Thanks Thanks:  131
Likes Likes:  813
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990
Results 1,336 to 1,341 of 1341
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Pragmatic deals just seem to be becoming harder to get done. Perhaps there is a mindset of if we can screw them for a bit more and drag it out then we stop them from getting other deals done. No one should get screwed over but I guess recruiting managers need to show that they somehow got a reasonable deal.
    This one should be an easy one to complete and hopefully SoS will see it's in everyone's interest to get it done early.
    Fingers crossed. Pick 46 for a starting midfielder is a good deal since they rate him enough to get him to request the trade. I think I’m just getting too old and looking at stuff like this thinking ‘for god sake, like should be simpler’.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Someone on BF posted similar trades from last year.

I feel like Adams is a fair comparison so if anything 43 is a little unders. Macrae's salary supposedly starts to dip and averages to like 600k for the remainder so it's not like he'll be on outrageous coin.

This isn't to say I expect pick 20-whatever for him, just that the posturing seems a bit out of line.
    Pick 46 after the compo shuffles it back is unders. But only for respect to Jack we should do it. That?s the confounding point. If you win something, just be happy and move on.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Pick 46 after the compo shuffles it back is unders. But only for respect to Jack we should do it. That?s the confounding point. If you win something, just be happy and move on.
    For the right club, and I think the Saints are a good fit for him, he's actually worth a pick in the low 30's. Pick 43 is a great pick for them to give for his services and experience.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    For the right club, and I think the Saints are a good fit for him, he's actually worth a pick in the low 30's. Pick 43 is a great pick for them to give for his services and experience.
    Well, we will see soon enough. Just a couple of weeks to go.

Post Thanks / Like

With Macrae, if we get his entire salary off our books, I am pretty to just trade him for whatever and move on. Give his current role, we would be paying him overs for 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    With Macrae, if we get his entire salary off our books, I am pretty to just trade him for whatever and move on. Give his current role, we would be paying him overs for 3 years.
    Yep, saints would have come to this conclusion as well. If we want his salary off the books his past achievements unfortunately mean little in this scenario.