Thanks Thanks:  138
Likes Likes:  820
Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 418182838485868788899091
Results 1,351 to 1,362 of 1362
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Hun reporting North going hard at Daniel. Spoke with him last week and have an ongoing dialogue about where he fits into their plans and plan to rise up the ladder. Apparently Daniel will keep talking to them this week and advise both clubs of his intentions later this week.

Hun reckons he is worth a second rounder. They have pick 22 which will probably slide to 28 on draft night.

Also expect long gagging over Pick 43 for Jack and with BS.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks hujsh, kickit2Koly, josie thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Port Adelaide are furious with Carlton and don't even want to deal with them until they are willing to offer up Pick 11. They are talking via Houston's manager, they aren't talking directly to each other." - Sam Edmund

My guess is Carlton is 'where I want to go' and North is 'an alternative that will at least have currency to get me back to Vic/ a way to force Carlton to be a bit serious about making the trade work.'

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hun reporting North going hard at Daniel. Spoke with him last week and have an ongoing dialogue about where he fits into their plans and plan to rise up the ladder. Apparently Daniel will keep talking to them this week and advise both clubs of his intentions later this week.

Hun reckons he is worth a second rounder. They have pick 22 which will probably slide to 28 on draft night.

Also expect long gagging over Pick 43 for Jack and with BS.
    I really like Caleb and think he can still play some good footy for us plus he's an excellent character, but a pick in the 20s would soften the blow considerably. If he does decide to go, that feels like a win for both parties.

It's kind of the inverse of the Macrae haggling. Jack's contracted for three more years, played some decent AFL footy last year, we don't need to get his cash off the books for 2025 and he is in and around our best 22. If they don't want to pay what he's worth, I'm fine with hanging onto him for an extra season and letting him go at the end of next year - particularly when it doesn't seem like we have a big fish on the hook this off-season.

If Daniel wants to leave, North pony up and the deal gets done early, Macrae might very well be held to his contract for next season. That's a lot of senior midfield experience walking out the door and I can see Power wanting to stagger that over two seasons if St Kilda don't want to compensate us.

6. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I really like Caleb and think he can still play some good footy for us plus he's an excellent character, but a pick in the 20s would soften the blow considerably. If he does decide to go, that feels like a win for both parties.

It's kind of the inverse of the Macrae haggling. Jack's contracted for three more years, played some decent AFL footy last year, we don't need to get his cash off the books for 2025 and he is in and around our best 22. If they don't want to pay what he's worth, I'm fine with hanging onto him for an extra season and letting him go at the end of next year - particularly when it doesn't seem like we have a big fish on the hook this off-season.

If Daniel wants to leave, North pony up and the deal gets done early, Macrae might very well be held to his contract for next season. That's a lot of senior midfield experience walking out the door and I can see Power wanting to stagger that over two seasons if St Kilda don't want to compensate us.
    If Smith, Macrae & Daniel’s salary are all off our books, then that’s about $2M a season. Which is just massive, assuming we don’t use it all this year we can bank some. Add by the end of next year say JJ, Keath, Doc & Libba that’s just an enormous figure. I’m assuming we’ve banked Dunkley & Hunter’s non/wages too so I hope we are going as hard as a club can at Butters for next year. Apart from when we were bottoming out under BMac, I don’t remember a recent time when we were sitting on such a huge amount of cap.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Smith, Macrae & Daniel’s salary are all off our books, then that’s about $2M a season. Which is just massive, assuming we don’t use it all this year we can bank some. Add by the end of next year say JJ, Keath, Doc & Libba that’s just an enormous figure. I’m assuming we’ve banked Dunkley & Hunter’s non/wages too so I hope we are going as hard as a club can at Butters for next year. Apart from when we were bottoming out under BMac, I don’t remember a recent time when we were sitting on such a huge amount of cap.
    Agreed - it gives us a lot of flexibility in the market. If Daniel does go, I'd be forcing the Saints to pay what we deem Macrae to be worth or else he still has some value to us.

I'm not advocating for keeping them, but losing one makes the other more valuable to us.

I'm just not sure it makes a big difference if we held a Macrae or Daniel for an extra year considering we're potentially losing three mature midfielders in one off-season. Libba and Treloar will both be an extra year older and will need to be managed through the season.

The other thing we need to factor into the salary cap conversation is Darcy's contract. He re-signed at the start of his second season on what you'd think would've been close to a draftee wage - there will be $1million+ out of the cap when he signs this year.

His manager must've been licking his lips seeing the Mac Andrew contract, we don't need to pay the Gold Coast retention tax but our version is better...

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Darcy will be looked after as well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Agreed - it gives us a lot of flexibility in the market. If Daniel does go, I'd be forcing the Saints to pay what we deem Macrae to be worth or else he still has some value to us.

I'm not advocating for keeping them, but losing one makes the other more valuable to us.

I'm just not sure it makes a big difference if we held a Macrae or Daniel for an extra year considering we're potentially losing three mature midfielders in one off-season. They didn't have a big impact in 2024, but Libba and Treloar will both be an extra year older.

The other thing we need to factor into the salary cap conversation is Darcy's contract. He re-signed at the start of his second season on what you'd think would've been close to a draftee wage - there will be $1million+ out of the cap when he signs this year.

His manager must've been licking his lips seeing the Mac Andrew contract, we don't need to pay the Gold Coast retention tax but our version is better...
    I’m not too bother by Darcy’s contract. As I mentioned (and expend now), say he signs a 7 year deal the salaries leaving in the period include Bont, Adz, Libba, Lobb, Keath, JJ, Doc, Jones, Dale etc. - There’s going to be plenty to cover Sam.

As for holding onto one, that depends if we can bring in replacements. If we miss all our mid targets then maybe we hold firm. If we say got a couple of mids, then I’d haggle to the end but be happy to open up the cap. The ability to target a Butters next year is a great opportunity to supercharge the mini refresh/rebuild.

The club seems open to losing a few guys this year, so you’d have to think we have a plan to do something for the list to make it worthwhile.

13. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we're losing 3 senior players we better have some senior targets coming in. We don't even have a 1st round pick yet. If we lose all 3 and our only gain is O'Halloran, which is all I expect, it's an awful offseason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    If we're losing 3 senior players we better have some senior targets coming in. We don't even have a 1st round pick yet. If we lose all 3 and our only gain is O'Halloran, which is all I expect, it's an awful offseason.
    Baz is a loss of course but Daniel and Macrae are basically salary dumps. You, North and the Saints might consider them senior players but our MC do not. Not saying you are wrong but with the vision our MC has, we are basically freeing up $1.5m + getting some picks in for two guys we see at the fringes of the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Maybe a worse 3rd rounder from other trades but not 43
    Nobody knows where that pick ends up after. It gets pushed out by a few picks due to bidding but might come in a few picks when bids are matched.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Liam Baker has nominated the Eagles.

Crows also after Peatling and he has toured their facilities.

Looks like Graham will flee the sinking Tigers as well and head to the eagles on a four year fa deal.

Mcqualter already paying off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Liam Baker has nominated the Eagles.

Crows also after Peatling and he has toured their facilities.

Looks like Graham will flee the sinking Tigers as well and head to the eagles on a four year fa deal.

Mcqualter already paying off.
    Richmond will end up with about 5 to 6 first round picks. The real rebuild begins

from Jon Ralph - So Richmond's early haul looks like pick one, pick six as part of a trade for Rioli, picks 9 and 16 as part of a Bolton trade, pick 13 for Baker. They have picks 21 and 29. Might get second-round or end-of-second-round compo for Graham?
    Last edited by bornadog; Today at 12:48 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.