Thanks Thanks:  130
Likes Likes:  811
Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 397980818283848586878889
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1330
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    That’s what I was thinking too. In what world is 43 considered a second round pick?

The salary factor is a compelling one. I’m sure it helps us with any recruitment we have in the pipeline along with a few top tier players coming out of contract in 2025 (from what information I can gather on contracts).

Weird Jack wants to go to Saints but I guess they’re offering him midfield starting time and probably not many others are.
    Non sensical ‘reporting’…

Realistically, the Saints should just do 43 and make this the first trade. If they want him and have got him to nominate and the salary doesn’t bother them, then pick 43 (46+ after compo added in) is a bargain for them. It’s a natural last half of the third round pick.

And what bargain is the contracted Macrae and his management going to drive against us?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Won’t offer Pick 43.
    Will offer 3rd (or 4th) round pick.

Pick 43 (Pick 46 after at least 3 compo picks for Battle, Cumming & Perryman added) IS a third round pick.

What? Make it make sense.
    If Ralph has it anyway right in terms of the Saints being prepared to take on Macraes full salary then that will give us a lot of scope going forward.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If Ralph has it anyway right in terms of the Saints being prepared to take on Macraes full salary then that will give us a lot of scope going forward.
    Ralph says they won’t offer Pick 43 - a third rounder.

Then says they will offer a third or fourth rounder.

Which is it? They aren’t offering a third, or they are offering a third. It’s literally the opposite reporting in two paragraphs?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ralph says they won’t offer Pick 43 - a third rounder.

Then says they will offer a third or fourth rounder.

Which is it? They aren’t offering a third, or they are offering a third. It’s literally the opposite reporting in two paragraphs?
    Maybe a worse 3rd rounder from other trades but not 43

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Maybe a worse 3rd rounder from other trades but not 43
    Perhaps, then the reporting should be Silvagni is a ****ing idiot. Gets Macrae to request a trade but won’t trade 43 but will trade 49? Kind of ridiculous if that’s the line from SOS.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps, then the reporting should be Silvagni is a ****ing idiot. Gets Macrae to request a trade but won’t trade 43 but will trade 49? Kind of ridiculous if that’s the line from SOS.
    I think they call that 'old news'

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they call that 'old news'
    Touch?.

If Silvagni wants to be the new Dodoro then so be it. I honestly thought this was one of the easiest trades to complete for all the parties at 43 (likely 46).

Post Thanks / Like

Touch?.

If Silvagni wants to be the new Dodoro then so be it. I honestly thought this was one of the easiest trades to complete for all the parties at 43 (likely 46).
    Took a long time to do Coffield and probably only really worked because we were also accounting for points and picks after points. Was Coffield 52 and 56 for 40

Post Thanks / Like

Took a long time to do Coffield and probably only really worked because we were also accounting for points and picks after points. Was Coffield 52 and 56 for 40
    And the F4 with Dow involved I think it was. It sounds like he wants to drag it out… so be it. It’ll get done, but sometimes you have to wonder why this posturing is played out in negotiations or the media.

Post Thanks / Like

St Kilda being by far the worst team at the trade table for over a decade only to bring in Steve Silvagni as a list manager is the type of unintentional comedy that you wouldn’t believe if it was scripted.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes bornadog liked this post