Thanks Thanks:  357
Likes Likes:  2,253
Page 212 of 212 FirstFirst ... 112162202203204205206207208209210211212
Results 3,166 to 3,169 of 3169
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    What's the point though? Players have to agree to the trade and the PSD option, I think it's a bit of a hollow threat as he will end up where he wants to go anyway. Just front load the contract and renegotiate whenever. The AFL don't really care about integrity unless it's a massive PR storm and media either dislike or don't care about us. Totally get the emotional output of saying '**** Geelong, send him to the PSD' but ultimately, it will just hurt us.
    The PSD threat didn?t hurt Port that much when they sent Stevens there and won the premiership the next year. We have a pick before Geelong and not sure why we couldn’t front end it either.
    Not sure what happened with Luke Ball and the national draft. Saints to pies.
    We lose pick 15 which we don?t have yet for a player that didn?t play this year and was poor in 2022/23.

We also show we can’t be pushed over like the rest of the league thinks after the Dunkley and Stringer trades.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    The PSD threat didn?t hurt Port that much when they sent Stevens there and won the premiership the next year. We have a pick before Geelong and not sure why we couldn’t front end it either.
    We lose pick 15 which we don?t have yet for a player that didn?t play this year and was poor in 2022/23.

We also show we can’t be pushed over like the rest of the league thinks after the Dunkley and Stringer trades.
    Will they really think that? I think the last team that said stuff it, we will send him to the PSD were the Suns with Jack Martin and I don’t think it changed much at all.

I get your sentiment (I think) and if it actually changed anything, I’d definitely be with you, but I don’t think it would. Nice and totally understandable as a vent/FU but unlike fans, Power and co. have to deal with business.

3. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Will they really think that? I think the last team that said stuff it, we will send him to the PSD were the Suns with Jack Martin and I don’t think it changed much at all.

I get your sentiment (I think) and if it actually changed anything, I’d definitely be with you, but I don’t think it would. Nice and totally understandable as a vent/FU but unlike fans, Power and co. have to deal with business.
    2019 Suns(last) couldn’t afford $1M Martin put on his head and Melbournes(2nd last) didn’t save a pick in the psd. Carlton was 3rd last.
    This year before Geelong there are 14 other possible picks including ours.
    Martin was a bust too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post

We need to be really strong here, especially dealing with clubs like the Cats who can be a pain in the ass to work with, but unfortunately i can't see our club doing this (but we should), we should really stick with demanding two first round picks, they know Baz is a gun, they even mentioned that in a statement recently therefor we hold them to that, otherwise we start talking with other clubs, i wonder if they are being spooked by this Cotton-On investigation?