Thanks Thanks:  146
Likes Likes:  852
Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 46868788899091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1452
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Reading some posts from Cats fans about SDK, there is a lot of Lewis Young/Tim English type chat about him - that he is not aggressive enough, gets pushed around, has regressed in the past two seasons. I have not really watched him recently but remember him as the 20yo CHB in their flag - has anyone paid attention to the cats recently and can allay these concerns?
    When we was thrown in the ruck against Carlton his brother smashed him to pieces, English vibes.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    When we was thrown in the ruck against Carlton his brother smashed him to pieces, English vibes.
    I was thinking that SDK was the good one but it is actually TDK. Probably a no then - do we need another player with a soft underbelly?

Post Thanks / Like

Harsh assessment, he was thrown into a role he hadn't done a lot of training for. I thought his spirit and intent were quite good.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes bornadog, kickit2Koly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    For how many hours a day is trade radio on?
    I think it is cute you pretend you do not know when Trade radio is on.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I was thinking that SDK was the good one but it is actually TDK. Probably a no then - do we need another player with a soft underbelly?
    He is a backman and not a ruck. Still only 23 and I would be surprised if Cats let him go.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If SDK was a trade option for us I would be very open to a straight swap for Smith.
    From my understanding, if he is available then Carlton will go all out to get him.

I know there is a bit of a Bulldogs link but I don't believe we should be thinking that link will makes us a more attractive destination for him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With regard to SDK, it was instructive to me that Geelong preferred other key defenders over him late in the season even when fully fit and available. Geelong know the strengths and weaknesses of their own better than anyone, and his breakout 2022 season form as a key defender has not been reached since. I would proceed with great caution, because any move for him will come at absolute maximum trade cost.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is a backman and not a ruck. Still only 23 and I would be surprised if Cats let him go.
    Not suggesting he is a ruck but he is not the good DK. He is ok but not sure if he is what we need. I would rather some decent mids (on top of what we have).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Harsh assessment, he was thrown into a role he hadn't done a lot of training for. I thought his spirit and intent were quite good.
    Fair enough, I wasn't impressed.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Not suggesting he is a ruck but he is not the good DK. He is ok but not sure if he is what we need. I would rather some decent mids (on top of what we have).
    We have Busslinger to come in next season, would rather focus on mids, too.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

We have Busslinger to come in next season, would rather focus on mids, too.
    I hear ya but we also have Liam Jones who looks like he might be done soon (truly hope not).

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    With regard to SDK, it was instructive to me that Geelong preferred other key defenders over him late in the season even when fully fit and available. Geelong know the strengths and weaknesses of their own better than anyone, and his breakout 2022 season form as a key defender has not been reached since. I would proceed with great caution, because any move for him will come at absolute maximum trade cost.
    Was he fully fit though? I know he was fit enough to return to the VFL but he had missed close to a month after minor knee surgery. Although it was surprising he wasn't selected it is also somewhat understandable they decided not to risk a potentially underdone player in finals combined with a downturn in form this year.

Ask Naughton what he thinks of SDK - from memory he has struggled to get a kick against him in prior years. I wouldn't write him off after 1 down season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Was he fully fit though? I know he was fit enough to return to the VFL but he had missed close to a month after minor knee surgery. Although it was surprising he wasn't selected it is also somewhat understandable they decided not to risk a potentially underdone player in finals combined with a downturn in form this year.

Ask Naughton what he thinks of SDK - from memory he has struggled to get a kick against him in prior years. I wouldn't write him off after 1 down season.
    I suppose it'll all come down to value and opportunity cost. I wouldn't want to move heaven and earth for him, but if it's the best way to extract value from the cats for Smith then it might be a punt worth taking. 6yrs on decent coin could hurt though.

Would I prefer SDK or pick 23ish for Smith? Tough question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I suppose it'll all come down to value and opportunity cost. I wouldn't want to move heaven and earth for him, but if it's the best way to extract value from the cats for Smith then it might be a punt worth taking. 6yrs on decent coin could hurt though.

Would I prefer SDK or pick 23ish for Smith? Tough question.
    Why not both?

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keath is finishing up, Jones and Lobb are both in their 30s and not contracted past next year. SDK and Busslinger gives us genuine key backs for the next decade.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes Testekill liked this post