Thanks Thanks:  357
Likes Likes:  2,262
Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 113163203204205206207208209210211212213
Results 3,181 to 3,186 of 3186
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I think we need to stop referring to this year's pick as a first - it will be 20, which realistically is a second round pick. And every chance that next year is the same (if they even offer another 'first').

Pretty much the best deal we can hope for is 2x pick 20 odd (assuming Cats continue as usual and make a prelim).
    We all know where Geelong's picks this year are situated and future picks are always a lottery. The point is it's already at a discount so I don't understand why so many think we should accept inferior offers because apparently something is better than nothing.

It's an unlikely scenario to put a player into the PSD and if our supporters are okay with a couple of picks for next year then we won't need to but just accepting whatever they offer isn't okay with me.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Because they'd be signing a player who doesn't want to be there on an inflated short term contract. There's also the Mental Health aspect, whether it's real or just playing a card. He will nominate a deal that's basically fake and then re-negotiate deal with Geelong. It's bullshit but we know the AFL won't do anything about it. We also know the AFL media narrative will be about us being belligerent rather than it being tantamount to draft tampering.
    They can back themselves in to convince him that Punt Rd is the way - he’d suit their rebuild and the douche will get big crowds and the perfect market for whatever canned sh$t he sells.

Richmond would almost be a win win if we harbor any real ambition to challenge the next 2 years.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    They can back themselves in to convince him that Punt Rd is the way - he’d suit their rebuild and the douche will get big crowds and the perfect market for whatever canned sh$t he sells.

Richmond would almost be a win win if we harbor any real ambition to challenge the next 2 years.
    And lose that Cotton On deal that’s technically not linked to Geelong but we know it 100% is? It’s draft/trade/player tampering but we know AFL will look the other way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We all know where Geelong's picks this year are situated and future picks are always a lottery. The point is it's already at a discount so I don't understand why so many think we should accept inferior offers because apparently something is better than nothing.

It's an unlikely scenario to put a player into the PSD and if our supporters are okay with a couple of picks for next year then we won't need to but just accepting whatever they offer isn't okay with me.
    Always add a buffer year to a contract and never let them run out for a young player like Baz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I'm with you on the structure of what is acceptable. I just think saying 'two first round picks' is so misleading because it's actually pick 20 and likely pick 15+. The first round these days stretches to 25 picks half the time.

Two top 20 picks is my preference.
    If the offer was pick 20 this year and their future second I wouldn't accept.

6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like the Judd deal with Pratt for Carltom, Smiths Cotton-on link with Geelong looks really suss. It could all be above board, but perceptions matter.

For the sake of being perceived to do the right thing the AFL should deny the Bailey Smith trade to Geelong. Any other team, no problems. But the Geelong move looks bad for the integrity of the competition and should be a no go.