Results 1,396 to 1,402 of 1402
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Assistant Coaches

Gee… some harsh hate for a club legend.

Post Thanks / Like

To avoid confusion here is the article:

Dogs hoping club great will Bob up again at the Kennel

After three years at Fremantle Bob Murphy is returning to Melbourne, with the Western Bulldogs keen to lure him home

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have approached club great Bob Murphy to return to the Whitten Oval, following his departure from Fremantle.

Murphy resigned as the Dockers? head of leadership last month after spending three seasons in Perth in a variety of roles under Justin Longmuir.

The 42-year-old has since returned to Melbourne with his family and is exploring opportunities to resume his media career, appearing on Triple M and ABC in September.

Before Murphy moved to Fremantle, the dual All-Australian combined his radio commitments at SEN with multiple roles at his old club, including in the W program, the media department and as a club ambassador.

The Bulldogs would like Murphy to return in a similar capacity around his media commitments in 2025.

Murphy is one of the club?s favourite sons after playing 312 games across 18 seasons in red, white and blue before he retired in 2017.

After widespread change and two different reviews, the Dogs aren?t expected to make many, if any, changes to the football department this off-season.

This time last year they poached Matt Egan from Geelong and promoted him to GM over the pre-season, also adding Daniel Pratt from West Coast, who was voted assistant coach of the year by the AFL Coaches Association earlier this month.

Former St Kilda captain Jarryn Geary joined the club as development and leadership coach and will continue to run the leadership program at the kennel.

Premiership Sydney defender Alex Johnson also returned to clubland as a development coach, where he spent 2024 working closely with the young key position players at the Whitten Oval.

3. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Gee… some harsh hate for a club legend.
    Not at all. One can be a club legend and unworthy of a coaching role. As it happens he’s not been looked at so that’s that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BORDERLINE FLYING

7. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Not at all. One can be a club legend and unworthy of a coaching role. As it happens he?s not been looked at so that?s that.
    Doug Hawkins was a club legend - may as well get him into the coaches box to provide some technical/gameday analysis.

Coaching is all consuming - Bob had a taste and realised it wasn't for him. Good on him getting out of his comfort zone and having a crack but he's seemingly worked out his strengths and coaching isn't it. The mooted media relations/ambassadorial role definitely is though.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes bulldogtragic, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think our very talented and developing forwards deserve a very talented forwards coach. An average one and a casual goalkicking coach isn't adequate, or doing them justice. I have no candidates but I'm sure there's coaches around who are a tier above the current guy. Thats the weak line for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pleather Sole View Post
    I think our very talented and developing forwards deserve a very talented forwards coach. An average one and a casual goalkicking coach isn't adequate, or doing them justice. I have no candidates but I'm sure there's coaches around who are a tier above the current guy. Thats the weak line for me.
    We were the second highest scoring team - surely he gets some credit
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes Uninformed liked this post