swans are deserving winners this year. Might stop bitching about 2016 if they win too

9. Likes Mofra, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Not Brisbane. Yes Dunkley is there but more importantly Fagan in there. Swans are deserving winners this year. Might stop bitching about 2016 if they win too
    I hope they win with a dodgy free after the siren. It would be amazing to return serve after all these years

And #sampiwasheld starts trending again
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

11. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Prediction time....

Swans by 10 points after being behind all day.

I reckon the Lions are the better side however they've come from fifth and it's impossible to win from outside the top 4.

Grundy will own Fort too.

Norm : Heeney
    FG : Joe!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I hope they win with a dodgy free after the siren. It would be amazing to return serve after all these years

And #sampiwasheld starts trending again
    I have been saying this about the Swans for a couple of months.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney are such sooks and for one of the most advantaged teams going around they love to talk about how hard done by they are. Plus Papley.

So Brisbane I guess.

However, Fagan and Zorko make it hard. And I do think the idea of Dunkley having 3 GF losses to his name is appealing.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll be going for Brisbane I think.

Attending this year as I have for the last few years also. Hoping for a game more like 2023 than 2022.

Bailey for the Norm and Joe for first goal.
    Have you heard Butters wants to come to the Dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really care who wins, all I want is a close game
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Tied at full time.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023