Thanks Thanks:  147
Likes Likes:  858
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 478788899091929394959697
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1455
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

If we swap Baz for SDK is there a risk we are just be a half way house to Blues? ie poached in a few years?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Keath is finishing up, Jones and Lobb are both in their 30s and not contracted past next year. SDK and Busslinger gives us genuine key backs for the next decade.
    Buss is a long way from 100% bankable. I hope he comes good but he hasn't even played a game yet.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Buss is a long way from 100% bankable. I hope he comes good but he hasn't even played a game yet.
    Then we do need an SDK.

I was talking the future, and we don't even know if Buzz will cut it at AFL level, but it is a plan
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cal Twoomey mentioned today that Collingwood is an unlikely destination for Peatling.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    If we swap Baz for SDK is there a risk we are just be a half way house to Blues? ie poached in a few years?
    Contract offered would be a long term one

8. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we did get SDK for Baz in a trade, what exactly does that mean for Croft? Looking at our spine long term, we'd have:

Tall Defenders - SDK, JOD, Buss, arguably Khamis and Coffield
    Rucks - English, Smith
    Tall Forwards - Darcy, JUH, Naughton

That's a lot of top end talent that should be playing every week, but what do we do with Croft?

Makes for interesting times ahead with all these flaky rumours around JUH leaving. Because the only way I see everyone fitting (assuming Khamis/Coffield are depth options) is if JUH left and Croft is viewed as a forward, not defender.

10. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Contract offered would be a long term one
    Yep, the BF rumour from last week (that apparently was repeated on Trade Radio today) was that we had offered a lucrative 6 year deal.

12. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin-Dog View Post
    If we did get SDK for Baz in a trade, what exactly does that mean for Croft? Looking at our spine long term, we'd have:

Tall Defenders - SDK, JOD, Buss, arguably Khamis and Coffield
    Rucks - English, Smith
    Tall Forwards - Darcy, JUH, Naughton

That's a lot of top end talent that should be playing every week, but what do we do with Croft?

Makes for interesting times ahead with all these flaky rumours around JUH leaving. Because the only way I see everyone fitting (assuming Khamis/Coffield are depth options) is if JUH left and Croft is viewed as a forward, not defender.
    Looking at Croft, he is at least 3 years away from building his body and being AFL ready, but I know what you mean with your list above.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Why not both?
    I'm not sure we have the trade capital for both. We'll want our picks next year for a shot at Butters. I'd hate to blow capital on SDK if it meant we aren't in with a shot at Butters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I'm not sure we have the trade capital for both. We'll want our picks next year for a shot at Butters. I'd hate to blow capital on SDK if it meant we aren't in with a shot at Butters.
    The way I read Reload's post was SDK plus Geelong's first round pick for Smith

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The way I read Reload's post was SDK plus Geelong's first round pick for Smith
    Because SDK is contracted, and given the higher currency for KPDs, my feel is that Geelong would be asking us to sweeten the deal... Not just throwing in another first round pick.

I'm not sold on SDK but if the alternative is pick 20 and a future second, I think there is definitely less risk with him.

17. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we could ask Naughton’s thoughts on bringing over SDK given SDK has smashed him every time they’ve been against each other.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Maybe we could ask Naughton’s thoughts on bringing over SDK given SDK has smashed him every time they’ve been against each other.
    Was about to say the same thing has killed Naughton on many occasions I remember a game I watched live at marvel potentially in 2022 where he was really impressive one on one against Naughty.

I wouldn't say SDK is soft thats for sure its more about how much $$$ we want to put towards talls where once again smalls dominated the finals. I'm really keen to take our first rounder to the draft we have seen how quickly they can impact the finals let alone a regular season game.

SDK is tempting though with plenty of question marks around JOD and Buss going forward, JOD had an average season at best I still think he should have spent more time at Footscray to develop.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong played hard ball over Esava for 2 straight years, I find it hard to believe they'd deal with SDK when they're trying to buy a flag before Dangerfield retires.

I get it's slightly different because they're after Smith, but Mackie is earning a bit of a reputation for being difficult. Perhaps if they could get Oliver to commit it makes SDK expendable because it's unlikely they otherwise bring him and Smith in, but I suspect Oliver stays.

In terms of raw talent I think we still lack for a quality KPD. Jones is at or near the end, Lobb might have a couple of years, I'm unconvinced on JOD, Busslinger and Croft haven't played a game.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Remember when the whole football world presumed Buddy was going to GWS but he ended up at the Swans?
    Some jungle drums beating re Bazlenka and the Tigers. Right age profile. Big club with massive media exposure and fan base. He would immediately be the biggest name at the club. If he wants brand attention there it is. They have the draft picks. They have the salary space. B Smith to the Tigers is huge headline news. Watch this space

23. Thanks kruder thanked for this post