Thanks Thanks:  139
Likes Likes:  826
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1395
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Agree with this 100%. It looks a long, long way back for them.

Yes. They won three. Massive Kudos for that.

But we won in 2016. They won in 2017.

Have a look at our list compared to those. Hardwick has left the joint in a mess.
    If I'm a Richmond supporter I legit don't give a crap how he leaves the place after 3 flags.

Whitten Oval has been burning since 2021 and Bevo is still there so they're still well in front of us.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    If I'm a Richmond supporter I legit don't give a crap how he leaves the place after 3 flags.

Whitten Oval has been burning since 2021 and Bevo is still there so they're still well in front of us.
    Yep, they totally cashed in with 3 flags in 4 years - they will be happy for the next decade.

Ironically Hardwick leaving early will give them a draft haul this year that will fast-track their list build at warp speed before Tassie come in and compromise everything again. They will also bank enormous cap space going young the next couple of years, so they will go hard for established superstars by the time Tassie start cherry-picking all the young talent. None of this will help Yze (rebuild coaches barely ever survive) but it will help Richmond bounce back if they choose wisely.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Twomey reports:

CLUBS are again considering trade approaches for Melbourne star Clayton Oliver.
    Oliver is signed at the Demons until the end of 2030, but AFL.com.au understands for the second successive trade period clubs are weighing up trade advances for him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Twomey reports:
    Linked to Geelong. Not sure how'd they'd get him and Smith done.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Linked to Geelong. Not sure how'd they'd get him and Smith done.
    Smith > SDK
    Oliver > 1st, F1

?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Smith > SDK
    Oliver > 1st, F1

?
    I think Melbourne would want top 10 picks for Clarry.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Twomey reports:
    That would be huge for them. They'd have to be prepared to trade good players to get both done.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not so sure - I think it might depend on who stumps up a lot of the cash owing to Clarry.

They're locked into a huge contract with a guy whose off-field issues are probably worse than anyone's in the league and he'll be 28 by the time we go around again next year.

This might be the chance for the Dees to hit the ejector seat and get themselves out of a terrible contract as well as go some way towards appeasing Petracca.

His best in Brownlow level, but I think he'd be pretty long odds to ever get back there at the moment.

10. Likes chef, azabob, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep, they totally cashed in with 3 flags in 4 years - they will be happy for the next decade.

Ironically Hardwick leaving early will give them a draft haul this year that will fast-track their list build at warp speed before Tassie come in and compromise everything again. They will also bank enormous cap space going young the next couple of years, so they will go hard for established superstars by the time Tassie start cherry-picking all the young talent. None of this will help Yze (rebuild coaches barely ever survive) but it will help Richmond bounce back if they choose wisely.
    Agreed re. Yze but it will at least give everyone at the club an opportunity to start again and get as much as possible right. Something they've never actually done in my living memory prior to Hardwick.

Essendon please don't take note.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

They can certainly ask but given his past behavioural challenges I'm not sure they would get that anywhere.

How much do Melbourne want / don't want him?

Post Thanks / Like

They can certainly ask but given his past behavioural challenges I'm not sure they would get that anywhere.

Do they have a choice if Trac says it's me or him?
    It's a mess of a contract as it is - his best is brilliant but it's over $1m pa until 2030 and he hasn't hit a target by foot since 2022
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

If Geelong are after Oliver then that might be a line through the Smith trade.

Wasn't it a given Smith was going to Collingwood earlier in the year, to the extent media were speculating that Collingwood players were told not to make it too obvious?

Also, given nobody's said the obvious at any point this year, Smith and Sydney seem like a good match.
    TF is this?.........Obviously you're not a golfer.

Post Thanks / Like

Given his recent on field challenges too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If Geelong are after Oliver then that might be a line through the Smith trade.

Wasn't it a given Smith was going to Collingwood earlier in the year, to the extent media were speculating that Collingwood players were told not to make it too obvious?

Also, given nobody's said the obvious at any point this year, Smith and Sydney seem like a good match.
    With his Buddy - maybe it's happening

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Smith > SDK
    Oliver > 1st, F1

?
    Or they do the Brisbane.......get Oliver done and then say Bulldogs get the steak knives